Follow

Kyle Rayner

Character » Kyle Rayner appears in 1664 issues.

Originally thought to be chosen by chance, it was later revealed that Ganthet chose Kyle Rayner because he had the ability to harness the powers of the emotional spectrum. Once the Torchbearer of the Green Lantern Corps, Kyle graduated to the role Ganthet had intended for him: the White Lantern. After the White Ring is separated into seven rings, Kyle returns to being a Green Lantern Corpsman.

How powerful is Kyle as White Lantern?

Darksider555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

So I am intersted in seeing how DC develops Kyle as the White Lantern. But one question is bugging me. How powerful is he?

Sayd stated that commanding the entire emotional spectrum is almost impossible even for the Guardians. Hal made Kyle the Templar Guardians "tour guide" since he has "the power to stop them".

So could anyone explain this to me?

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Seriously, I wanna know this aswel

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Lvenger

As a White Lantern, Kyle owned the combined might of the Guardians all at once, the same Guardians that were capable of dishing the hurt on the Anti Monitor in The Sinestro Corps War. Ganthet even said that the Guardians would need a power boost to contend with Kyle.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@lvenger said:

As a White Lantern, Kyle owned the combined might of the Guardians all at once, the same Guardians that were capable of dishing the hurt on the Anti Monitor in The Sinestro Corps War. Ganthet even said that the Guardians would need a power boost to contend with Kyle.

He actually never defeated them IIRC and doesn't really show his power level as Parallax was actually able to kill them.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lvenger

@dondave said:

@lvenger said:

He actually never defeated them IIRC and doesn't really show his power level as Parallax was actually able to kill them.

That is true but it was clear he had the upper hand in the battle, not them. Also weren't the Guardians weakened during Wrath of The First Lantern making killing them all the easier?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@dondave said:

@lvenger said:

That is true but it was clear he had the upper hand in the battle, not them. Also weren't the Guardians weakened during Wrath of The First Lantern making killing them all the easier?

No, just imprisoned by Volthoom

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@lvenger said:

@dondave said:

@lvenger said:

Had to check the issue to see if I was right but I found this to back up my claim. "They were weakened by Volthoom. They were vulnerable." Check the issue if you don't believe me.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@dondave said:

@lvenger said:

@dondave said:

@lvenger said:

Had to check the issue to see if I was right but I found this to back up my claim. "They were weakened by Volthoom. They were vulnerable." Check the issue if you don't believe me.

It seems you are right.

Apologies

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@lvenger said:

@dondave said:

@lvenger said:

@dondave said:

@lvenger said:

It seems you are right.

Apologies

Hey no need to apologise, it was just a matter of interpretation that's all.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
    Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He probably be strong enough to take on Darkseid. Maybe.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.