Follow

Martian Manhunter

Character » Martian Manhunter appears in 3630 issues.

Sole survivor of the Martian people, J'onn J'onzz was teleported to Earth decades ago by Dr. Saul Erdel. Since then, he has adopted Earth as his new home, playing many roles over his time with humanity: detective, secret agent, explorer, and even a founding member of the Justice League.

Superboy beating MMH!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????!!

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Gizmorino
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

teen titans annual 001 superboy was whooping MMH's @$$ after getting all angry and powerful.

Is this PIS, or kon just got an upgrade?

Edit: Images fixed

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

WIS

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No Caption Provided

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm confused. Why is this a big deal? Is Superboy not more powerful than MMH?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

To be honest considering his TK related powers he stands better chances than Superman :P

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

That's dumb...

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh ffs why do they hate the manhunter?!

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if this is bad for MMH or if it's good for Superboy.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't MMH weakened in that issue?

There is no way that Superboy could defeat him.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually that was NOT a surprise attack at all,seeing as though it's obvious by the pic above kon was talking while was walking out of the other room.

Superboy is extremely powerful now,and can stand up to most,is only weakness is his own focus,which wasn't a factor here,cause he was focused on beating jonns ass.

BatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sutprised

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So now Superboy can beat the shit out of Superman?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
    deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have to read the whole thing to know the context, but yes, Kon has the potential to be extremely powerful. Jon Kent, who has the exact same powerset as Kon, is definitely more powerful than Supes and basically soloed DC earth.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Super family have always been propped up by writers when fighting superior heroes.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think DC hates MMH.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Awesome

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordinaryalan: MMH could destroy superman. So superboy beating him makes no sense. In reality MMH could just turn of his mind and win.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordinaryalan: MMH could destroy superman. So superboy beating him makes no sense. In reality MMH could just turn of his mind and win.

Hmm, isn't Superboy generally stronger than Superman seeing as how he has all of Superman's abilities plus TK and total immunity to magic or something?

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordinaryalan: His powers are all simulated with his TK. And the magic stuff dosent matter to MMH. He is an extremely powerful telepath and just as strong physically as the other heavy hitters. He also has shape shifting and a healing factor that allows him to revive from basically gloop.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

..........nope.

PanthersRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superboy shouldn't beat mmh but it's not that unrealistic I still think superman can beat MMH

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickras said:

I would have to read the whole thing to know the context, but yes, Kon has the potential to be extremely powerful. Jon Kent, who has the exact same powerset as Kon, is definitely more powerful than Supes and basically soloed DC earth.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

J'onn first soloed the team with utter ease

then the two scans up are the next pages

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
    deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gizmorino: Alright. MMH is stronger than Superman, but as I already said, Superboy is too if we go by his potential. The reason why he doesn't always live up to this is because his powers can fluctuate depending on his state of mind. A totally pissed off Kon should be able to hurt a surprised Manhunter.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And superboy has soloed the team before on his own also.

Jonn in the post flashpoint era has to morph his body to become as strong physically as he did in his normal form pre flashpoint.

Every power he has in common with any SUPER now is below there's by a noticeable margin.he has his extra powers that make him able to match up with them.

The SUPERs are pure raw power,Jonn is not,that is the difference between them.

Superbly does have the raw power to beat Jonn,BUT Jonn is a skilled warrior and has powers specifically able to make it hard for anybody to take him down.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickras said:

@gizmorino: Alright. MMH is stronger than Superman, but as I already said, Superboy is too if we go by his potential. The reason why he doesn't always live up to this is because his powers can fluctuate depending on his state of mind. A totally pissed off Kon should be able to hurt a surprised Manhunter.

And superboy has soloed the team before on his own also.

Jonn in the post flashpoint era has to morph his body to become as strong physically as he did in his normal form pre flashpoint.

Every power he has in common with any SUPER now is below there's by a noticeable margin.he has his extra powers that make him able to match up with them.

The SUPERs are pure raw power,Jonn is not,that is the difference between them.

Superbly does have the raw power to beat Jonn,BUT Jonn is a skilled warrior and has powers specifically able to make it hard for anybody to take him down.

J'onn beat Mon-El in justice league united, mon-el's punch left him on the floor but he got up tp k.o mon-el, raven and the rest could not do a thing to him due to his senses and powers, then super-brat came to punch him head on and he got his face pounded by him again? MMH was also kinda annoyed so that "surprise" punch to the jaw was just questionable. SO indirectly Kon can K.O MMH in just 3 punches?!?! come on think about it, J'onn soloed the titans with ease due to him not holding back or having time to "play" with them, but he got bitched by super-brat.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gizmorino: if mon-el pressed on he could have killed Jonn,but he didn't,and the Titans have cool powers,but not heavyweight A-list level power levels sorry.

And like i said superboy beat the team,and not by jumping them like Jonn did,but head on when they were ready for him.

I'm not even saying MH couldn't beat kon,kon is young and MH has had years with his powers and ways to use them in a fight,I'm just saying on pure power alone,kon could do it.

Oh and Zod beat MH down also,that's three kryptonian types beating him down,that's a consistent streak there.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Gizmorino
    @stephens2177 said:

@gizmorino: if mon-el pressed on he could have killed Jonn,but he didn't,and the Titans have cool powers,but not heavyweight A-list level power levels sorry.

And like i said superboy beat the team,and not by jumping them like Jonn did,but head on when they were ready for him.

I'm not even saying MH couldn't beat kon,kon is young and MH has had years with his powers and ways to use them in a fight,I'm just saying on pure power alone,kon could do it.

Oh and Zod beat MH down also,that's three kryptonian types beating him down,that's a consistent streak there.

