Follow

Lobo

Character » Lobo appears in 1130 issues.

The last of the Czarnians, Lobo is known and feared across the universe as a bounty hunter who never misses his mark. Super-strong, immortal and unstoppable, the Main Man has frequently clashed with Superman, although they have on occasion found themselves on the same side.

you dont suppose the old lobo will win?

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For those who haven't read lobo the new lobo is literally going after the old lobo so let's not jump conclusion because who knows Chances are the new lobo is going to get his ass handed to him probably literally so let's just wait and see. If they don't oh god This is going to get messy

So who agrees with me is there a chance old lobo will come out victorious?

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I ******* hope so. This new Elvis wannabe Lobo is terrible.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By dernman

No the old one at best will just be able to get away.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mightypug78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mightypug78

I think that they are probably both lobo. lobo's line of work is pretty nasty so so i wouldn't be surprised if some big chunk of him have gotten blown off of him and was big enough to become another lobo, he does have a impressive regeneration ability. If this is the case, the only question is, which lobo is the original? Who is the MAIN main man?

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what is needed? A third Lobo. We already have a biker and a greaser, so what tough guy archetype can we use that still rides motorcycles?

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the old Lobo wins or at the vary least I hope he survives.

I don't like emo space Elvis

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think that they are probably both lobo. lobo's line of work is pretty nasty so so i wouldn't be surprised if some big chunk of him have gotten blown off of him and was big enough to become another lobo, he does have a impressive regeneration ability. If this is the case, the only question is, which lobo is the original? Who is the MAIN main man?

That's a really interesting theory that actually makes sense. Which is why, unfortunately, DC won't think of it :\

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kiltro95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I honestly think this new Lobo is pretending and trying to cover his tracks, and yeah I do hope old Lobo wins and the new one turns out to be a clone and if DC wants to keep this new "Lobo" and the old Lobo this new one can become Slobo.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_stegman  Moderator

I think the "new" Lobo will be the clone.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

It will turn out THIS has been the "real" Lobo all along.

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MatteoPG

You know what is needed? A third Lobo. We already have a biker and a greaser, so what tough guy archetype can we use that still rides motorcycles?

Love it! It could be a rogue sheriff, a speed-freak or a smuggler.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tifalockhart:

HOLY SH*T WHAT IS THAT? I don't know if I should

A.barf

B.stare

or

C.save

DoomGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DoomGuy

@tifalockhart:

HOLY SH*T WHAT IS THAT? I don't know if I should

A.barf

B.stare

or

C.save

Lobo was resurrected as a woman.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_stegman  Moderator

See. I don't mind the new LOOK of Lobo..his personality is just so...boring. The old one was wild and crazy and badass, a parody of all those tough anti heroes like Wolverine or Punisher...this one, there's no parody left, they made him a straight up Wolverine clone.

"Get outta my way kid, I'll kill ya if I have to..but maybe not, cause I got a code of honor...sometimes, sorry, not sorry."

Ugh.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alan Grant needs to bring Lobo back to his roots with my help.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Please let Justin Bieber Lobo die already. PLEASE.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kidchipotle

@the_stegman: For the first issue or two he was in, he spoke like old Lobo and it just felt really unnatural. Then in this most recent issue of Supergirl, his way of speaking totally changed from Lobo speak to totally proper generic speech. He's just another mercenary now that's too serious. But serious fits the dark and gritty tone that DC likes where as Lobo was a light of sorts.

million_suns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By million_suns

I genuinely feel that the old Lobo won't win. Which I utterly detest. I would've been okay with a new Lobo as part of the new 52. I wouldn't have liked the new one as much as the old one. However, to be told that the Lobo I grew up enjoying isn't the real one, and that this generic, lame Blue Jackman dude is? That's unacceptable.

Personally, I think DC should have the Lobo from the Reign In Hell mini (bigger guy, tattooed arm) show up, and wipe out every current Nu52 version of Lobo. The Deathstroke version, the Stormwatch version, and Blue Jackman. And have the real, real Lobo, having not long gotten back from his contract to Neron/Sattanus in Hell, start breaking the fourth wall, wondering just what the heck has happened since he's been gone. Go a little Deadpool with it as a tongue in cheek critique on genuine fan complaints about the Nu52. Also maybe have Lobo show up in Larfleeze's comic. That could be gold.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See. I don't mind the new LOOK of Lobo..his personality is just so...boring. The old one was wild and crazy and badass, a parody of all those tough anti heroes like Wolverine or Punisher...this one, there's no parody left, they made him a straight up Wolverine clone.

"Get outta my way kid, I'll kill ya if I have to..but maybe not, cause I got a code of honor...sometimes, sorry, not sorry."

Ugh.

Tell me I'm not the only one who cringes inside everytime he says or thinks 'Sorry, not sorry.'

million_suns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate the look. I hate the forced attempt at coining a catchphrase. I hate the new Lobo. The character might work as generic galactic hardass #2063 or whatever, but the bottom line is: That just isn't Lobo.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JonSmith

@lifeofvibe said:

wait is that how he talks in the new 52?

