Follow

Luke Skywalker

Character » Luke Skywalker appears in 1284 issues.

The son of Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker set out to save Princess Leia from the Empire and became a hero of the Rebel Alliance. Luke began training to become a Jedi under the tuition of both Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda, and after discovering his heritage and redeeming his father, he became the leader of the New Jedi Order and brought the Jedi back into the Galaxy, arguably making him the greatest and most powerful Jedi of all time. Before training Rey, his Jedi apprentices were Ben Solo, Hennix, Tai and Voe.

Off My Mind: Possible Directions for the Next 'Star Wars' Trilogy

• 178 results
    Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Hit_Monkey

No love for Zayne Carrick?

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

I just hope they leave out the Death of Chewbacca....

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 107

#53  Edited By StMichalofWilson

I'm really interested in who's going write the story, who's going to direct it, and who's going to star in it.

My options: Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are one of my options for writing a script, but I also would like Lawerence Kasdan to come back. He helped write the Empire Strikes Back. Or David S. Goyer!

For dircetor, there's Josh Whedon, Stephen Spilberg, Peter Jackson(maybe) James Cameron, or Bryan Singer.

As for the stars, eh, whichever director works on it can decide.

mcduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By mcduck

I remember when the timothy zahn trilogy came out. It had been so long since jedi. Then action figures came back and comics and it was awesome. There were whispers of new movies but we had no idea what they'd be. I've enjoyed alot of the expanded universe but much like you can't directly translate an avengers story or a batman story to the screen trying to grab hold of one story line from the eu would be close to impossible. I think the movies should be original stories with beats and inspiration from the expanded universe and cameos from the original cast but with new characters.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By reignmaker

@dondasch said:

Oh, and for those still interested in criticizing George Lucas, you can stop now. The man is giving 4 billion dollars to education.

Might be a nice guy, but he's still the most overrated filmmaker. Ever.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By reignmaker

@chocobojam said:

i would prefer to see a new star wars trilogy that is not based on any novels, comics or video games. meaning, a very brand new star wars story wise and character wise..

This is probably the route they'll go. I doubt Disney is interested in enlarging the pool of people it has to give royalties to (ex: Timothy Zahn, Dark Horse comic creators, etc.)

Fans of this excess literature will no doubt be annoyed, but that's what happens when you choose to read something that's based on a movie. The movie acts as cannon, not the offshoot literature. That's got to be a depressing thought when one considers how bad the prequel trilogy was.

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By KRYPTON

I knew this was going to be a 'off my mind' topic.

Really looking forward to the new trilogy.

Avatar image for kapitein_zeppos
    kapitein_zeppos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By kapitein_zeppos

Disney probably got most of George Lucas' notebooks, scripts and the hat he uses to draw plot lines from. They will probably set loose some hired gun script doctors, hire a few writers and start cranking out films based on the Lucas' notes. I doubt that Disney will bother with the EU much, why go for glorified fan fiction over the master himself ?

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By MrMazz

The only two moves that make sense are either go the KOTOR route and introduce everyone to the awesomeness that is Revan. Or Do Star Wars LEgacy and show off Cade.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By fodigg

I hope they burn everything away except for the films and start over. It's the perfect time to do so.

BigTPotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By BigTPotts

I personally never liked the original saga (sue me i'm 14) so I hope Luke isn't seen and the film is set years/decades/centuries before 1 2 and 3 so the Jedi order can be explored a bit.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By Decept-O

Not reading the entirety of this article simply because I know there are a lot of things revealed, even if it is just speculation. The challenge I think for the next Star Wars film will be to produce one that doesn't stick entirely to any of the subsequent novels or comic books. Why? In my opinion, because so many ( damn) Star Wars fanboys will spew out all the details and make it impossible to enjoy a new Star Wars film.

It will be a challenge to avoid any and all speculation and avoid any plot spoilers, given the internet and those fans whose purpose it is to reveal all. Same goes for comic book movies as well.

My griping aside, I am interested to see a new Star Wars movie. Not overtly excited but am curious how well it will be treated. No Ewoks, no Jar Jar, and no other substitute "cute" characters and all should be cool.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should like to see it sometime during Ben Skywalker's life. I would just like to see him question the Jedi council, convert beaten Sith and eventually bring balance to the trilogies as I would. The novels are merely suggestions.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SuperJedi17

@HexThis:

Or maybe an unknown Jedi ancestor of the Skywalker Family,maybe that would be cool.But I'd still prefer old Luke Skywalker.

