Follow

Kate Bishop

Character » Kate Bishop appears in 656 issues.

Inspired by Clint Barton, Kate took up the mantle of Hawkeye and became a member of the Young Avengers. When Clint returned, the two of them struck up an on-again, off-again partnership, with Clint supporting her as she becomes more and more involved in the world of the Avengers.

How much screentime should she share with Clint in the new book?

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Redberry

I'll only pick up the new Hawkeye because of Kate. I know Clint is the lead character, but I don't want her to just be a sidekick. She needs to have her own storyline instead of just supporting him. I'm tired of dynamics of Batman and Robin where Batman does all the work while Robin play assist. Both Clint and Kate are too stubborn to listen to anyone. I don't want Kate to just obey Clint. I want to see her get up in his face whenever they disagree on something.

Cosmic_Hobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Cosmic_Hobo

I didn't even know there was a new Hawkeye series coming out. Sweet :)

I can never decide if I like Kate. I want to, as I'm an archer myself, and characters like her let me pretend I'd be useful in some way if super villains ever attacked (I would die while still stringing my bow no doubt) but I found her introduction to the Young Avengers so ridiculous that I never really got over it.

Still, more Hawkeye - woo!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Kate needs to change her name.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Redberry

@Vance Astro said:

What's wrong with "Kate Bishop"? :p

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By RedQueen

@Vance Astro said:

Hawkeye II? In all fairness, Clint died. Kate became Hawkeye. Clint came back and became Ronin. Kate should be able to claim "Hawkeye" as her title. The mantle had been passed down, CB shouldn't be able to just take it back off her. ;p

And besides, Mockingeye or whatever the Young Avengers briefly called her is not a good name.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BaBaBoom

@RedQueen: She should be called Sharpeye (if that isn't taken yet). I think Hawkette (the name Speed called her) is just Speed teasing her but I kinda like it better than Hawkingbird.

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RedQueen

@BaBaBoom said:

@RedQueen: She should be called Sharpeye (if that isn't taken yet). I think Hawkette (the name Speed called her) is just Speed teasing her but I kinda like it better than Hawkingbird.

Ah, that was what I was thinking of "Hawkingbird"....Hawkette would be better. I was thinking something along the lines of bird of prey related like Talon, since she also works with swords...but this was X-23's name for a while, and many others (inc. DC).

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BaBaBoom

@RedQueen: I like Hawkette but it sounds so much like a side-kick name to me. Hawkeye and Hawkette sounds similar to "Batman and Robin," "Green Arrow and Speedy," "Flash and Kid Flash." Get what I'm trying to say? Talon is already taken isn't it? Isn't the character that came from the Court of Owls named Talon? Or is it Owlman? She does also work with swords but I only seen her use it efficiently once and most of the times she uses it she either drops it or gets knocked out because, god forbid, she can't hold her own with a sword against an unarmed opponent for some reason. I actually liked the idea of making her a fencing hero and call her the Swordswoman.

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RedQueen

@BaBaBoom said:

@RedQueen: I like Hawkette but it sounds so much like a side-kick name to me. Hawkeye and Hawkette sounds similar to "Batman and Robin," "Green Arrow and Speedy," "Flash and Kid Flash." Get what I'm trying to say? Talon is already taken isn't it? Isn't the character that came from the Court of Owls named Talon? Or is it Owlman? She does also work with swords but I only seen her use it efficiently once and most of the times she uses it she either drops it or gets knocked out because, god forbid, she can't hold her own with a sword against an unarmed opponent for some reason. I actually liked the idea of making her a fencing hero and call her the Swordswoman.

Exactly, she needs to be defined as a hero in her own right. Especially with the Young Avengers disbanding. Hawkette would not be a great name in that case. Yep, Talon is being used by a character from the Court of Owls...but Marvel could take it right? Bolded: Which is strange because she is proficient in fencing (not exactly the same but you get the idea). She should be, but isn't. If she was proficient in archery and swordsmanship it would make her slightly different than Hawkeye, and not simply his sidekick/ward. Not that I don't the idea of Clint and Kate working together.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BaBaBoom

@RedQueen: I want to see Clint train Kate because, as Bucky Cap told Clint waaay back in Dark Reign, his title (Hawkeye) was given to a girl with little experience and official training. But not in a hero/sidekick way but in a mentor/apprentice way. I want to see him and Kate have a Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi relationship. With Kate having the lead role and the support role to Clint advising her and, sometimes, helps her if she struggles but still, ultimately, let Kate finish the challenge. Then after that she could either Hawkeye or her own persona. The only chance I'm going to see this happen is in an alternate timeline story or if I get a writing job in Marvel.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.