Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel NOW Point One Teaser 3 - Ant-Man

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack
    No Caption Provided

I think Ant-Man is awesome, but at the same time I feel like this is going to be either Eric or Scott and not Hank. Which I would be fine with, but considering they like to sync up comics and movies I feel like this is going to lead to Hank Pym getting shafted out of the Marvel Movieverse if it's not Hank.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Blood1991

It had better be Hank!

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By the_tree

I think it's going to be Scott. Marvel seems like they're trying to be more like the movies now, and I remember Wright stating something along the lines that Pym would be sort of sitting back and mentoring Scott in the movie. Eric O'Grady has been stated to be coming back as a villain in Secret Avengers, the Black Ant (lame, lame, lame, he's much better as a jerk hero).

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Honestly I really hope Scott Lang returns to being Ant-Man and, seeing as they just brought him back in Children's Crusade, I feel that's what direction Marvel going with.

Also, last thing I heard about the new Ant-Man movie is that the film will have both Hank Pym as Scott Lang, with Hank being the original Ant-Man and Scott taking the mantle and becoming the new one, maybe with Hank becoming his mentor or something. Honestly I feel Scott is a great choice, I mean the whole idea of a man stealing another man's technology to try to save his daughter, audiences can relate to that and it's a compelling story. I mean just watch the episode of Avengers: EMH when Scott Lang becomes the new Ant-Man, take the foundation of that story and that could make for a great movie. At least in my opinion it could.

hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By hectorsquall

@The_Tree said:

I think it's going to be Scott. Marvel seems like they're trying to be more like the movies now, and I remember Wright stating something along the lines that Pym would be sort of sitting back and mentoring Scott in the movie. Eric O'Grady has been stated to be coming back as a villain in Secret Avengers, the Black Ant (lame, lame, lame, he's much better as a jerk hero).

o_O

Looks like my hatred for Remender won't stop anytime soon...

Or maybe I was wrong. If O'Grady isn't really dead, that leaves the door open for an interesting possibility. After reading Secret Avengers Spotlight: Ant-Man (12/08/2011) I can't help but hope that Remender will redeem himself after the Toxin debacle (which happened off panel so it can still be retconned ;p) and maybe turn O'Grady into a new Darth Revan. That would be freaking awesome and if he does something like that I swear to buy every issue I skipped of his run on Secret Avengers :p

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @hectorsquall said:

@The_Tree said:

o_O

Looks like my hatred for Remender won't stop anytime soon...

Or maybe I was wrong. If O'Grady isn't really dead, that leaves the door open for an interesting possibility. After reading Secret Avengers Spotlight: Ant-Man (12/08/2011) I can't help but hope that Remender will redeem himself after the Toxin debacle (which happened off panel so it can still be retconned ;p) and maybe turn O'Grady into a new Darth Revan. That would be freaking awesome and if he does something like that I swear to buy every issue I skipped of his run on Secret Avengers :p

Looks like O'Grady is turning evil...
    Secret Avengers #33
    Secret Avengers #33
    hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hectorsquall

@War Killer: Yep, it looks like it.

But if he turns evil that means that there's still hope. I really thought he was dead but if Remender turns him into "Black Ant" we might still see him alive and well at some point. I don't know why but that immediately made me think of Darth Revan and I don't care if it's not original, if Remender does something like that it would make for some awesome stories and hopefully a chance of redemption at the end. Maybe I'm a little too optimistic right now but I'm just glad to see that he's still around and might be himself again in the future!

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Marvel Now has too much of the color black in all the new color schemes....

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Madame_Mist

Nice to see Nova stepping up. Not that big on Ant-Man.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.