Spideycap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Spideycap

As much as I love the comics, I hope they do an all new storyline for the new films and think that they will. At the same time, though, I hope that the new movie story fits in without bumping any of the books or comics out of continuity. That could be hard to pull off though, and in my mind movies take precedence so we will just have to see. Either way, anyone who considers themselves a Star Wars fan and is not excited about an episode 7 should just stop pretending to be a real fan of Star Wars. Star Wars is more than the original trilogy whether you like it or not.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By kid Apollo

i'd like to see an older Luke, Han, Leia, Lando and Chewy finish off the Empire, maybe the rise of some new Sith, and the introduction of their kids. Everything is cyclical, the prequels lead to the birth of the Empire and Luke and Leia, it only makes sens that the sequels should revolve around the final destruction of the empire and the birth of the next generation

wasnt Qunilan Vos is the comics then added into Revenge of the Sith as an easter egg?

Zulon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Zulon

Pre-Sith-Imperial War, I'd like to see see something involving Nat and Kol Skywalker, and possibly Ben.

daikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#68  Edited By daikari

I didn't believe it at first once it sunk in I started hoping that they didn't screw this up. I always wanted them to expand the universe. It didn't have to be a new trilogy, atleast an animated series outside of the two trilogies would have been good enough for me. I mean the star wars franchise is popular enough that they should have already ventured out of their comfort zone... the newest clone wars series all they did was poke their head out but adding Ahsoka Tano.

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By DarthShap

@Spideycap said:

As much as I love the comics, I hope they do an all new storyline for the new films and think that they will. At the same time, though, I hope that the new movie story fits in without bumping any of the books or comics out of continuity. That could be hard to pull off though, and in my mind movies take precedence so we will just have to see. Either way, anyone who considers themselves a Star Wars fan and is not excited about an episode 7 should just stop pretending to be a real fan of Star Wars. Star Wars is more than the original trilogy whether you like it or not.

Why the need to attack other fans?

I consider myself a fan. I have seen the movies hundreds of times, I have read hundreds of comics and novels, played dozens of games etc... and that is precisely WHY I am not particularly excited.

-First, a seventh "Episode" is detrimental to the story because the story told in the movies is already over. Lucas wrote and directed the prequels and made changes to the originals with a six part story about Anakin Skywalker in mind.

-Secondly, the EU gets an enormous reboot. We know that they are not going to respect the post-ROTJ EU and with TCW, we know how this things turn out. Slowly but surely, all of that will be gone.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#70  Edited By Trodorne

CHEWBACCA BEING CRUSHED BY A MOON HAS TO BE PUT ONTO FILM!!!!

DarthLydia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#71  Edited By DarthLydia

Just MHO but I think 7,8,9 will be shortly after the fall of Palpatine. I think that's the story that *needs* to be told. After that, I agree that I'd LOVE to see a Legacy film. Seeing my personal idol, Darth Talon, on the big screen would be... dare i say... orgasmic

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By wowlock

As long as they can bring the same quality of Blur Trailers for SWTOR ( you know which ones I am talking about ) I don't mind the time-frame, although I am a supporter of Old Republic era as well.

As for the ''after the Luke's era'' theory, I might be okay with the time period between Luke and Cade...possibly something to do with Allana Solo and her visioned future.

Either way... I hope they are serious about this and not just shelling out the movies as '' hey we got the license ! Lets rush the product to celebrate ! ''...because I cannot handle a Second ''Jar Jar-calypse''....

hortrorog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By hortrorog

@TheJokerha said:

I was sort of conflicted when I heard the news. I'm glad the franchise will continue and that it has been taken out of Lucus control. I hate what was done to Darth Vader in the prequels. I'd love to see him up on the big screen returned to his powerful, bad ass self. Something to erase the "Nooooo!" of Episode three. But I can't think of any way to continue his story with out looking really stupid and contrived. I know it is time to move on and there are other stories to tell and characters to create. Luke and the others are still alive and that would be the logical step in bridging the Original trilogy to the upcoming productions.

But I still his Vader could get at least one last film so he could regain what was lost.

