Where'd she go?

Avatar image for greygoose
#1 Posted by GreyGoose (4874 posts) - - Show Bio

where is she...i thought she was an awesome character and I havent seen her since

Avatar image for fesak
#2 Posted by fesak (8596 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they said at the San Diego Comic con that both Lifeguard and Slipstream would be seen again sometime in 2009.

Moderator
Avatar image for desilation
#3 Posted by Desilation (14325 posts) - - Show Bio

wait we talking about carmen san diego

Avatar image for greygoose
#4 Posted by GreyGoose (4874 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"I think they said at the San Diego Comic con that both Lifeguard and Slipstream would be seen again sometime in 2009.
"
oh coolers thnks

Desilation said:
"wait we talking about carmen san diego"


no were talkin bout lifeguard lol
Avatar image for fesak
#5 Posted by fesak (8596 posts) - - Show Bio
Desilation said:
"wait we talking about carmen san diego"
In the Lifeguard forum i suppose we're talking about Lifeguard.

She's basically a female version of Darwin with a little more offensive evolving capabilities, but she's also quite tall, 7ft/213cm, a bit unique for a female character.

caption
caption
Moderator
Avatar image for john_valentine
#6 Posted by John Valentine (16467 posts) - - Show Bio

She's only that height in armoured form.

Avatar image for fesak
#7 Posted by fesak (8596 posts) - - Show Bio

She doesn't have forms, that is her permanent state until she mutates/evolves further, and that is uncontrollable.

Moderator
Avatar image for john_valentine
#8 Posted by John Valentine (16467 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"She doesn't have forms, that is her permanent state until she mutates/evolves further, and that is uncontrollable."

She can't shift forms?

So she evolved in X-Treme?

When she first appeared, she was like 5 ft 10 - 6 ft.
Avatar image for danhimself
#9 Posted by danhimself (21430 posts) - - Show Bio

isn't she part shi'ar and isn't she out in space or something

Avatar image for nitefly
#10 Posted by NiteFly (1535 posts) - - Show Bio

She's half Shi'ar.

Avatar image for greygoose
#11 Posted by GreyGoose (4874 posts) - - Show Bio

so her form is the gold skin?

Avatar image for john_valentine
#12 Posted by John Valentine (16467 posts) - - Show Bio
GreyGoose said:
"so her form is the gold skin?"

Her present form is.
Avatar image for greygoose
#13 Posted by GreyGoose (4874 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"GreyGoose said:
"so her form is the gold skin?"

Her present form is."

oh ok
Avatar image for john_valentine
#14 Posted by John Valentine (16467 posts) - - Show Bio
GreyGoose said:
"John Valentine said:
"GreyGoose said:
"so her form is the gold skin?"

Her present form is."

oh ok"

Her and Elixir would have hot golden babies.
Avatar image for erik
#15 Posted by Erik (32504 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. I love Lifeguard. They better bring her back soon.

Avatar image for greygoose
#16 Posted by GreyGoose (4874 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"Lol. I love Lifeguard. They better bring her back soon."
lol
Avatar image for john_valentine
#17 Posted by John Valentine (16467 posts) - - Show Bio
erik said:
"Lol. I love Lifeguard. They better bring her back soon."

She's a remnant from the days that marked the end for decent Claremont writing.
Avatar image for mr_mofo
#18 Posted by Mr Mofo (367 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda missed out on the whole X-Treme X-Men.  Seemed like too much craziness. 

The problem is there's just too many X-characters running around.  We get these great characters.  Then a new writer (or the current one) runs out of ideas for that character and they end up in comic book limbo.  Often these characters are pushed aside to create yet another new character.  Maybe they get a bonus for creating a new one.  It's just a shame that they get pushed to the side.

Avatar image for erik
#19 Posted by Erik (32504 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"erik said:
"Lol. I love Lifeguard. They better bring her back soon."

She's a remnant from the days that marked the end for decent Claremont writing."
Hmmm.... I think you may have a point.
Avatar image for fesak
#20 Posted by fesak (8596 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr Mofo said:
"I kinda missed out on the whole X-Treme X-Men.  Seemed like too much craziness. 

The problem is there's just too many X-characters running around.  We get these great characters.  Then a new writer (or the current one) runs out of ideas for that character and they end up in comic book limbo.  Often these characters are pushed aside to create yet another new character.  Maybe they get a bonus for creating a new one.  It's just a shame that they get pushed to the side."

Hence why they did all that Decimation/No More Mutants stuff.
So we wouldn't get anymore lame new mutants like Ink or Greymalkin, and they could focus on underused existing characters.
Moderator
Avatar image for bobbydr
#21 Edited by bobbydr (63 posts) - - Show Bio
@fesak said:
"Mr Mofo said:
"I kinda missed out on the whole X-Treme X-Men.  Seemed like too much craziness. 

The problem is there's just too many X-characters running around.  We get these great characters.  Then a new writer (or the current one) runs out of ideas for that character and they end up in comic book limbo.  Often these characters are pushed aside to create yet another new character.  Maybe they get a bonus for creating a new one.  It's just a shame that they get pushed to the side."
Hence why they did all that Decimation/No More Mutants stuff.So we wouldn't get anymore lame new mutants like Ink or Greymalkin, and they could focus on underused existing characters. "

*sigh* that didn't work out so well did it?

I don't think that Lifeguard totally sucked. She was visually interesting and had a neat backstory. I think it is a shame that her powers basically made her a deux ex machina.
Avatar image for princeimc
#22 Posted by PrinceIMC (5506 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss Lifeguard too. Maybe we'll see her more now that the X-Men have their own island. Her and Neal Shaara should still be kicking around. They could definitely come up with something interesting with her Shi'ar heritage, like who in the royal family is she descended from? They could totally limit her powers now that she's taken on her golden winged form so she's not so powerful as Darwin....she even said at the end of the X-Treme X-Men run that she isn't so much a lifeguard anymore she's a predator.

Avatar image for leliel
#23 Posted by Leliel (1474 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
" GreyGoose said:
"John Valentine said:
"GreyGoose said:
"so her form is the gold skin?"

Her present form is."

oh ok"
Her and Elixir would have hot golden babies. "
and the generation of the 'goldies' begin

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.