Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Marvel Heroes 2013 (Game)

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By warlock360

So since this game has recently come out, i was going to ask if any of you already gave it a try? It's in the same manner as Diablo (Hack and Slay Adventure), you start with one of 5 characters (Daredevil, Thing, Hawkeye, Storm or Scarlet Witch) and can either pay to get characters (and outfits) you want early, or unlock them via playing a while.

Here's the Roster.

Here are the costumes.

The ones with the "coming soon", will be released after the open beta finishes. (No char wipe you get to keep them)

My Name on there is "Lamacra" and i'm currently playing as Daredevil.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I did test it. I decided to quit after i realized how hard and annoying is to unlock the hero you want.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By warlock360

When was the last time you played? They did some changes so that every NPC now has a chance to drop it (at around ~1%).

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I like the animation styles in the intro a lot. The motion comics look pretty sweet, too; after watching some game-play, it makes me wonder how much of that is actually incorporated into the game, because I think the more of that they used the more interested I would be personally.

I think it is kind of interesting how the first characters you can use (Daredevil, Storm, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, and Thing) are all technically Avengers, but still represent different parts of the MU, giving people different access points to the game based on different stories. I dunno.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 2D animations are implemented each time you access a new Chapter / Mission.

Here's an example:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@warlock360:

That is precisely the problem, 1% is SPECTACULARLY Low. I finished the game a couple of times and the only times when enemies dropped a character where at the end of the prologue and after beating the final boss, and the character that Doom dropped was The Thing, the one i used all game long. I kept triying a few weeks more beating massives amounts of enemies, and repeating missions and after that, my roster was with the same two characters that i always had. And im not willing to pay for buying a couple of characters and costumes, im a DLC hater.

So i better switched to my old and good MUA.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlock360:

That is precisely the problem, 1% is SPECTACULARLY Low. I finished the game a couple of times and the only times when enemies dropped a character where at the end of the prologue and after beating the final boss, and the character that Doom dropped was The Thing, the one i used all game long. I kept triying a few weeks more beating massives amounts of enemies, and repeating missions and after that, my roster was with the same two characters that i always had. And im not willing to pay for buying a couple of characters and costumes, im a DLC hater.

So i better switched to my old and good MUA.

Well in comparison to Diablo (of which i have 300+ hours game time experience), the chance of getting a legendary is even lower. I've had my fair share of them (over the time) and am confident in finding "enough" characters in the future. I'll play it for a few weeks and see if the rate can compare. I've only began playing it recently so i can't really say that much about it yet.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By warlock360

Black Panther just dropped, got two other costumes along the way, and im at the dailys at the moment. Got boots with 21% special rarity boost. Can't complain on my side.

Edit 2 days later: (07.06.13) Found Daredevil 3x, Scarlet witch x1, BP x1 and Ms. Marvel just now. The drop rate is fine.

Ubersoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Ubersoldier

Reporting back in, Warlock360 here, they have greatly improved the gameplay! Heroes cannot drop anymore, Costumes still do, and you don't get a random starter hero from fulfilling the intro or the ending, but you get 100 Eternity splinters for those. Heroes can now be bought by Vendor Adam Warlock (yay!) for Eternity shards, the cheapest ones ranging from 200, to the mediocre priced ones 400, to the highest 600. Eternity shards fall under the category of Special item find, and can drop from anything, even containers or boxes. For those who are not so lucky with finding things they even implemented a guaranteed drop every 8 minutes!!!

You can also buy a random hero for 175 shards, i used one and got colosssus (which I'm very happy with since he has max durability and a whole lot of strength).

They also changed the meta gameplay as they took out the Limbo missions, and added Mid-town Manhatten. You can go there from lvl 1 to lvl 60, and it basically is a whole city filled with all kinds of goons and every 5 minutes or so a gang of 2-5 super villains appear who can be defeated by the heroes located in the vicinity. It's really fun!

Fortune card's restrictions have been lifted up to 5 times a day, Human torch is now playable, and also the Gambit vendor has been removed, possibly inclining a new playable Hero...

Ingame Name: Lamacra

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yup the game is a lot better now than it was at launch. If anybody wants to play feel free to add me.

Username:PeppeyHare

Ubersoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Ubersoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peppeyhare: Gonna add you as soon as the patch is done loading

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Wow, this looks like garbage.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.