Follow

Lobo

Character » Lobo appears in 1129 issues.

The last of the Czarnians, Lobo is known and feared across the universe as a bounty hunter who never misses his mark. Super-strong, immortal and unstoppable, the Main Man has frequently clashed with Superman, although they have on occasion found themselves on the same side.

I like Old Lobo but...

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Herokiller12344

I really feel like the dudes behind his comic relied a bit too much on the over the top gore for a cheap laugh. Yeah, I get that he's Wolverine x 10, but I'm sure there's a way to be satirical and still appealing to look at.

Plus, some actual character development would've been great too. 90s extreeem! is cool and all, but a character can get dull if they can't grow out of that. Maybe the New52 can rectify that one.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

New 52 has done nothing but make him a slaver.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By PapiNacho
    TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho: I was stoked when I learned he existed in the New 52. Then Liefeld ruined him. I got renewed hope when I found out he was alive in Stormwatch but same crap. And the final insult was when real Lobo lied to that alien cargo dude.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By PapiNacho

@tifalockhart: Sure but this was his first appearance, if DC doesn't do the old bait and switch and actually keep this Lobo I'm willing to bet he will evolve into an anti-hero. Starting him out as a full on villain is to be expected.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's straight villain, no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.