Follow

Kryptonians

Team » Kryptonians appears in 842 issues.

Kryptonians are a virtually extinct fictitious species that exist in the DC universe. Kryptonians are from the planet Krypton, a planet that orbited the sun Rao before its destruction. They are known for gaining incredible superhuman abilities when exposed to the light of a yellow star.

Lost Oppotunity for Kryptonians to Live

CasimirAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Edited By CasimirAngel

The Phantom Zone was used by Kryptonians to send many criminals to their imprisonment.  Unfortunately, their banishment saved them once Krypton was destroyed.  I'm wondering why at least a few Kryptonians didn't take advantage of the Phantom Zone to avoid death?  If the choice was between hanging out with criminals or death, I'd take the criminals. 

Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vitality
    @CasimirAngel said:
    "The Phantom Zone was used by Kryptonians to send many criminals to their imprisonment.  Unfortunately, their banishment saved them once Krypton was destroyed.  I'm wondering why at least a few Kryptonians didn't take advantage of the Phantom Zone to avoid death?  If the choice was between hanging out with criminals or death, I'd take the criminals.  "

The Phantom Zone was used that way in Smallville.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

I'm pretty sure that not a lot of people had access to a Phantom Zone projector...that would be like everyone having keys to a jail

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Magian
    @danhimself said:
    " I'm pretty sure that not a lot of people had access to a Phantom Zone projector...that would be like everyone having keys to a jail "
    This. Also Kryptonians didn't believe was doomed, that's why they didn't do any preparations to save themselves.
    Avatar image for deadpoolvironfist
    DeadpoolvIronFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DeadpoolvIronFist
    @danhimself said:
    "I'm pretty sure that not a lot of people had access to a Phantom Zone projector...that would be like everyone having keys to a jail "

It still should have been an evacuation plan.
    cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By cpt_linger
    @ComicMan24 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " I'm pretty sure that not a lot of people had access to a Phantom Zone projector...that would be like everyone having keys to a jail "
    This. Also Kryptonians didn't believe was doomed, that's why they didn't do any preparations to save themselves. "

Yeah for an advanced civilization they sure did pick a whole bouquet of oopsy daisys. I mean we are primitive in our evolution and we know about a comet that's going to hit earth like 14,000 years from now, we're just not worried atm. 

Maybe they did know, but they forgot.
    soundbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By soundbite
    @cpt_linger said:
    "@ComicMan24 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    This. Also Kryptonians didn't believe was doomed, that's why they didn't do any preparations to save themselves. "
    Yeah for an advanced civilization they sure did pick a whole bouquet of oopsy daisys. I mean we are primitive in our evolution and we know about a comet that's going to hit earth like 14,000 years from now, we're just not worried atm.  Maybe they did know, but they forgot. "

or maybe they had poor leadership like they did in New Orleans before katrina hit.
    CasimirAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By CasimirAngel
    @Vitality said:
    " @CasimirAngel said:
    "The Phantom Zone was used by Kryptonians to send many criminals to their imprisonment.  Unfortunately, their banishment saved them once Krypton was destroyed.  I'm wondering why at least a few Kryptonians didn't take advantage of the Phantom Zone to avoid death?  If the choice was between hanging out with criminals or death, I'd take the criminals.  "
    The Phantom Zone was used that way in Smallville. "
    Were there any comic stories with non-criminals escaping to the Phantom Zone to avoid death?  That'd potentially be a good story.
    Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vitality
    @CasimirAngel said:
    " @Vitality said:
    " @CasimirAngel said:
    Were there any comic stories with non-criminals escaping to the Phantom Zone to avoid death?  That'd potentially be a good story. "

Coudln't tell you...only know about Smallville.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By danhimself
    @Vitality said:
    " @CasimirAngel said:
    no it wasn't....if you're talking about Kandor then that wasn't related to the Phantom Zone
    cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cpt_linger
    @soundbite said:
    "@cpt_linger said:
    "@ComicMan24 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    Yeah for an advanced civilization they sure did pick a whole bouquet of oopsy daisys. I mean we are primitive in our evolution and we know about a comet that's going to hit earth like 14,000 years from now, we're just not worried atm.  Maybe they did know, but they forgot. "
    or maybe they had poor leadership like they did in New Orleans before katrina hit. "

So you're saying the U.S.A. is an advanced civ. with poor leadership?
    Avatar image for deadpoolvironfist
    DeadpoolvIronFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_linger said:
    "@ComicMan24 said:
    " @danhimself said:

Forgot? lol
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Magian
    @cpt_linger said:
    " @ComicMan24 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    Non and Jor-El tried to warn them but the Council wasn't listening to them. They captured Non and stripped him of his intelligence and and let Jor-El since he said that he will stop researching even though he secretly continued. So they were unprepared when the destruction started except for Jor-El.
    cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cpt_linger
    @ComicMan24:
    Well I would narrow it down to poor leadership then...
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Magian
    @cpt_linger: I guess you could say that.
    Vitality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vitality
    @danhimself said:
    " @Vitality said:
    " @CasimirAngel said:
    no it wasn't....if you're talking about Kandor then that wasn't related to the Phantom Zone "

Yes it was...I'm talking about Raya and the Phantom Zone. 
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By danhimself
    @Vitality said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " @Vitality said:
    " @CasimirAngel said:
    no it wasn't....if you're talking about Kandor then that wasn't related to the Phantom Zone "
    Yes it was...I'm talking about Raya and the Phantom Zone.  "
    ok...I forgot about her...but still it was only one person
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By karrob
    @cpt_linger said:
    " @ComicMan24 said:
    " @danhimself said:
    Lol @ 14,000 years from now

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.