Follow

Lobo

Character » Lobo appears in 1129 issues.

The last of the Czarnians, Lobo is known and feared across the universe as a bounty hunter who never misses his mark. Super-strong, immortal and unstoppable, the Main Man has frequently clashed with Superman, although they have on occasion found themselves on the same side.

In honor of the new Lobo, Here's more of my collection.

ArcadiaExeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ArcadiaExeter

So one reason i really do like the new Lobo is what i see as a loyalty to his original self....ok not original..not Omegamen..but the Lobo that bio engineered a insect species that stings and slowly murders people. The Lobo that didnt kill, sometimes, if he didn't have to.

No Caption Provided

and still enjoyed maiming, but could do it calmly and sadistically.

No Caption Provided

So in honor of this "original" Lobo, here is my complete series of L.E.G.I.O.N comics. I include the entire run in my Lobo collection simply because he was a main element in it.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

That last lot includes what maybe my favorite comic cover ever...

No Caption Provided

..also the fact that Green Lantern rings dont work on Lobo maybe my favorite ability of his.

No Caption Provided

and this lot also includes a cover i love....

No Caption Provided

..I think this cover sums up Lobo and Supes relationship pretty well..well...cept for this one.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

So that completes my Legion collection...what? i missed one? FUCK! wait here it is.

No Caption Provided

Yeah...i didnt notice it was missing until now. oh well.

and THAT is my complete Legion run. I also own all of the legion annuals...

No Caption Provided

..and the complete R.E.B.E.L.S run. Although Lobo was released from Dox's command in the middle of the R.E.B.E.L.S run, I include the entire run in my Lobo collection as well.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I do love the symmetry of the last issue of L.E.G.I.O.N and the last issue of R.E.B.E.L.S.

So, Is the new Lobo Perfect? Hell no. He looks like he belongs in Teen Titans. The personality? That I like.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@arcadiaexeter: I still have to strongly disagree with your comparison to the original, but I respect your collection too much to argue with another dedicated Lobo fan.

ArcadiaExeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ArcadiaExeter

doesn't have to be an argument. a healthy debate is always welcome. No disrespect in healthy debate.

with that said, i think we've beaten this to death. i couldnt respond to the other blog post because of the post limit, but i did read everything. what i think it comes down to is that we all liked Lobo for different reasons and if the reasons someone liked him are the things they changed, then your gonna have an unhappy Lobo fan.

Oh and thanks for the comment about the collection. i've only posted about 25% of it. :p

Celineness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, anyone else notice the similarity between Rebels issue 14 (closest image above) and the ditched Supergirl New 52 cover?

Stay classy, Legion issue 48, stay classy :)

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Green Lantern rings dont work on Lobo? when was this?

ArcadiaExeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: That issues right there for one. it has been stated in other comics but i cant remember exactly which ones. the main idea is that no one has more will power than Lobo.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: That issues right there for one. it has been stated in other comics but i cant remember exactly which ones. the main idea is that no one has more will power than Lobo.

But i still dont understand how that renders him immune to the rings effects. we see GL's use their rings n people who are stronger willed all the time.

ArcadiaExeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: ask the DCU. they're the ones who came up with it.

fair enough, i guess they decided ti just ignore it anyway since they had Hal using constructs on Lobo in the previous GL volume.or it could just be bad writing.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They work, just not as effectively as on others. Also, nice job collecting. Those things were a pain to track down.

ArcadiaExeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanks. i have a lot more comics to post i just haven't gotten around to taking pics. i hope to get back into it soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.