Follow

Lois Lane

Character » Lois Lane appears in 6411 issues.

Lois Lane is a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist for the Daily Planet of Metropolis. She was the first reporter to interview Superman after he first appeared in Metropolis. Superman later revealed his secret identity to her; the two married and have a son, Jon Kent.

Why Does Superman Love Lois?

BecauseISaidSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This has been bugging me for a while and I just have to know why Superman loves Lois. I have never liked the pairing in the first place. What is so enchanting about saving a woman who needs to be saved over and over again because she knew the risk. I mean what if she went into a place where she knew she would die and Superman could never save her. One of these days she will get herself killed thinking Superman will always be there to save her. So I want to know your opinion why Superman loves Lois Lane.

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
    BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Lois brave, bold and most importantly with a good heart. Superman loves her for it.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Love just happens. Doesn't always make sense and isn't always based on what's functional, practical or easy. Having to save her maybe isn't enchanting, but she might just be enchanting enough in other ways that saving her is something that he wants to do.

strejda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By strejda

@v_scarlotte_rose: Yeah. No it doesn't. Love doesn't just happen, it slowly comes into being, develops, grows.

@becauseisaidso: The reason are that despite being only human, she is incredibly brave and moral person. She was also the one of the first people, besides his parents, that accepted and understood him. One writer suggested that it's also because she is better reporter than him, which makes sense but I don't think it was ever brought up in the comics. Also, she's hot.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@strejda: That's what I meant. I didn't mean it happens suddenly or instantly. Just that it happens without necessarily being what's convenient.

Edit: Actually, it probably does "just happen" sometimes. Love happens a lot, and each time will be different.

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@becauseisaidso: He worked with her and she was pretty attractive to him. Plus, that was part of post-crisis, pre-flashpoint continuity. She also was willing to do something that was dangerous. It was good for an era.

Lois Lane was also originally an allegory for how Jerry Siegel had to get rich off Superman comics business to impress a woman to marry him. To me, the whole love triangle was interesting, for some odd reason, and also funny pre-crisis.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By primebonnick

Bump all according to Plot my friend all according to plot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.