Follow

M

Character » M appears in 1720 issues.

Monet St. Croix, also known as 'M', was originally a founding member of Generation X, later envolved with various X-Men related teams. Recently, she rejoined the newly reformed X-Corp (X-Corporation) in a main role.

Just how smart is she?

thewidowsbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By thewidowsbite

I know only a little bit about M and know that she has a wide array of powers. I read in a lot of places that her intelligence is beyond genius level possibly due to her powers. If that's the case, how smart is she? Is she smarter than other Marvel geniuses like Professor X, Iron Man, or Mister Fantastic? If not then why?
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By jrock85
    @thewidowsbite
    Actually, she has genius level intellect which means that she has a high capacity for acquiring knowledge. In terms of knowledge, she isn't smarter than those characters you mentioned.
    Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Iron_Lad

She has the potential to be one of Marvel's top geniuses if she really pushed herself in that direction I really believe that, but she doesn't. I think her genius stems from her mutant powers of deduction. She is highly intuitive, which makes her a great asset for X-Factor investigations. I have seen her perform Forge-level feats in the past. In one instance, she took some random techno-organic material, analyzed it and created a machine out of it which allowed her and her teammates to escape.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @Iron_Lad said:
    She has the potential to be one of Marvel's top geniuses if she really pushed herself in that direction I really believe that, but she doesn't. I think her genius stems from her mutant powers of deduction. She is highly intuitive, which makes her a great asset for X-Factor investigations. I have seen her perform Forge-level feats in the past. In one instance, she took some random techno-organic material, analyzed it and created a machine out of it which allowed her and her teammates to escape.
    I think this best sums it up. Though the Monet that used the techno-organic material to escape was Monet's sisters merged together to pretend to be her.
    Chesapeake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Chesapeake

Monet has a really bad temper. She is very emotional. I have not seen her being really smart. She has  great telepathic abilities but that does not mean she is really smart. However she has great potential but she focus more on her strength. I did not read her on Gen X so I am not sure what she did overthere.

thewidowsbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By thewidowsbite
    @Iron_Lad said:

This makes a lot of sense to me. Thanks, I think I get the picture now.
    Avatar image for thestepfordcuckoos
    thestepfordcuckoos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Iron_Lad said:
    Also to add Monet was had a genius intelligent even before her mutation manifested and her . She has perfect memory and superhuman intuitive skills, enhanced to it's higher levels.
    difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By difficlus
    @thestepfordcuckoos said:
    @Iron_Lad said:
    Also to add Monet was had a genius intelligent even before her mutation manifested and her . She has perfect memory and superhuman intuitive skills, enhanced to it's higher levels.
    well said  

The thing about an IQ test is one of the criteria's is how fast one can deduce something and reason/think over a situation. The reason character like Superman and Reed are said be be above genius is because in that aspect they think/eason soo fast (Superman in nanoseconds) that their brains are simply functioning on another level than what human can grasp. Thus you can't truly measure the IQ of people like this.  
    Just a point to why she may be stated to be above-genius. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

I remember reading a quote from Generation X that stated that she was 'smart enough to proofread one of the Professor's doctoral theses', but as to what that actually means I'm not sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

@Iron_Lad said:
    Do you have a source for that?

@difficlus said:

@Iron_Lad said:
    well said  The thing about an IQ test is one of the criteria's is how fast one can deduce something and reason/think over a situation. The reason character like Superman and Reed are said be be above genius is because in that aspect they think/eason soo fast (Superman in nanoseconds) that their brains are simply functioning on another level than what human can grasp. Thus you can't truly measure the IQ of people like this.  Just a point to why she may be stated to be above-genius. 
    The operation definition of intelligence (at least when it comes to the field of psychology) is how quickly one can process new information. The rate at which one thinks is, really, little to no indication of how smart they are- people with ADHD think exponentially faster than the average person.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.