Follow

Kyle Rayner

Character » Kyle Rayner appears in 1664 issues.

Originally thought to be chosen by chance, it was later revealed that Ganthet chose Kyle Rayner because he had the ability to harness the powers of the emotional spectrum. Once the Torchbearer of the Green Lantern Corps, Kyle graduated to the role Ganthet had intended for him: the White Lantern. After the White Ring is separated into seven rings, Kyle returns to being a Green Lantern Corpsman.

Kyle Rayner - A Blue Lantern

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RedHoodJT

So I just finished up parts four and five of the War of the Green Lanterns. And I gotta say I kinda saw this coming. But for the most part I'm glad to see Kyle as a blue lantern. I think he looks pretty damn cool.

What are your thoughts on him as a blue light wielding lantern?

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SmoothJammin

I won't be satisfied until Dick Grayson and Barry Allen join the Bl Corps too. Jk.. Kyle wielding wielding a blue power ring is most fitting.
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Kallarkz
    eh...i don't know. I like the idea behind it I suppose because how the emotional spectrum works I think Kyle could go both in the Blue and the Green. I just don't like seeing the dependency of the Blue Lantern Ring (won't work unless a Green Lantern is around...will only give flight and a shield without). I grew up reading Kyle as a strong Green Lantern and I loved seeing him as Ion...with the handicap on the Blue Ring he just seems less.
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @Kallarkz:  I grew up reading him as GL and Ion as well. And I do agree with you on the handicap situation of the Blue ring I have to say though that I think that he will wield both the Green and the Blue when this is all over. I think that it would be pretty awesome to see him wielding both one feeding off the power of the other would be awesome. In my opinion he is the best GL. I like the others but he is my favorite and I see him being the one that saves this whole thing from being the worst fate for everyone.

@SmoothJammin: I like that idea of Dick and Barry becoming blue ones too but I mean to be honest I think that Dick would be better off in either the indigo or the Green. And of course Barry fits the Blue one we saw that in BN which was great. I think it would be cool. And I would have to add Jason Todd to the Red corps due to his anger and rage he has.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PrinceIMC

I get the feeling that Kyle is going to find some powers or abilities or at least uses of the Blue rings we haven't seen yet. The fact that they were all kinda shocked that he'd pick the least useful ring to me means he's going to make it useful.

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @PrinceIMC:  I agree. I have a funny feeling he is going to find a way to merge the two rings (green and blue) and become a Blue-Green Lantern that is doesn't need to charge his green ring as long as he is hoping while using his will to use the green ring to make constructs.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

It wont last, Kyle's going to die at the end of the arc. ****ing Johns.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @RedHoodJT said:
    " @PrinceIMC:  I agree. I have a funny feeling he is going to find a way to merge the two rings (green and blue) and become a Blue-Green Lantern that is doesn't need to charge his green ring as long as he is hoping while using his will to use the green ring to make constructs. "
    See I dunno about merging the two rings, maybe just find something in the Blue ring or because he was Ion twice he'll have powers beyond that of a regular Blue Lantern. Or maybe he'll just continue working alongside John or other Green Lanterns so he's always got constructs and they've always got a charge.
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @PrinceIMC:  Now that I really think about it. I'm almost positive that we will finally get to see just what makes the blue ring so special. Kyle will be the one that helps us see that power and why Saint Walker says that the Blue light is the strongest of all the other light.
    Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Fantasgasmic

Honestly, I don't like it because I don't think Kyle is the best lantern to embody HOPE. I think Hal should be the Blue Lantern (you know, like he was supposed to be according to Ganthet and Sayd's original plan) plus he was double ring-slinging during Rage of the Red Lanterns and Agent Orange.  Kyle should be Yellow again. He was Parallax for a pretty long time, and was in the Sinestro Corps before. I really don't see Hal being able "to cause great fear" among anyone except a few Sinestro Corps and Red Lanterns, and that shouldn't be enough for him to wield that ring.

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By velle37
    @Fantasgasmic said:
    Honestly, I don't like it because I don't think Kyle is the best lantern to embody HOPE. I think Hal should be the Blue Lantern (you know, like he was supposed to be according to Ganthet and Sayd's original plan) plus he was double ring-slinging during Rage of the Red Lanterns and Agent Orange.  Kyle should be Yellow again. He was Parallax for a pretty long time, and was in the Sinestro Corps before. I really don't see Hal being able "to cause great fear" among anyone except a few Sinestro Corps and Red Lanterns, and that shouldn't be enough for him to wield that ring.

Among all of the 4 earth GLs, Kyle embodies hope batter than any of them. He's a dreamer as an artist, and he kept the dream of the GL corps alive, and eventually revived it against all odds.

Ganthet and Sayd didn't want Hal to lead the Blue Lanterns as a Blue Lantern. The Blue Lanterns need a Green Lantern to function, and Ganthet said Hal's will could power the entire corps.

Hal wasn't double ringslinging during Rage of the Red lanterns, his green ring went inert, but for some odd reason Guy Gardner was able to wield green and red at the same time when he thought Kyle had died.

Kyle was not Parallax for very long at all. While Hal was Parallax for a very long time, before that he had wielded Sinestro's ring in the Justice Story arc, and in the Sinestro Corps War he wielded several qwardian rings at once, he also became parallax again in GL 50, so he has the most experience with the power of fear.

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @velle37: Exactly. Couldn't agree more.
    ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ironshadow

Kyle should have blue and a green power ring.

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @ironshadow: I totally agree with you on that.
    Avatar image for ultimate_nighthunter
    Ultimate_Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noticed something when reading the issue in which they get their rings. Ganthet complained about their choises because Guy basically killed himself by using the red ring, that john was ill suited for indigo and hal using a yellow ring...well that is just a bad idea. 

The complain with Kyle wasn't that he wasn't able to use it, but that he wasn't ready yet. Reading too much between the lines or foreshadowing?
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RedHoodJT

I'm going with foreshadowing. I honestly believe that something major is going to happen to Kyle regarding the blue ring. He is going to unlock the rings full potential some way. Or at least something to that effect.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Mercy_

Thanks for the spoiler warning! Not all of us are current. -___-

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By fodigg

I think it's a little weird that someone who was once the host for the green entity so readily slips into the role of a blue lantern. I mean, he might be the most hopeful earth-based GL, but he's still traditionally a willpower guy.

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @fodigg: I thought that same thing but honestly if any of them have the ability to take and wield the blue ring effectively its Kyle. I personally feel he will be a duel wielder.
    Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20  Edited By Feliciano2040
    @PrinceIMC: Seems like something Kyle could deffinitely do.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.