If it's the early issues when kid flash was on the team and cassie was taking him head on, he didn't exactly beat them, and cassie gave him a tough fight.

Right now i'm waiting to see how he fairs against power girl(tanya) and cassie with the team manchester black gave them to bring him in.

Dont forget this is thwe same guy who has gone head on with the j.l, and the same guy who is comparable to superman physically, so kon beating him with 3 punches is just questionable

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gizmorino: actually kon left them all laying,so yeah he did exactly beat them.

Jonn is insanely powerful,and should beat a teen kon no matter how powerful he is,I'm just saying it takes a lot out of him to work on a SUPER level.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, just wow, J'onn the guy who can fight head to head with all 7 of the NEW 52 JL members is getting trounced by Superboy.

This seems highly PIS. Even if you say MMH is surprised and should he be? He came in looking for Kon its not like his guard was down, hell as he initiated the attack Kon should be the one surprised. J'onn should have taken 2 hits phased through the floor or phased his fist into Kon's chest.

I know people love Kon but he really should not even be considered to fight MMH especially when the green guy is taking the kiddy gloves off.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One pic of jonn not being crushed by the JL doesn't mean he can go toe to toe with them.superman could probably kill them all by himself,and wonder woman and flash could hold their own also with the whole team,at least for a short time.

Oh and BTW superboy isn't limited like he was in the past,I mean now they say over and over how he has godlike powers,or can be as powerful as he wants to be at any given time.he is imo DCs version of the Hulk,but instead of endless strength,it's endless TK power.

Kon walked into the room talking which should have given jonn plenty of time to be ready for him,unless jonn underestimated him,or kon was moving so fast not even jonn could react to it.

This kon picked up and threw Argo City,amongst other huge power showings,it's know ppl think jonn is unbeatable,but clearly he can be,and this isn't the only time he has been shown to be totally beatable in the post Flashpoint universe.i like jonn to,and think he is badass as well,but he is slightly different now so anything is possible.

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Xargo

One pic of jonn not being crushed by the JL doesn't mean he can go toe to toe with them.superman could probably kill them all by himself,and wonder woman and flash could hold their own also with the whole team,at least for a short time.

Oh and BTW superboy isn't limited like he was in the past,I mean now they say over and over how he has godlike powers,or can be as powerful as he wants to be at any given time.he is imo DCs version of the Hulk,but instead of endless strength,it's endless TK power.

Kon walked into the room talking which should have given jonn plenty of time to be ready for him,unless jonn underestimated him,or kon was moving so fast not even jonn could react to it.

This kon picked up and threw Argo City,amongst other huge power showings,it's know ppl think jonn is unbeatable,but clearly he can be,and this isn't the only time he has been shown to be totally beatable in the post Flashpoint universe.i like jonn to,and think he is badass as well,but he is slightly different now so anything is possible.

lets talk about that at what point did DC become stupid enough to just randomly give him telekinesis out of no where..of that right dumbass new 52 strikes again

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By stephens2177

@xargo: superboy always has had TK called tactile telekinesis,it's been at different levels of power and use,but he has always had it.he is at his most powerful in this version,even without any kryptonian powers,his TK is insanely powerful,it even gives him awesome perception abilites,practically nothing can be missed by him at all.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Dunno why this surprises anyone, the old Superboy could (inspite of not being 100% Kryptonian) to toe to toe with Superboy Prime.

Whats more surprising to me is J'onn's brute force approach to this and him seemingly getting blindsided... especially when Raven could dodge around Jon with zero effort.

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stephens2177: if its tactical TK then he shouldn't have the same degree over it as someone with standard yet strong psychokinesis like martians or manchester black.. and what the hell happened to his other kryptonian powers anyway ?

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Xargo

@outside_85: yea the new 52 seemingly made him easily angered, he way too batmany in these it kind of ruins his character too because he doesn't seem smart enough to be an over 300 year old martian

vascillator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also thought that MMH was, both power level and character, pretty OOC in this issue. Hes turning into the new Worf again, first against Zod now this...

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xargo: tactile telekinesis NOW means -perceiving and manipulating anything you come in contact with,with different levels of control and sensing things.he has everything a regular TK user has now,plus his TTK can scan and pick up anything and put that info right into kons mind.

He only has limited physical strength and healing without using his TTK,kinda where superman is now in his books.

Both Jonn and kon need to focus to use their powers at optimum levels,but when they do they are both top notch easy.

Jonn uses his shapeshifter to lift and punch in the new DCU,it's how he gets close to a SUPER level.the SUPER ppl in the new DCU are being shown as infinite in power,only held back by their own mental hang ups or just not knowing the full limit of their powers.

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stephens2177: speaking of which i wish they'e give j'onn more scans for his other powers

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xargo: where,in the TT annual? Thought he used pretty much all his powers,and looked pretty good up until a pseudo kryptonian showed up.

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stephens2177: sorry i meant feats as to how far they can go i don't know if superboy's TK has showed if full limit but j'onns hasn't

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonn has his pre Flashpoint powerset,but instead of being a equal to superman physically in his normal non morphed mode,he now has to shapes hit to get to that point.i haven't noticed anymore real differences in his powers or levels.

Superboy can pretty much do anything physical he used to do,but he has to focus to do it.his senses can read auras,energy wavelengths,heat,smell,sound,anything that creates a vibration of any kind,and when he touches something it gets even more precise,so he can scan then process a entire building or island from every angle in seconds and know every part of it all at the same time.his TK is easily as powerful as any other top tier TK user.he is the complete package,a perfect psionic superman,with real no upper limits to it,like superman himself.

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Xargo

@stephens2177: you wouldn't happen to know the limits of j'onns PK would you ?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.