Follow

Legacy Virus

Concept » Legacy Virus appears in 120 issues.

The legacy virus was a biological weapon engineered and released by the madman Stryfe for the purpose of killing all mutants. The plague lasted for years and killed many mutants and a few humans.

Legacy Virus

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Darkchild

did anyone enjoy the whole concept of it i mean a virus that only kills mutants i enjoyed it because it hit readers hard with some of the deaths. Magiks death was a big one for some but for me it was Pyros death he went out a hero though which also made it real hard

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Lady Tlieso

i thought it was a great story line. i completely agree with you about pyro. it was really nice that he got to go out in a way that wasn't insulting to him or the people reading it. i loved that he ended up the hero.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

I think they needed more people to die from it to live up to the hype. You had Magik, Madrox for a little while was "dead", Pyro, it never really seemed like a significant threat considering the thousands of mutants especially how much pages it consumed with Beast and Moira, etc going on about it and the effort put into giving the virus an origin in the future. Why would Stryfe go through the trouble of bringing what was supposed to be a horribly dangerous virus from the year 4000 back to kill a handful of peripheral mutants that don't matter much in the grand scheme of things?

Thats one thing I gotta give M-Day credit for, it seemed to do what other storylines like the Legacy virus were hyped to do.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Darkchild

Stryfe wasnt always big with brains but i did like the overall effect it had on the characters

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.