Yep. In fact, that, "Sorry. Not sorry." Is his catchphrase. Says it all the time, especially after he's done something reprehensible. Frankly, I'm surprised no one has come up for a name for this new Lobo. Like 'SpOck' For Superior Spider-Man. I'm thinking something to the tune of 'Lowblow'.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

i dont mind the new lobo, he is lethal and is just a striaght up villain where The Main Man is more of an anti-hero , i wanna see how this plays out.

million_suns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind the new Lobo as a character. I don't. Just don't, DC, have the temerity to tell me that THIS is Lobo, and that the Lobo that built up a fan base, is in fact an imposter. Because this new version, Blue Jackman, is not Lobo.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith:

I would say it could be worse but this...just got worse

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last time she killed him by accident. This time she means it!

million_suns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just have the old Lobo win, and be done. I detest this new version. Next he'll turn out to be confused about his sexuality or something. I swear, they've done the same thing with Loki over in Marvel.

ArcadiaExeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ArcadiaExeter

I was thinking about this a few days ago and i figure there is a reason that DC is keeping both versions around. This new Lobo was obviously designed to appeal to teenage girls (why do you think they started him off in supergirl) and it seem to me their idea is, if this new Lobo makes the sales we want with the demographic we want then we will keep him around (A.K.A he will kill the old Lobo when they finally fight) and if he bombs and he doesnt catch on and make the sales we want then we have the old Lobo kill him off and we're back where we started without losing anything.

so i dont think we will know who would win the fight until we see how this new run of supergirl is selling and how this new Lobo is going over with the target demo.

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

I genuinely feel that the old Lobo won't win. Which I utterly detest. I would've been okay with a new Lobo as part of the new 52. I wouldn't have liked the new one as much as the old one. However, to be told that the Lobo I grew up enjoying isn't the real one, and that this generic, lame Blue Jackman dude is? That's unacceptable.

Personally, I think DC should have the Lobo from the Reign In Hell mini (bigger guy, tattooed arm) show up, and wipe out every current Nu52 version of Lobo. The Deathstroke version, the Stormwatch version, and Blue Jackman. And have the real, real Lobo, having not long gotten back from his contract to Neron/Sattanus in Hell, start breaking the fourth wall, wondering just what the heck has happened since he's been gone. Go a little Deadpool with it as a tongue in cheek critique on genuine fan complaints about the Nu52. Also maybe have Lobo show up in Larfleeze's comic. That could be gold.

This.

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the fight should be coming up soon in Oct, so I am still rooting for old Lobo (the real Lobo) not the new emo space Elvis. Don't get me wrong the new guy is cool he is just not Lobo give him a new name and stop all this foolishness already. I am not positive as of yet if I am going to pick up emo-bo's new book I simply don't want to support him as Lobo, but I want to read this fight I sapose it will depend on what other books come out the same week.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By RealityWarper

@grey56 said:

@million_suns said:

This.

Agreed.

PapaMidnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new Lobo sucks. Plain and simple. I've read the 3 issues that have had him so far in his series and he is just... terrible. The motives are lame, there's no surprise with the character, he's been reduced from an overly violent parody character who was a lot of fun and was bad @ss, to this pretty-boy, lost love, whiny character. He's terrible in all the worst ways and he's not even interesting anymore. I hated the design when it came out, but I figured that I would give the series a shot at least, so I could at least justify my anger at it, and not be hating just to hate. Well, I've satisfied that. And if they were to write their confrontation, Old Lobo (the REAL Lobo, screw you DC) SHOULD win. He's already stronger, faster, smarter, deadlier, and all around better. This Lobo has trouble with the assassins he's hunting, and has a team of losers to help him out for it. Old Lobo didn't need a team to take down anyone! He did it all by himself! He destroyed a whole freaking planet by engineering a neurological gas to wipe out everyone. And this new Lobo is supposed to stack up? Gtfo. Real Lobo will win, Emo-Bo will die. And hopefully stay dead. Forever.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new Lobo sucks. Plain and simple. I've read the 3 issues that have had him so far in his series and he is just... terrible. The motives are lame, there's no surprise with the character, he's been reduced from an overly violent parody character who was a lot of fun and was bad @ss, to this pretty-boy, lost love, whiny character. He's terrible in all the worst ways and he's not even interesting anymore. I hated the design when it came out, but I figured that I would give the series a shot at least, so I could at least justify my anger at it, and not be hating just to hate. Well, I've satisfied that. And if they were to write their confrontation, Old Lobo (the REAL Lobo, screw you DC) SHOULD win. He's already stronger, faster, smarter, deadlier, and all around better. This Lobo has trouble with the assassins he's hunting, and has a team of losers to help him out for it. Old Lobo didn't need a team to take down anyone! He did it all by himself! He destroyed a whole freaking planet by engineering a neurological gas to wipe out everyone. And this new Lobo is supposed to stack up? Gtfo. Real Lobo will win, Emo-Bo will die. And hopefully stay dead. Forever.

No Caption Provided

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I gave New-Bo a chance, but he's just not stacking up. The original was interesting as a ridiculous 90s over-violent parody and I wanted the new one to do the same thing for millenial pretty-boy characters.

Instead of that parody, we got a legitimized version with no connection to the purpose of the character. He's boring and offers nothing to the genre.

Avatar image for thegothikknight
    TheGothikKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnygat: the Redneck Lobo ? The minibike Lobo ? Lesbian Biker chick Lobo ? Bald Fast&Furious Lobo ?

The Metrosexual gay Lobo ?

Lobo could Parody alot of these, if Lobo had his own Lobo Family of Blood-spaen Clones, or whatever...

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So anyway, from what I gather and I could be wrong, the old school looking Lobo in the New 52 is from the same alternate Czarnia as the real New 52 Lobo.

So neither are the Pre-Flashpoint Lobo.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.