Follow

Kitty Pryde

Character » Kitty Pryde appears in 6445 issues.

Kitty Pryde (a.k.a. Shadowcat) is a mutant gifted with the ability to become intangible and phase her entire body through solid material. A talented prodigy, she became the poster child of the X-Men; eventually reaching maturation and becoming the team's current leader.

Could Shadowcat

Hawkingbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Hawkingbird

Phase her hand into someone's skull, then unphase? Killing them? Or can she not unphase inside an object? I'm sure it would be painful and she'd probably lose her hand, but if that's possible, so long as she has body parts, she could be very dangerous?

Even better, can she phase/unphase parts of her body?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a87a43d86832
    deactivated-5a87a43d86832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Your hand wouldn't have to break...if you watch Heroes, when D.L. kills Linderman by phasing he just unphases the part of his hand in the brain...

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#3  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

She can do that.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

They're different characters. Kitty has actually done this (to Wolverine) and her hand was left in his head. She might be able to do it without hurting herself, but she didn't then.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Yeah, but that's Vision, not Kitty.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a87b18350ff9
    deactivated-5a87b18350ff9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Mr. M's done it too

so with a list of all these people you'd assume that Kitty could...

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck

Kitty's gone anyways so it doesn't really matter.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Dorian Gray says:

"Mr. M's done it tooso with a list of all these people you'd assume that Kitty could..."

Why assume she could do it (she can phase into people, but she doesn't seem to be able to solidify without harming herself) when she's tried and lost a hand in the process? Not to mention that one of the people on the "list" is a character in whole different universe, another is a robot, and the third has powers way beyond Kitty's.
    Post Edited:2008-03-11 23:09:30

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gmanfromheck

Buckshot says:

"Dorian Gray says:
    "Mr. M's done it tooso with a list of all these people you'd assume that Kitty could..."

Why assume she could do it when she's tried and lost a hand in the process? Not to mention that one of the people on the "list" is a character in whole different universe, another is a robot, and the third has powers way beyond Kitty's."

Hey, watch it, he's not a robot. He has feelings, you know.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Nighthunter

G-Man says:

"Buckshot says:
    "Dorian Gray says:

Why assume she could do it when she's tried and lost a hand in the process? Not to mention that one of the people on the "list" is a character in whole different universe, another is a robot, and the third has powers way beyond Kitty's."

Hey, watch it, he's not a robot. He has feelings, you know.

" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/2000/1504/7038-vision_400.jpg"

lol

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By fesak  Moderator

I don't think Kitty can solidify inside an object without harming herself, not yet anyway.

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LexiCat

If Kitty were to phase any part of her self through a person's brain, it would interrupt the electrical impulses of the brain. The brain is like one large computer and therefore would pretty much render a person dead. Her power naturally disrupts electrical circuitry. This is why she is able to disarm bombs, destroy computers, and such. So, yes she can do that, but I'm thinking you probably wouldn't want her to.

And GMan, I care. Kitty may be "gone", but she is still my favorite and will always be. I still feel like taking a pitchfork and shoving it directly up Joss Whedon's well.... you can use your imagination. -frowns softly- Having her dead is just.. wrong. It's very wrong.

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By ChrisAngel

The question is, is she really dead? So far, everything I've seen to date has her simply being rocketed in Earth's direction in this propelled huge bullet like thing from orbit around the Breakworld... though it looks bad for her, I wont lie. But you know comics.. they're like TV soap operas...just when you think someone's been dead and gone for 20 years, in they pop.. S

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gmanfromheck

@LexiCat: I was just kidding. Kitty Pryde's always been one of my fav's. I'm not too happy with Whedon for whatever crap he's pulling with her. I don't think she'll be dead. I do think she's staying behind with SWORD and Lockheed for some lame reason. In last week's Uncanny X-Men, when Colossus, Wolverine and Nightcrawler were on their road trip, they mentioned that he "lost the woman he loves." Doesn't necessarily mean she dies.

What I'd like to see is Kitty using her ninja training more often. Waaaay too often I think the writers just forget about this.

