Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel Reschedules Release Dates for Four Films

• 52 results
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided

Last night, shortly after the Spider-Man coming to Marvel announcement, it was announced that 4 films would be getting new release dates in the MCU, including the film that was originally opening up the same day at the next Spider-Man film:

Marvel’s “Thor: Ragnarok” will hit theaters November 3, 2017. The following year, Marvel’s “Black Panther” will make its way to theaters on July 6, 2018, and Marvel’s “Captain Marvel” on November 2, 2018. Finally, Marvel’s “Inhumans” will now debut in theaters July 12, 2019.

Both Mavel's Avengers: Infinity War Part one and Part 2 will hit theaters on May 4th 2018 and May 3rd, 2019. Their release dates are unchanged.

This will obviously give a little more breathing room to these films, especially Thor: Ragnarok which is getting pushed back a few months from summer to fall.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

cannot wait to see these

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Still pretty excited for black panther and inhumans.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thor Ragnarok is still before Avengers Infinity War part I, Thanos will be in "the end of all things" for sure...

The 2017 Defenders Netflix mini series could be connected with 2017 Spider-Man movie...

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By Odin's beard, I hope Thor: Ragnarok is better than the sequel was. Which isn't that difficult of a feat.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Man...now I gotta wait 4 years for Inhumans? Still excited for the rest of the MCU news.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Awesome-sauce! This is a great day!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@asgaard said:

Thor Ragnarok is still before Avengers Infinity War part I, Thanos will be in "the end of all things" for sure...

The 2017 Defenders Netflix mini series could be connected with 2017 Spider-Man movie...

Not unless they're going to rate Spider-Man mature and making him gritty

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and Spiderman will be awkwardly forced into all of them

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These pushes are all totally worth it. GO SPIDER-MAN

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally worth the pushes though!

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Worth it

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

Boo!

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By daredevil21134

@asgaard said:

I'm sure they won't.Marvel is going use their most well known hero to appeal to kids of all ages.I think the only chance of Spidey and DD meeting is in the Infinity war.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MAZAHS117

My issue isn't with the push back of the other MCU films. Tbh, those movies release dates were so far away anyways, it doesn't really matter to me.

I'm more concerned with if they are going to now cram Spidey into Civil War...and if they do, how will that effect how they were going to use T'Challa. I'm kinda confliced on this, cause on one hand I'm really excited on how Spider-Man will fit into all this, but on the other I don't want Black Panthers involvement to be pushed to the side :-|...Black Panther FINALLY getting some lime light has been loooooong time coming

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Asgaard

@daredevil21134 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@asgaard said:

I'm sure they won't.Marvel is going use their most well known hero to appeal to kids of all ages.I think the only chance of Spidey and DD meeting is in the Infinity war.

I said connected... The netflix series are connected with the Mcu and If something big happens in the Defenders Mini series in the Hell's Kitchen, that probably will be acknowledged in the new Spider-Man Movie.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

By Odin's beard, I hope Thor: Ragnarok is better than the sequel was. Which isn't that difficult of a feat.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

I wonder if Civil War will serve more of an introduction movie for the rest.

Black Panter, Spider-Man are confirmed to be appearing for the first time in Civil War.

Could the Inhumans, Captain Marvel, and Netflix's Defenders have their first appearance in this movie too. I feel like we need more super heroes to fight the Civil War.

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panter, Spider-Man are confirmed to be appearing for the first time in Civil War.

Could the Inhumans, Captain Marvel, and Netflix's Defenders have their first appearance in this movie too. I feel like we need more super heroes to fight the Civil War.

was spider-man actually confirmed to be in civil war though or is that speculation ?

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@mrnoital said:

and Spiderman will be awkwardly forced into all of them

Unfortunately.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Disappointed in the pushback on Captain Marvel and Black Panther, but pumped Spidey is going to be included in the MCU.

errantknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where are you guys getting that they've reached a deal with Sony to use Spiderman. Last I saw, that wasn't looking good.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

Spidey took Thor's place,

asjmooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cant wait for inhumans

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@asgaard said:

I said connected... The netflix series are connected with the Mcu and If something big happens in the Defenders Mini series in the Hell's Kitchen, that probably will be acknowledged in the new Spider-Man Movie.

