Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Bronze age readers advice needed

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By chem86

Growing up I read some comics in the early and mid 90's, over past year I have gotten back into comics. So most of my comic book knowledge is of the modern age comics. I have read some bronze age stuff, but never found something I really got hooked on.

Any, recently read I read Marvel Secret Wars #1. I LOVED it! I actually liked how corny it was(ex. they take time to announce the names of all the characters verbally, or verbally explain what is happening to them). For someone like me who doesn't know all the characters that well, it actually helped, but I enjoyed the how corny is was at the same time. I also really loved the team aspect of it, seeing lots of different heroes all together was really fun.

Could any Bronze age reader recommend me some stuff to read that might have the same corny elements as secret wars #1? I love team books, maybe some avengers or x-men. Any really good story arcs or series that stand out? any advice where to start would be great!

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Really, any advice would be great...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.