Follow

Marvel

Publisher »

Formerly known by names including "Atlas" and "Timely", Marvel Entertainment is the publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, the X-Men, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Daredevil. Currently owned by the Walt Disney Company, Marvel is one of the "Big Two" comic publishers along with DC Comics.

Anyone else totally love Avengers: Age of Ultron?

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By chem86

I hear so many people have different reasons for not liking AoU as much as the first Avengers, most of the complaints I can see where they are coming from, but personally this movie was AMAZING! I'm not saying it was a perfect movie at all, just that it's getting too much hate.

Age of Ultron felt to me like very much like watching a graphic novel play out in real life. I really feel this movie was made for the hardcore Avenger fan that has read all or a lot of the comics, this felt like a story being told right out of the avengers comics. The plot of lifting the city to cause extinction, really felt like something I'd read from a story arc in the comics. Several scenes looked like they were right off the page!

I'm a very big Vision fan, seeing him with the team finally was almost as exciting for me as when we got to see the avengers as a team for the first time in the original avengers movie. Marvel has done such a great job with adding new characters. While I'm very interested to see more of Vision, I'm also very excited to see more of the scarlet witch(a character I didn't love as much in the comics). They've manged to get me to really care about this new character, even though in the comics I never really connected with her.

The movie has great rewatch ability, I've seen it 5 times and I still totally want to see it more! Overall I feel this movie was a real love note to hardcore Avenger comic fans, and really will be most enjoyed by us nerdy nerds :) That being said, I still don't understand why exactly it's gotten to much negative comments, because all my friends (all non-nerds) said they liked this movie more than the first avengers.

I don't need anyone to tell me why they didn't like the movie, I've heard and read it all already, and I respect all those opinions. I'd just like to know other hardcore fans out there really really loved this movie too! :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.