Follow

Legion of Super-Heroes

Team » Legion of Super-Heroes appears in 1647 issues.

The Legion of Super-Heroes are a team of teen-age super-heroes in the 30th and 31st centuries of the DC Universe who were inspired by the adventures of Superboy/Clark Kent/Kal-El (Pre-Crisis). Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, and Saturn Girl are the founding members.

Superboy or Superman? Legion character list issue on ComicVine.

thegamerdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By thegamerdaddy

I have been compiling a list of every Legion of Super-heroes appearance and have come across many issues that have Superman listed instead of Superboy. I understand that the Silver and Bronze age Superboy was from another dimension that the Time Trapper created and that both of these Supermen are named Kal-el, which could be why many have listed the character as Superman and not Superboy. Yet, there is no mention of this version of Kal-el on the Superman page, but is mentioned on on the Superboy page.

Could this be an exception to ComicVine's rule? Should there be a Superboy (Kal-el) page and a Superboy (Kon-el) page?

I think there should, because the Superboy page as it stands is extremely confusing.

What do you think?

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By htb106

I agree.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Izaiah

The Pre-Crisis appearances of Superboy in the Legion have been retconned back into being the main continuity (first Post-Infinite Crisis, then DCnU/Post-Flashpoint) Superman though.  If I were to add a Pre-Crisis Legion issue to the site where Superboy appeared, I'd prolly list him as 'Superman'.

thegamerdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thegamerdaddy
    @Izaiah: I understand the retconned nature of the listing, accept the 'superman' listing does not have any information about superboy on it. So as surfer of this wiki if i go to a page of a Superboy and the Legion of Super-heroes issue I dont see Superboy listed as a character I only see Superman, confusing? Especially if I click on Superman and find no information about Superboy. Also confussing because all of the plot summaries mention Superboy, not Superman. 
    thegamerdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thegamerdaddy

I see a couple of options:

1) Leave all the 'Superman' character appearances, but edit the 'Superman' page to reflect the history of the retcon.
    2) Replace the 'Superman' character appearances to 'Superboy'.
    3) Create a 'Kal-el (Superboy)' page to reflect the retconned stories, change the Legion appearances with 'Superboy' that deal with 'Kal-el' from 'Superman' to the newly created listing, change the 'Superboy' page to be 'Kon-el (Superboy)' and delete the Kal-el information and then create a 'Superboy' page the reflects the entire history of the character. This solution is similar to how comicvine treats the 'Robin's'

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Izaiah
    @thegamerdaddy said:
    I see a couple of options:  1) Leave all the 'Superman' character appearances, but edit the 'Superman' page to reflect the history of the retcon.
    I'm not very wiki-active so I can't say for sure, but I think this option seems most reasonable.
    thegamerdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thegamerdaddy
    @Izaiah said:
    @thegamerdaddy said:
    I see a couple of options:  1) Leave all the 'Superman' character appearances, but edit the 'Superman' page to reflect the history of the retcon.
    I'm not very wiki-active so I can't say for sure, but I think this option seems most reasonable.
    Maybe, but that doesn't make it the best option. Option #3 makes the most sense to me if the wiki is going to be logical. Yes the most work, but would help readers more I believe.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.