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LexiCat

G-Man says:

"@LexiCat: I was just kidding. Kitty Pryde's always been one of my fav's. I'm not too happy with Whedon for whatever crap he's pulling with her. I don't think she'll be dead. I do think she's staying behind with SWORD and Lockheed for some lame reason. In last week's Uncanny X-Men, when Colossus, Wolverine and Nightcrawler were on their road trip, they mentioned that he "lost the woman he loves." Doesn't necessarily mean she dies. What I'd like to see is Kitty using her ninja training more often. Waaaay too often I think the writers just forget about this."

Seriously! I couldn't agree more. But we are talking about writers who have her forget where she was born.. It wasn't Chicago. -shakes her head and laughs- But I'm definitely not liking the idea of her being left OR dead. An X-men uinverse without Kitty makes me want to stop reading.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gmanfromheck

Wasn't she born in Deerfield? I actually played a football game in Deerfield in high school.

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LexiCat

G-Man says:

"Wasn't she born in Deerfield? I actually played a football game in Deerfield in high school."

Yes, she was. Deerfield, Illinois. -smiles-

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gmanfromheck

I know Beast was supposed to be from Dunfee. I'm pretty sure that was made up. There's a Dundee Illinois.

Back to topic. I mentioned in another thread recently when Kitty phased Thor half into the ground. He didn't die or anything. He was in a lot of pain. So I wonder if that's what it'd be like for Kitty. Just a lot of pain. It always freaked me out (okay not really freaked) when she casually phased through Colossus or someone. What if she sneezed and accidentally un-phased?

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LexiCat

-laughing softly- She should do that once and hopefully it would do him in for good. Sorry.. my anti-Colossusness speaking there.

In all honesty, I would imagine it would cause pain for both her and the other person. It would be one way to defeat her, however. In most cases, she has to be tangible to actually suffer damage. But in extreme cases where magic is involved, she can be taken down while intangible as well.

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ChrisAngel

LexiCat says:

"**-laughing softly-** She should do that once and hopefully it would do him in for good. Sorry.. my anti-Colossusness speaking there.
    In all honesty, I would imagine it would cause pain for both her and the other person. It would be one way to defeat her, however. In most cases, she has to be tangible to actually suffer damage. But in extreme cases where magic is involved, she can be taken down while intangible as well. "

snickers Remind me to hand you the switch when they juice the big Russkie up for good, baby...

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LexiCat

ChrisAngel says:

"LexiCat says:
    "**-laughing softly-** She should do that once and hopefully it would do him in for good. Sorry.. my anti-Colossusness speaking there.
    In all honesty, I would imagine it would cause pain for both her and the other person. It would be one way to defeat her, however. In most cases, she has to be tangible to actually suffer damage. But in extreme cases where magic is involved, she can be taken down while intangible as well. "
    *snickers* Remind me to hand you the switch when they juice the big Russkie up for good, baby..."

Switch! Noo.. just hand me a smelting pot and I'll toss him in!! -evil lil giggle-

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LexiCat

ChrisAngel says:

"You WOULD too....! *laughs* "

I SO would!! -giggle- Dude deserves it... We have had this discussion uber many times. You know I prefer the other Pete!

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ChrisAngel

You WOULD too....! laughs

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LexiCat

ChrisAngel says:

"LexiCat says:
    "ChrisAngel says:
    I **SO** would!! **-giggle-** Dude deserves it... We have had this discussion uber many times. You know I prefer the other Pete!"
    More times than I like... and every time you give me the evil eye cause you think I'm defending the big lug... *laughs* Hell I prefer the other Pete...he was better for the Kitten."

-grins- That's cause you do sometimes sunshine. But I forgive you. -winks- And he was definitely way better. He was a toughie, but he really was sweet.

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ChrisAngel

LexiCat says:

"ChrisAngel says:

I SO would!! -giggle- Dude deserves it... We have had this discussion uber many times. You know I prefer the other Pete!"

More times than I like... and every time you give me the evil eye cause you think I'm defending the big lug... laughs

Hell I prefer the other Pete...he was better for the Kitten.

