Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Daredevil going to Kickstarter?

Avatar image for parker_brothers
    Parker_Brothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys, this is Jonathan Parker from Parker Brothers Production.

We have a Batman Beyond live action movie coming to Kickstarter on June 1, 2013 to hopefully fund an entire feature film. Lately, we've been thinking, could we do a Daredevil short film/web series? We have always really loved the character and we think that there is a huge potential in a web series or short film. The only question is, has Daredevil's fan base diminished to the point of no return? Lets face it, he's not Marvel's most popular character to date, but we feel like a good story made into a live action movie is just what he needs to get him back to being a household name.

We are letting the fans decide on this one! What do you guys think? Is it a good idea? Do you think we can raise a few thousand to see a really cool Daredevil action thriller? Let us know!!!

Thanks,

Jonathan Parker

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By novi_homines

DO IT!!!! NOW!!! PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU!!!! THERE'S SO MUCH YOU CAN DO WITH DAREDEVIL IN HELL'S KITCHEN. DO IT!!!!

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By novi_homines

Also, you guys would be the first ones to do a Daredevil web series. Batman has been done to death by many. Green Arrow already has his own show. The last most popular street level hero that hasn't been done is Daredevil. And that alone would get you MASSIVE views. If you don't do it now, I know someone else will do it relatively soon. If they aren't working on one already.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I had a thread awhile back, where I suggested a DD Show. It makes sense though, its deffos easier to make a web series about a street level character (not much special effects). There's so many aspects of DD's life one can explore, vigilante who practices law, or if you want a more Bendis-esque approach, it could be fighting over power and Hell's Kitchen, or if you want a more classical approach, the origin story of DD was always interesting for me.

Love,

A Massive DD Fan.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I don't understand, how can you do this without Marvel?

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tacos_Kickass

I don't understand, how can you do this without Marvel?

Was thinking the something, aren't there little things like copyright laws and stuff?

Avatar image for parker_brothers
    Parker_Brothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tacos_kickass: Kickstarter is a non-profit organization that allows fans, like us, to create anything our hearts desire, as long as we have the capabilities to do so. Marvel and DC both have expressed their co-operation and interest with any "Fan-Films" that are created on a non-profit based intention. We have the full "green-light" to create this Daredevil web series :)

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Daredevil still has a pretty decent fan base. The current comic is going over really well with *most* people. As a huge DD fan i would absolutely love if this happened.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Can you give me a good spider-man movie first?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.