Follow

Lois Lane

Character » Lois Lane appears in 6410 issues.

Lois Lane is a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist for the Daily Planet of Metropolis. She was the first reporter to interview Superman after he first appeared in Metropolis. Superman later revealed his secret identity to her; the two married and have a son, Jon Kent.

How has lois lane got powers ?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I was I'm the Superman gallery and Lois Lane had powers and knew Clark was Superman. What the frak happend ?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Squalleon

I don't know exactly it happened in a Lobdell book so i don't really care.
    But from the comments i read here and there, it is because of Brainiac, he gave powers to various people :-P

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: It too early to have The whole Lois Lane knows he is superman and or a romantic interest in her

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@squalleon: It too early to have The whole Lois Lane knows he is superman and or a romantic interest in her

Don't worry i am sure she will forget it as soon as she loses her powers. Plus with so many people liking Pak's run Dc will change the direction of the Superman line ;-)

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I think Lois should not be a romantic releaonship with Superman. She should be flirtatious with him sure similar to how batman and catwoman inter act but Lois would be more sassy.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Onemoreposter

@z3ro180: Could be from Earth 2. E2 Lois is Red Tornado and was married to Clark.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By z3ro180
    Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@squalleon: I think Lois should not be a romantic releaonship with Superman. She should be flirtatious with him sure similar to how batman and catwoman inter act but Lois would be more sassy.

0_0 Sorry but that sounds so wrong.
    Have you seen how Catwoman interacts with Batman, Lois is a bit more classy than that.
    Anyway Lobdell is still Sh!tting everything we love about Superman in his book in a monthly basis so i don't really care about any decision he makes.
    As far as i care Lois doesn't have powers and is a prisoner of the Ascension.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: No not like not that way. More along the lines of her golden age counterpart. The sassy wise cracking reporter.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Squalleon

@z3ro180 said:

@squalleon: No not like not that way. More along the lines of her golden age counterpart. The sassy wise cracking reporter.

She was never disrespectful but she wasn't covering her feelings towards others so i don't know if sassy (English isn't my first language so i don't know if sassy has another meaning) is the best way to describe her.More like honest with nerve and guts :-P Like when he couldn't stand Clark being such a coward against a mugger.

Superwondy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@z3ro180: Early?I don't think so.Besides, judging by the description of SUPERMAN: LOIS LANE #1 Parasite took only the ability, but not the memory.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superwondy: Mate Lobdells bringing everything boring about lois back.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

So I was I'm the Superman gallery and Lois Lane had powers and knew Clark was Superman. What the frak happend ?

It is a long story that has some ties with the Grant Morrison's run on AC. Thousands of years ago the Moltitude (those golden angels) have destroyed the Braniac's home planet but before they could do that,Braniac has uploaded the minds of millions of his poeple, and after that event he has started to collect the cities of other planets that were threatened by the Moltitude,just like the earth. However when he captured Metropolis he has made a test: he has infected 20 people with psy powers to see if the human mind can be used in order to be overwritten with the minds of his people, but these experiment was unsuccessful since a human being will die after some time thanks to this improvement. One of these 20 guys with psy powers was the senator Hume (the one who tryed to take control of the superman fortress in Supes # 21) and he has passed his abilities to Lois Lane just a moment before his death so she could use those powers to discover the truth behind Branicac and allert the world about his inevitable return.

Now Lois has discovered the true identity of Clark and she even wants to publish this incredible news but in the meantime the parasite has sensed her incredible power and is going to dry her...and i think she will probably loose those powers together with her recent memories but she will be saved during the process. (then after all this stuff Supes will face Starfire and then we will f-i-n-a-l-l-y have the return of both Braniac and Helspont and ,i suppose, they will have to fight each other for their supremacy upon this planet...and Supes will be caught in the middle)

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wolfrazer

...../Sigh...can we just have NORMAL characters for once without giving them super powers, or giving them gadgets or w/e?....I don't see the need to Lois having superpowers....what is wrong with Lois just being herself?..<<

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

glad i dropped superman...

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: you are right but it isn't really a big problem: she has had those powers for just 2 issues and she is gonna loose them in the next one.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wolfrazer

@toptom: Still doesn't matter how long, it's the fact she does in the first place.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: there is nothing wrong for her to just being herself as there is nothing wrong for her to have powers for such a short time. This things happens all the time in comics to a lot of characters: now Supergirl will be a red lantern for few issues and Lois has had some psy powers for 3 issues, their characters won't be ruined by that in the slighest, there won't be any ripercussions. Now i don't like the idea of a lois who can read the minds of half Metropolis, but i won't be bothered by that if she will have some extra abilities for just 40 pages.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toptom: Thanks for the info mate. I just think too much is being added in. It seems lobdell is adding stuff in to appease the moaning fans and in doing so is just making his story's boring. Witch is a shame because I really enjoyed H'El on earth and to a far far lesser degree Krypton returns.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: if you are talking about lois having some psy powers Lobdell pretty much had to give her those abilities since Superman couldn't do much against even one the telepaths he was fighting at that time...but lets say i can understand your complaint. Still i hope that with the new story arc we'll have the best run on the Superman title so far and luckily Superman n. 26 was pretty decent imo.

Avatar image for beautifultemptress
    BeautifulTemptress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@z3ro180: Early?I don't think so.Besides, judging by the description of SUPERMAN: LOIS LANE #1 Parasite took only the ability, but not the memory.

Actually, Lois no lost the psi abilities. I think that the memories about the Clark's secret she is not lost.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lois gets power so she isn't a bore to read and plot devicey.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fortunately for her, she isn't a bore to read without powers.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jimishim12
    reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By reactor

@arturocalakayvee said:

@jimishim12 said:

Under almost every circumstance, she actually is, imo (in general, powers or no). Not that there haven't been some interesting stuff with her before, but let's face it; nobody goes to comics to read about Lois Lane.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@jimishim12 said:

Under almost every circumstance, she actually is, imo (in general, powers or no). Not that there haven't been some interesting stuff with her before, but let's face it; nobody goes to comics to read about Lois Lane.

Not true. There are tons of people who read comics for Lois Lane. That's why DC released her one shot recently, to test the waters for a Lois ongoing.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@jimishim12 said:

Not true. There are tons of people who read comics for Lois Lane. That's why DC released her one shot recently, to test the waters for a Lois ongoing.

I'm not going to claim that true or false, but I think it's a fair assessment to say that's pretty damn arguable. A ton DC characters have gotten one shots, and almost none of them are heard from again.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor: Right you are on that but Marguerite .... what's her name? Whoever wrote the one-shot has outright said if the issue does well (aka up to DC's standards) an on-going will be produced. Which is kinda cool.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor: Right you are on that but Marguerite .... what's her name? Whoever wrote the one-shot has outright said if the issue does well (aka up to DC's standards) an on-going will be produced. Which is kinda cool.

I'll be damned... I just google'd it o_o

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor: I have been away for a while. Has Lois still got powers ?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

I'll be damned... I just google'd it o_o

SEEEEEEEE? :P

@z3ro180 said:

@reactor: I have been away for a while. Has Lois still got powers ?

Yeah, she'll have powers during Superman: DOOMED also, I believe. And welcome back!

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: I've been on the site I just haven't been anywhere near any superman related threads also Lois with powers is still dumb.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.