I think it was one of the best moments of the whole Star Wars. He lost nothing...

Well he actually lost everything, now that could be a pretty sad moment in someone's life.

because he had emotions like that, he is still "bad ass"....

hortrorog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By hortrorog

@zackattack529 said:

@thenexusrebound said:

The one thing I want is a WHOLE new direction. The prequels main focus went over Anakin's transition to the dark side while sub plots went over the galaxy's downfall. The Original trilogy went over Luke being the chosen one and having to face destiny and sub plots having the galaxy rebel against the darkness to make things good again.

Anakin is the chosen one. Not Luke...

bamfamf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By bamfamf

I thought it was gonna focus on Boba fet, maybe between episodes 3-4.

Spideycap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Spideycap

@DarthShap: Not an attack, just an opinion.

brightstarr731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By brightstarr731

I think a lot of you folks have missed that it has already been reported that Disney is going with a totally new story, ignoring the EU one hundred percent.

hortrorog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By hortrorog

People seems to forget the original trio are a little old (and some of them a little fat) to play that characters. No offense.

I would like a movie about the YV-war, with the skywalker kids, and this way Mark and the othrs could have some smaller role that fits them. That would be fun.

Legacy and Cade would be far more fun for sure, but i dont want them to change a little bit of that story, but hell they would for sure :/

Old Republic area... meh... they were good games (but not TOR lol) and comics, but thats it. A movie would be pretty boring.

hortrorog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By hortrorog

@bamfamf:

That was the plan for the series.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By feebadger

I wonder if they'e going to take the Star Trek rebot angle and do everything new , but just say that it exists in an alternative timeline. You know, because that' makes everything alright and won't piss off any Star Wars fans at all 0___0

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By bloggerboy

I'd love to see the Thrawn trilogy even if it meant recasting the characters.

A Jedi Knight trilogy would be good, the timeline would fit the Episode 7-9 approach. Kyle Katarn would be an interesting protagonist.

Or go by the Tales of the Jedi route. Have a story involving Naga Sadow, Exar Kun, the Mandalorian Wars etc.

Star Wars: KOTOR would be cool too. The plot twist of that game would make any movie feel memorable.

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#82  Edited By TheMess1428

The whole series wasn't about Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. It was about the Skywalker family and his entire line. And hopefully the next trilogy will continue that and show Anakin's grandchildren.

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By DarthShap

@TheMess1428 said:

The whole series wasn't about Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. It was about the Skywalker family and his entire line. And hopefully the next trilogy will continue that and show Anakin's grandchildren.

You have not been paying attention to what Lucas has been saying for the past fifteen years then. Did you watch "the chosen one" documentary or listen to pretty much any interview where Episode VII was mentioned? Did you not notice the modifications to the original movies (the longer dialogue between Vader and the Emperor in ESB, the "Noooooo" and Hayden Christensen in ROTJ).

I am pretty sure Lucas is hoping that the fans will distinguish the story he was trying to tell from the new one Disney will start.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Fetts

As long as Boba Fett is in it and is properly portrayed, I'll be happy :)

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
    YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Would the comic books really be effected? LucasFilms is just that, films.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86  Edited By HexThis

@SuperJedi17 said:

@HexThis:

Or maybe an unknown Jedi ancestor of the Skywalker Family,maybe that would be cool.But I'd still prefer old Luke Skywalker.

Same.

I think Bastilla would be an interesting Jedi to follow actually, she's somewhat of a Luke-Leia hybrid in her personality. Righteous and innocent but outspoken and bossy! I just remember playing KOTOR 2 and there's a scene where Kreia kills a bunch of Jedi before the "Exile" and it was so goddamn well-written I kept thinking to myself "How is it that someone who got paid a fraction of what some of these 'screenwriters' make was able to come up with a better product than most movies?"

Bad writing is just inexcusable to me. Lucas has all the money in the world, he could've taken some hungry, brilliant writer out of obscurity and made it happen. He is his own enterprise so he has no studio to blame....just enablers, yes-men, and sycophants.

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By DarthShap

@Fetts said:

I doubt he will be alive in the new movies. Us comic book fans are basically OK with characters coming back from the dead (though even I do think that what TCW did to Darth Maul was idiotic) but to most casual viewers, it would seem completely ridiculous.