Well then you answered your own question since everything is connected lol.I get what you're saying,but I'm not sure Marvel looks at these Netflix series like anything big.It's possible though.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By viin

yea i still don't really care...I wanna see what they do with Black Panther but they will probably burn him out before his own movie comes out. And the Civil War movie just sounds like a clustertruck and an over load of characters now. But this is what Marvel gets for trying to compete with the DC movies announcements. And they should just take out the Captain America part and call it Marvel: Civil War or Avengers: Civil War..doesnt sound much like a Cap movie anymore.

And have they even confirmed a director on the Infinity War movies? I heard Joss Wheadon doesn't want to do it. Which is fine by me. It just seems they left those two movie release dates to compete with Justice League.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@asgaard said:

Well then you answered your own question since everything is connected lol.I get what you're saying,but I'm not sure Marvel looks at these Netflix series like anything big.It's possible though.

Depends how successful that series will be, Daredevil trailer was great at least for me, if they are setting the Inhumans in AOS (i like it specially in season 2), but AOS is not that successful, and if the Defenders is more successful than AOS i can see some crossovers with the rest of the Mcu, and Spidey could be connected with for ex. Kingpin.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RisingBean

Disappointed in the pushback on Captain Marvel and Black Panther, but pumped Spidey is going to be included in the MCU.

Dude, I was going to see Panther and Inhumans for my Birthday (while not on the exact date, close enough to count as a party) those years. I'm really bummed. I do get to see Ragnarok though for that purpose.

Still, screw you Marvel.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@asgaard said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@asgaard said:

Depends how successful that series will be, Daredevil trailer was great at least for me, if they are setting the Inhumans in AOS (i like it specially in season 2), but AOS is not that successful, and if the Defenders is more successful than AOS i can see some crossovers with the rest of the Mcu, and Spidey could be connected with for ex. Kingpin.

I too loved the trailer.I would lreally hope Defenders is successful.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@asgaard said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@asgaard said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@asgaard said:

But again like I said the Netflix shows are rated M, they aren't meant to be all flashy and fun like the rest of the MCU.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Spidey !!

MikeGrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@errantknight: It was posted on this very site just yesterday. Its still on the front page of news

errantknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By errantknight

Ah, ok, thanks! Too much gaming, not enough reading. ;)

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

I wonder if Marvel Studios is scrambling to try and set up a Spider-man cameo for the after-credit scene of AVERNGERS: AGE OF ULTRON. It might not be too late to make that sort of small addition to the end of the film.

Knowing how long this deal has been in the works behind the scenes, I wouldn't be surprised if Joss Whedon had something at least plotted for a cameo. Just in case.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This spidey film better be good.

Beata

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

@sora_thekey said:

was spider-man actually confirmed to be in civil war though or is that speculation ?

According to the Press Release he's appearing in a movie before his solo film. That limits the options to Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Civil War, Doctor Strange, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2. The first two are pretty much done, and out of the Phase 3 three films left, it makes more sense for Civil War to get Spidey.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

errantknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is very good news. A substitute for Spiderman's role in the civil war just wouldn't have worked as well.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

The Sinister Six movie is still a go but I'm wondering why don't they call it Amazing Spider-Man 3 and then have Sony call it quits. Sony was talking about a female lead movie like Black Cat or Spider-Woman but I think that is going to be scrapped and what about the Venom movie? I suppose they could make an Amazing Spider-Man 4 with Venom and Carnage but Eddie Brock and the symbiote would have to be introduced in the Sinister Six movie first.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes for SPIDEY !!! and hopefully the villians look like they should in the next one. also thats black panther might be cool.

mikeg1965

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mikeg1965

Whats' wrong with having Spider-Man in the Civil War Movie? Everyone knows who Spider-Man is as a Character and he was in the Civil War Comic. Why is this scenario so outlandish? It's not like it's Marvel's first time in the Rodeo with Team Movies, so they can handle it.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

SO Excited

~MiB

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it's official. I'm really excited and looking forward to the next couple of years

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viin said:

yea i still don't really care...I wanna see what they do with Black Panther but they will probably burn him out before his own movie comes out. And the Civil War movie just sounds like a clustertruck and an over load of characters now. But this is what Marvel gets for trying to compete with the DC movies announcements.And they should just take out the Captain America part and call it Marvel: Civil War or Avengers: Civil War..doesnt sound much like a Cap movie anymore.

