Follow

Kate Bishop

Character » Kate Bishop appears in 656 issues.

Inspired by Clint Barton, Kate took up the mantle of Hawkeye and became a member of the Young Avengers. When Clint returned, the two of them struck up an on-again, off-again partnership, with Clint supporting her as she becomes more and more involved in the world of the Avengers.

Is Marvel Going to Address this or What?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Of course you know when Hawkeye died, Captain America gave the name to Kate Bishop.When Scarlet Witch brought Clint back from the dead he took the name Ronin from the original Ronin..Echo.Now that Echo is off the team and Clint is back in his original costume he has to take his name back but Kate is still using the name Hawkeye so their is two Hawkeye's.So is Marvel going to change her name? (Maybe Kill Mockingbird off and give her that name) or is there just going to be two Hawkeye's until one of them dies?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

BUMP

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

It's not unheard of for two people to hold the same name at the same time shifty eyes towards the Batmen. It would be nice to see her kind of develop her own identity and alias/codename off of that, though.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By iLLituracy

I doubt they'll bother to change her name. And I don't think Mockingbird is going anywhere seeing as how they just turned her into a super soldier. She'll most likely continue as Hawkeye. 

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Timandm

How about SHE-Hawkeye?   LOL!!!  (I was just commenting on the name of Red She-Hulk.)

I agree with you, it's (as Socrates would have said) stupid to have two Hawkeyes...  Getting past the idea that someone would use a bow and arrow to fight crime in a high tech world where a gun could easily fire 'trick bullets" it's kind of hard to accept that Kate can't come up with another super hero identity...  Let's see if we can help her:

- Arrow
    - Cupid... or She-Cupid.... Cupidess...
    - Artemis
    - Trick-shot... What with him being dead and all you'd think the name would be up for grab.
    - Twang...
    - Long Bow
    - Cross Bow
    - Archer... She-Archer...Archerette?  Archess?
    - Huntress... It's only currently being used in the DC universe so it should be okay.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress said:

It's not unheard of for two people to hold the same name at the same time shifty eyes towards the Batmen. It would be nice to see her kind of develop her own identity and alias/codename off of that, though.

It's not unheard of but it is stupid. 

@Timandm said:
    How about SHE-Hawkeye?   LOL!!!  (I was just commenting on the name of Red She-Hulk.)  I agree with you, it's (as Socrates would have said) stupid to have two Hawkeyes...  Getting past the idea that someone would use a bow and arrow to fight crime in a high tech world where a gun could easily fire 'trick bullets" it's kind of hard to accept that Kate can't come up with another super hero identity...  Let's see if we can help her:  - Arrow - Cupid... or She-Cupid.... Cupidess... - Artemis - Trick-shot... What with him being dead and all you'd think the name would be up for grab. - Twang... - Long Bow - Cross Bow - Archer... She-Archer...Archerette?  Archess? - Huntress... It's only currently being used in the DC universe so it should be okay.
    I would like if they gave her Trickshot's name.Nobody really knows who he is anyway.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Didnt the name also belong to Bullseye for an extended period?

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Lance Uppercut
    @Gambler said:

Didnt the name also belong to Bullseye for an extended period?

Yeah, when he was pretending to be Hawkeye in Dark Reign. 
    Lion_Heart22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lion_Heart22

Hawkeye did said he likes the name "Hawkette" for her hehe

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#10  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @Vance Astro said:
    @The Dark Huntress said:

It's not unheard of but it is stupid. 

@Timandm said:
    How about SHE-Hawkeye?   LOL!!!  (I was just commenting on the name of Red She-Hulk.)  I agree with you, it's (as Socrates would have said) stupid to have two Hawkeyes...  Getting past the idea that someone would use a bow and arrow to fight crime in a high tech world where a gun could easily fire 'trick bullets" it's kind of hard to accept that Kate can't come up with another super hero identity...  Let's see if we can help her:  - Arrow - Cupid... or She-Cupid.... Cupidess... - Artemis - Trick-shot... What with him being dead and all you'd think the name would be up for grab. - Twang... - Long Bow - Cross Bow - Archer... She-Archer...Archerette?  Archess? - Huntress... It's only currently being used in the DC universe so it should be okay.
    I would like if they gave her Trickshot's name.Nobody really knows who he is anyway.

oh god yes. i hate it when two people share the same title. Trickshot would definitely be a better way to go
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#11  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I love how Marvel doesn't care if there are two Hawkeye's, but when there are two Captain America's it's a big "no, no"; I mean seriously, what the heck Marvel...? I don't see Kate Bishop getting a freakin' hammer to the chest......

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dex_Starr

I'd prefer it if they gave her a new name but I don't see it happening.  I don't think she's a significant enough character to warrant a new identity. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
    deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

I liked Hawkingbird. That name was awesome.

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By COBRAMORPH

@Dex_Starr said:

I'd prefer it if they gave her a new name but I don't see it happening. I don't think she's a significant enough character to warrant a new identity.

Neither is Hawkeye either. He was pointless in the two movies. (so Far).

As for Trickshot, some how I dont see them giving a younger girl a name with trick in it. I'd say call her Quiver, but even that is sexual.

Or they could use some archer terms from other languages or cultures. Artemis/Diana for example.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Blood1991

Hawkeye is fine. If it changed I would prefer something like Pinshot, Sureshot, or just Bow.

Adriana_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Adriana_Fox

I kind of love that Kate totally has the hots for an older man. Not that that pertains to this thread.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Blood1991

@Adriana_Fox said:

I kind of love that Kate totally has the hots for an older man. Not that that pertains to this thread.

I wouldn't say she has the hots for him. Just thinks he is good looking

Now Marvel Boy

She has the hots for him.

Adriana_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Adriana_Fox

@Blood1991 said:

@Adriana_Fox said:

Now Marvel Boy

That is pretty epic...But you really don't think she's a little in love with Hawkeye?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Blood1991

@Adriana_Fox said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Adriana_Fox said:

Now Marvel Boy

That is pretty epic...But you really don't think she's a little in love with Hawkeye?

No. I think she respects him and when he f__ks up it hurts her because of that respect. She might have a little crush, but nothing she isn't professional enough to handle. Kate's relationship with Clint is great for both of them. Clint needs a woman around he doesn't want to sleep with and Kate still has a long way to go with men. Her origin alone makes her mentorship with Clint show the strength of her character.

Yai_Inn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Yai_Inn

Kate is Hawkeye. Hawkeye is Hawkguy.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Blood1991

@Yai_Inn said:

Kate is Hawkeye. Hawkeye is Hawkguy.

Fraction's sense of humor is catching on lol. Hawkeye gets both. Kate Bishop is officially Katie Kate

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PrinceIMC

I wanted her to be Mockingbird, she's got freaking photographic reflexes so it woulda been perfect but then they brought Bobbi back to life. I think though she should come up with a new identity beyond just archery. Not quite Taskmistress or anything like that. Or hell let her become the new Ronin.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By Yung ANcient One

I'm glad you brought this up. I been thinking about this for the longest. I think she should be called "Precise" cuz she is always on point. XP... buttah besides that I don't think they'll change her name. "Hawkeye II" would be acceptable for me too. (+)

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By queenfrost_

I like it just being Kate Bishop!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Bump because I just started reading the series/ Just hit volume 2 and I like them both being Hawkeye.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kate Bishop doesn't need someone elses codename.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@dernman said:

Kate Bishop doesn't need someone elses codename.

I wish Kate had her own codename. I think "Precise" would be great on her. She could start wearing pink or crimson.

( + )

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.