Follow

Legion of Super-Heroes

Team » Legion of Super-Heroes appears in 1646 issues.

The Legion of Super-Heroes are a team of teen-age super-heroes in the 30th and 31st centuries of the DC Universe who were inspired by the adventures of Superboy/Clark Kent/Kal-El (Pre-Crisis). Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, and Saturn Girl are the founding members.

The Legion of Superheroes is Confusing?

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

Ok I need help again. What universe is the cerrint LOSH in? Because it said there from the future but in the DC Database there from Earth Pime?

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Izaiah
    @Kid_Omega_Prime said:
    Ok I need help again. What universe is the cerrint LOSH in? Because it said there from the future but in the DC Database there from Earth Pime?
    The Legion present in current titles Legion Lost (v2) and Legion of Super-Heroes (v7) are from the main DC Universe.
    The Legion present in the cancelled title Legion of Super-Heroes (v5; which ended in 2009) are from Earth-Prime...or at least Geoff Johns likes to pretend that, because it really makes no goddamn sense continuity-wise.
    Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By They Killed Cap!

THey are both loose continuations of the previous runs before the 52

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I'm trying to jump on here with the New 52, but it seems pretty catered to existing fans, so here are my questions:

1. What is this event that caused a bunch of Legionairres to die and how was Mon-El involved?

2. Who is Oaa? There seems to be no page on the site.

3. Is there a back history to the Daxamites in the 31st century? What's with the quarantine?

4. Do all members still need to be teenagers? They don't look it in the book. Hell, Star "Boy" has a full beard.

I'll be honest, I've been been interested but avoiding this for years due to nearly everyone having such original names involving -boy, -girl, -lad and -lass. I read #1 and #2 at least three times and did a little CV searching to narrow these questions down to the four above.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @jloneblackheart said:

I'm trying to jump on here with the New 52, but it seems pretty catered to existing fans, so here are my questions:

1. What is this event that caused a bunch of Legionairres to die and how was Mon-El involved?

3. Is there a back history to the Daxamites in the 31st century? What's with the quarantine?

4. Do all members still need to be teenagers? They don't look it in the book. Hell, Star "Boy" has a full beard.

I'll be honest, I've been been interested but avoiding this for years due to nearly everyone having such original names involving -boy, -girl, -lad and -lass. I read #1 and #2 at least three times and did a little CV searching to narrow these questions down to the four above.

I would also like to know most of these ^
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_

I'm of no use. There was reference to how Earth Man had previously had two rings (Legion and Green Lantern), which is a reference to the Legion's most current continuity carried over from the post recent version of Legion of Super-Heroes. Unfortunately, I've only read the first three issues of that volume.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Izaiah
    @jloneblackheart said:

3. Not sure if this is the reason, but Daxamites are deadly allergic to lead, which seems to exist mostly everywhere outside Daxam.  Once lead-poisoned, the only thing that can stop it is the anti-lead serum that Mon-El takes, something Brainiac 5 claims credit for.  Possibly related to the quarantine, in the Great Darkness Saga (which seems to be canon), Darkseid created an army of brainwashed Daxamites against the United Planets.
    4. Nope.  They're prolly all in their late 20s by now.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mercy_

@jloneblackheart said:

This is one I can answer. They haven't been teenagers since the volume before last. In the previous volume (the one which they seem to be considering canon), not only were they adults, but Imra and Garth had kids.

thegamerdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By thegamerdaddy
    @jloneblackheart said:

Oaa is Variable Lad, he was a member of the Legion Academy and died in Adventure Comics #529
    Crymsun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Crymsun

@jloneblackheart said:

1. The event that caused the apparent death of those Legionnaires has not been revealed yet. Check out Legion Lost to see what happened to them. I'm hoping it's revealed in the Zero issue in September.

2. This was answered before. That's the real name of Variable Lad, one of the Legion Academy students. He sacrificed himself to save the others. He's also the nephew of the Legion's doctor, Dr. Gym'll.

3. The Daxamites pretty much kept to themselves (because of the fear of lead poisoning) until Darkseid took over the planet in the Great Darkness Saga. After that, people don't tend to trust them like they used to. Other than Mon-El, there are two other Daxamites who've been involved with the Legion. Ol-Vir, who worshipped Darkseid and joined the Legion of Super-Villains, and the Renegade who the Legion fought in the early issues of the New 52.

4. Most of the long time members are at least in their late 20's. The newer members who graduated from the Academy (Chemical Kid, Glorith, and Dragonwing) are still teenagers. Comet Queen is probably early 20's, and an exception was probably made to let her join. Historically, they've had the rule that all new members must be under the age of 18. But they have made exceptions to the rule before, such as Polar Boy and apparently Harmonia.

I hope this helps. I've been reading the Legion since the 70's and love them. If you have any questions, I will be glad to answer them.

Iceman94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Iceman94

I am wondering with Flashpoint everything changed yet Legion of Super-Heroes didn't?

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By BatWatch

I've never consistently read Legion of Super-Heroes comics, but I have read the character histories because they pop up in other comics sometimes.That being said, I can say that Legion of Super-Heroes has been rebooted so many times as to make its continuity completely unfathomable. Just pick and choose whatever you wish to be true because it probably was true at one point.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.