Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel to Make Game-Changing Announcement on The View

• 107 results
    Avatar image for brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie
    brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Marvel is trash.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Gracetrack

@zarathos022 said:

@fattytravy: I acknowledge your agreement and appreciate it.

But wouldn't it be funny if this so-called "big" announcement turned out to be that they were going to replace an established female character with a male version of that character.

What I find so amazing about it is that people actually buy into the idea that elevating a black man or a woman to success based entirely on the work of white men (in the case of both Cap and Thor) is somehow a win for diversification in comics. If you wanted to be really cheeky about it you could even say that Marvel is implying that black men and women are simply too incompetent be successful without a white guy helping them out. That's not at all true, of course, but it's kind of fascinating how botched an attempt at diversification this all was if you decide to take a few seconds to think about it... but I digress.

The announcement is really that Tony Stark is going to let a black, lesbian Republican woman wear the suit for the next 7 or 8 months until sales drop off and Marvel realizes that their gimmick to bring in new readers was just that, a cheap gimmick.

ding ding ding

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"but it could be a cool addition to SECRET WARS."

no....no it wouldn't.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Gamora solo series would be awesome. Please do it Marvel, DO IT!

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got to my folks house, having my morning coffee. i'll be sure to watch thsi and see whether i want to throw my coffeee mug at the tv or start cheering

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just...no...please no to announcements on The View. The actual announcement last time was fine, just didn't care for the reactions/remarks of some the hosts on there. Some came off a bit condescending. I understand they're trying to get more female readers and aim for that demographic, but it's just odd since most of the people I know who watch The View are older women. Just keep making good books and you'll be fine, or at least push the other ways to get comics since a lot of places don't have LCSs or a place to buy comics. Really advertise buying digitally and how you can read on your phone or tablet, etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

A Gamora solo series would be awesome. Please do it Marvel, DO IT!

It might happen, considering what's happened to her in the new Black Vortex story line. I'm watching right now.

Sychotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Sychotic

Shit wasn't even announced... Fuck Marvel and their pandering.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sychotic said:

Shit wasn't even announced... Fuck Marvel and their pandering.

Exactly....i wasted a fucking hour watching that shit show....i don't care about that old bag from sex in the city or martha stewart. i was constantly trying to hold myself from vomiting everytime i saw rosie on the screen. along with whoopi making her usual BS comments. i can't understand how their is a following for this crap show and or how does it continue to stay on tv.

Marvel today you wasted an hour of my time making me watch this shit for nothing.....

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Zarius

If it's any consolation, the announcement online was an all-female Avengers book from Ms. Marvel's writer

DC's post-convergence news completely slaughtered them in terms of engaging publicity this morning.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diversity ! Diversity everywhere ! ....If only they would make it in a meaningful way that people would care about.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.