Follow

Madelyne Pryor

Character » Madelyne Pryor appears in 1117 issues.

Madelyne Pryor is Cyclops's first wife, Cable's mother, and a clone of Jean Grey created by Mr. Sinister. After Cyclops abandoned her and her son, she was tricked and seduced by demons to harness great demonic power.

X-Men: Phoenix Force Handbook

rogue_kiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By rogue_kiss

Technically, this isn't a "spoiler", as it's simply Marvel canon...

It's official: Madelyne Pryor really WAS the Red Queen from the Sisterhood.

I'm a little bummed out, as I had been hoping the Red Queen was something Phoenix-related... Nevertheless, it is good to have the official word.

*off to read some more of the Handbook*

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @rogue_kiss: I knew it ^_^ and i'm so gonna pick it up tomorrow lol
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

Wasn't it just her body?  That her dead body was inhabited by the spirit of a malevolent alternate universe version of Maddie, just as they did to Psylocke's original dead body (Revanche) and were planning on doing to Jean too...?

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By kiss_lamia
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " Wasn't it just her body?  That her dead body was inhabited by the spirit of a malevolent alternate universe version of Maddie, just as they did to Psylocke's original dead body (Revanche) and were planning on doing to Jean too...? "
    No the Red queen was incoporeal so its was still her psioic ghost that was trying to get access to a body that could handle her power increase and the only two bodies that could handle it was her original clone body or Jean's, but because they swtiched the body she was either sent back to the astral realm or she's still trapped in the decoy body.
    Anodyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Anodyne
    @kiss_lamia said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    " Wasn't it just her body?  That her dead body was inhabited by the spirit of a malevolent alternate universe version of Maddie, just as they did to Psylocke's original dead body (Revanche) and were planning on doing to Jean too...? "
    No the Red queen was incoporeal so its was still her psioic ghost that was trying to get access to a body that could handle her power increase and the only two bodies that could handle it was her original clone body or Jean's, but because they swtiched the body she was either sent back to the astral realm or she's still trapped in the decoy body."

I prefer "sent back to the astral realm" because it means there's a chance she can make a comeback.   Nobody deserves to be trapped in a dead body.  And I want Maddie to show repentance for what she did as the Goblin Queen, and get redemption and a fresh start. 

BTW, Madelyne's original body was cremated in X-Factor (V. 1) #40; so it wasn't available to host her soul.
    kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By kiss_lamia
    @Anodyne said:

" @kiss_lamia said:

" @xerox-kitty said:
    No the Red queen was incoporeal so its was still her psioic ghost that was trying to get access to a body that could handle her power increase and the only two bodies that could handle it was her original clone body or Jean's, but because they swtiched the body she was either sent back to the astral realm or she's still trapped in the decoy body."
    I prefer "sent back to the astral realm" because it means there's a chance she can make a comeback.   Nobody deserves to be trapped in a dead body.  And I want Maddie to show repentance for what she did as the Goblin Queen, and get redemption and a fresh start.  BTW, Madelyne's original body was cremated in X-Factor (V. 1) #40; so it wasn't available to host her soul. "
    I know but this arc totally messed up her character, i mean continuity wise she was on good terms with cable and cyke, and then suddenly she's evil again, im hoping a better writer who actually has a clue comes along and finds away to fix it lol oh don't worry even in a dead body there are ways to come back its just you have to know how, seriously they need to hire me i have plenty of ways lol
    anjuwayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What did they do with her ashes...? Maybe she could use it to reanimate her original body with her powers and magic... She IS that awesome...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.