Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Deadpool: PG-13 Ode-to-Guns

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Wade Wilson's becomes arguably the best American comic book anti-hero.

Anti-hero is not a light word to throw around. Such a word would be appropriate for a literary work such as "The Stand" (Stephen King) or an analytics-tool to talk about Darth Vader (Star Wars).

Wade Wilson's Deadpool fits the anti-hero mold, and Deadpool is ripe for great exposure, with the new Ryan Reynolds (already star of the Green Lantern film, making only him and Chris Evans [Human Torch and Captain America] to appear as two comic book characters in film) project creating hype.

I would have liked a young Peter Weller (RoboCop) to star as Deadpool, but Ryan Reynolds is very good.

Deadpool comics combine graphic art with accessible wit, so they don't feel as esoteric as Spawn (Image Comics) but they're certainly as shocking.

Let's see Deadpool team up with an X-Men (Marvel Comics) character such as Storm: "Hey, lady! The Ozone is Earth's bald-spot, and I don't wanna see my girlfriends with bald-spots, soooo...!"

If we're going to *splurge* with comic book art and comics-adapted high-profile Hollywood (USA) films, why not hype Deadpool as the ultimate 'guilty-pleasure ambassador'!?

Let's refrain, however from excess politics --- i.e., "I'd like to see an Asian-American or African-American Deadpool!" Being Asian-American myself and an avid comic book fan, I can vouch for now that Kato (DC's Green Hornet Asian sidekick) is adequately incendiary.

So I wanted to post a thread simply about the artsy fun involved with presentations of Deadpool's...guns.

That's all I wanted to say, so feel free to post any Deadpool gun/ammo pic/story you like.

Deadpool (Marvel.com)

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.