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ChrisAngel

LexiCat says:

"ChrisAngel says:
    "LexiCat says:
    "ChrisAngel says:
    I **SO** would!! **-giggle-** Dude deserves it... We have had this discussion uber many times. You know I prefer the other Pete!"
    More times than I like... and every time you give me the evil eye cause you think I'm defending the big lug... *laughs* Hell I prefer the other Pete...he was better for the Kitten."

-grins- That's cause you do sometimes sunshine. But I forgive you. -winks- And he was definitely way better. He was a toughie, but he really was sweet.

"

Well you know how I am.. thinkin damn near everyone deserves a chance to redeem themselves for their faults... within reason. I mean after all, I've my own penitent crusade Im working on. starshine. knowing grin your way Wisdom always was a tough one.. and I have to give him props, because he went toe to toe with Colossus, even though he damn near killed him, he got put down.

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LexiCat

ChrisAngel says:

"LexiCat says:
    "ChrisAngel says:
    "LexiCat says:
    "ChrisAngel says:
    **-grins-** That's cause you do sometimes sunshine. But I forgive you. **-winks-** And he was definitely way better. He was a toughie, but he really was sweet. "
    Well you know how I am.. thinkin damn near everyone deserves a chance to redeem themselves for their faults... within reason. I mean after all, I've my own penitent crusade Im working on. starshine. *knowing grin your way* Wisdom always was a tough one.. and I have to give him props, because he went toe to toe with Colossus, even though he damn near killed him, he got put down."

-colors as she sees that grin and sends him a smile- Good luck with that crusade of yours, sunshine.. If I know you, it'll be a success. Never see you not come out the victor yet. And he did.. and Colossus nearly beat him to death. But he didn't back down and I respect that, bigtime. I respect how he treated her, too. I think that's what stands out most. He had every reason not to trust, due to his past.. but he trusted anyway. I hate they wrote her breaking it off. Mistake...

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By gmanfromheck

I have to say I wasn't really a Pete Wisdom fan. Have you seen him in Ulimate Human?

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LexiCat

No G-Man! I sure haven't. What's up with that?

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ChrisAngel

I'd rather like to know myself.. .and what wasnt there to like about Wisdom.. I mean sure he was brash and didn't have many qualms about speakin his mind and doin what needed doin....an ordinary joe, I thought...with powers. Just tryin to make it through the day.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By gmanfromheck
    LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By LexiCat

-sticks her tongue out- Meanie... That just makes me sad. -sigh- Is there like one character I like they won't wanna screw with?

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ChrisAngel

They make Pete the equivalent of the freakin Leader? lookin over at Lexi And I keep having this hope that Marvel Comics arent making the slow descent to hell.

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By LexiCat

-dies out of sheer anger- That's wrong! OMG that like majorly pisses me off!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By gmanfromheck

Ha ha...I mean sorry.

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LexiCat

It's not wrong to hope, but.. this crushes mine big time. -pouts and curls up in Chris' lap- Can't believe they'd trash Pete like that. He didn't deserve that.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By gmanfromheck

LexiCat says:

"**-sticks her tongue out-** Meanie... That just makes me sad. **-sigh-** Is there like one character I like they won't wanna screw with? "

You should be happy what they did with Colossus then. No way he and Kitty will get together in the Ultimate Universe.

And why Pete's the Leader there, I have no idea.

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ChrisAngel

hold onto the Lexi-girl, petting

No he doesn't honestly. But such as it is in the Ultimate world... where continuity flies out the window at warpspeed...

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By LexiCat

Small comfort, G-Man. Small comfort. Pete Wisdom & Kitty are like one of my favorite couples.. I'm going to keep hoping for some kind of reunion. Yeah..right. -grumbles-

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ChrisAngel

With Ultimate Colossus flaming? L For her it's the PERFECT revenge!

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LexiCat

Okay I'm off to get ready for doctor time.. Sunshine, I'll see you later. -smooch- Hold down the fort for me.. Take care, G-Man.

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ChrisAngel

Probably your favorite couple (like myself) along with the hopefully not too much longer lamented Peter and Mary Jane Parker....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.