And have they even confirmed a director on the Infinity War movies? I heard Joss Wheadon doesn't want to do it. Which is fine by me. It just seems they left those two movie release dates to compete with Justice League.

More like DC is trying to compete with Marvel. Marvel has had their movie Universe for some time now. Iran Man 1-3, Cap 1-2, Thor 1-2, Avengers 1 and AoU soon, GoTG, Hulk, Ant-Man all made while DC has only MoS to show so far for their shared Universe. Marvel doesn't need to worry about DC they are just fine right now dominating the box office.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viin said:

yea i still don't really care...I wanna see what they do with Black Panther but they will probably burn him out before his own movie comes out. And the Civil War movie just sounds like a clustertruck and an over load of characters now. But this is what Marvel gets for trying to compete with the DC movies announcements.And they should just take out the Captain America part and call it Marvel: Civil War or Avengers: Civil War..doesnt sound much like a Cap movie anymore.

More like DC is trying to compete with Marvel. Marvel has had their movie Universe for some time now. Iran Man 1-3, Cap 1-2, Thor 1-2, Avengers 1 and AoU soon, GoTG, Hulk, Ant-Man all made while DC has only MoS to show so far for their shared Universe. Marvel doesn't need to worry about DC they are just fine right now dominating the box office.

I understand that Marvel has been pumping out movie after movie but after DC announced their lineup of movies why did Marvel go and add Iron Man, Black Panther, now Spider-Man, and most likely every character that has shown up in the MCU in a Captain America film that comes out the same year as Batman v Superman? Wasn't Cap gonna go looking for Bucky at the end of Winter Soldier? It just seems to me they are trying to put an Avengers film out the same year as Batman v Superman to compete.

And DC was making movies long before the MCU started so why would DC be worried about Marvel's shared universe when movies like The Dark Knight and even Man of Steel can easily compete with theirs? Plus DC has already said they are not doing the whole jokey/kiddy approach to their universe so their not intentionally targeting young audiences which means they probably won't make as much money. But in the end my point is Captain America 3 sounds more like an Avengers film and not a Captain America movie.

Avatar image for street_level_hero
    Street_Level_Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther in 20-effing-18??????!!!!!!!!

No Caption Provided

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By viin

@viin said:

Marvel dominating the box office right now is the whole reason they are worried about DC...they want to stay on top.

errantknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By errantknight

I don't see the problem. Spiderman played a significant role in civil wars as the guy in the middle who can see both points of view and his character is just the right sort of person for that. This is all good news. I was having trouble thinking of a character who could replace him.

wrongdamnside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viin said:

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

@viin said:

I understand that Marvel has been pumping out movie after movie but after DC announced their lineup of movies why did Marvel go and add Iron Man, Black Panther, now Spider-Man, and most likely every character that has shown up in the MCU in a Captain America film that comes out the same year as Batman v Superman? Wasn't Cap gonna go looking for Bucky at the end of Winter Soldier? It just seems to me they are trying to put an Avengers film out the same year as Batman v Superman to compete.

And DC was making movies long before the MCU started so why would DC be worried about Marvel's shared universe when movies like The Dark Knight and even Man of Steel can easily compete with theirs? Plus DC has already said they are not doing the whole jokey/kiddy approach to their universe so their not intentionally targeting young audiences which means they probably won't make as much money. But in the end my point is Captain America 3 sounds more like an Avengers film and not a Captain America movie.

But you forget, it's not an Avengers movie without THE HULK! Smashity-smash-smash-smasher!

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Asgaard
    @viin said:

Wasn't the MCU success responsible for the Dc shared universe and movie slate?

Yes Kevin Feige is also trying to outshine Dc in 2016, he knows how the movie business works and B v S is crucial for the DCU the less momentum and spotlight that this movie has, better for Marvel as leader in comic book movie adaptations.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.