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By SuperJedi17

@HexThis said:

@SuperJedi17 said:

@HexThis:

Same.

I think Bastilla would be an interesting Jedi to follow actually, she's somewhat of a Luke-Leia hybrid in her personality. Righteous and innocent but outspoken and bossy! I just remember playing KOTOR 2 and there's a scene where Kreia kills a bunch of Jedi before the "Exile" and it was so goddamn well-written I kept thinking to myself "How is it that someone who got paid a fraction of what some of these 'screenwriters' make was able to come up with a better product than most movies?"

Bad writing is just inexcusable to me. Lucas has all the money in the world, he could've taken some hungry, brilliant writer out of obscurity and made it happen. He is his own enterprise so he has no studio to blame....just enablers, yes-men, and sycophants.

Personaly i find Bastilla to be a very lame character.She has no loyalty whatsoever,If you play KOTOR As an evil character,she'll just join up with you becuase you're more powerful than Malek.She has such a ridiculous personality,always getting angry at any little thing(like a joke,true story)which makes me want to kick my self for not seeing her descent into the dark side sooner.She's just flat out lame in my opinion.

namtabmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By namtabmi

i want to see a trilogy set between 3 and 4. Just Vader owning rebels or remaining jedi for 3 movies - EPIC!

DeawonCDelaney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By DeawonCDelaney

As great we want the new episodes to be we all fear that it will be as bad as The Spirit. I trully believe these movies will be done the way of Harry Potter (Thumps Up), and Twilight (Middle Finger). The real winner is the little girls who will flock to the movie when they find out one of the Skywalkers will be played by JUSTIN BEIBER..............may the force.....I mean the fever be with you

DarthLydia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By DarthLydia

Beiber is not a bad actor... he only gets hate because girls love him so much.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Skaddix

Its not going to be KOTOR. I say Legacy would be awesome but it might work better for 10-12 unless they want a clean break. Plus it will let them still use Luke and they might even get away replacing any time Jade shows up with Leia.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Fetts
    @DarthShap said:

@Fetts said:

I doubt he will be alive in the new movies. Us comic book fans are basically OK with characters coming back from the dead (though even I do think that what TCW did to Darth Maul was idiotic) but to most casual viewers, it would seem completely ridiculous.

Ah but in the EU Boba Fett never died. And it seems that they're going to base the next trilogy off the EU so it's definitely possible for Boba to be in the next movies :).  
    sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By sunhawk
    THIS!
    THIS!
    DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By DarthShap

@Fetts said:

@DarthShap said:

@Fetts said:

Ah but in the EU Boba Fett never died. And it seems that they're going to base the next trilogy off the EU so it's definitely possible for Boba to be in the next movies :).

I know that he is alive in the EU. But where did you get that Disney is going to use the EU for its movies? On the contrary, it would appear that it is going to be 100% original, which means a total reboot of the post-ROTJ EU, including the return of Boba Fett.

Beomoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Beomoose

I really like the "Legacy" Books but the visual design of Cade Skywalker is TERRIBLE. He looks like he was crapped out by some marketing team. Luke Skywalker was a dork, it's part of the reason we like him.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Fetts
    @DarthShap said:

@Fetts said:

@DarthShap said:

@Fetts said:

I know that he is alive in the EU. But where did you get that Disney is going to use the EU for its movies? On the contrary, it would appear that it is going to be 100% original, which means a total reboot of the post-ROTJ EU, including the return of Boba Fett.

Well I heard there was talk of using stories from the novels (which would include the EU) such as the Thrawn Trilogy. But I was not aware it was going to a reboot. I sincerely hope they make Boba Fett look better this time :) 
    TheCommissar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By TheCommissar

I'm hoping the new movies will be based on the Yuuzhan Vong War, one part because I'm sick of the Sith returning every two years, the other part being that the Yuuzhan Vong would look amazing in full cinematic glory.

DarthLydia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By DarthLydia

*ahem* for the record, 7, 8, 9 are going to be based on the "treatments" written by George Lucas which he himself stated have no connection to the existing EU. Therefore, they are going to be original stories not seen before. However... after 7,8,9 they are free, have been given a green light, to make use of any and all materials from the EU.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#100  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Please be Old Republic please be Old Republic..........

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.