Follow

Kaine

Character » Kaine appears in 430 issues.

Kaine was the first clone of Spider-Man created by the Jackal. He was suffering from clone degeneration and became an assassin and spent years tormenting his clone brother, Ben Reilly. He has since taken up the mantle his now dead brother as the new Scarlet Spider.

What is happening to Spider books? Can we save them?

TobenRacicot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TobenRacicot

So, this has me deeply concerned. First off this is purely speculation but I am entitled to speculate.

I have a deep fear the Scarlet Spider will end up following the trail of Venom off the cliff. Scarlet Spider, let's be honest, is AWESOME. Great art, great writing, Kaine is a BAMF. I love having a book that is out of New York but tied to the Spider mythos.

I can only assume Venom went down due to sales. I was enjoying, not as well as other arcs, what Bunn has been currently been doing. However, I argue once again that the change of location mixed with a fresh batch of characters is great. MARVEL GET MORE CHARACTERS OUT OF NEW YORK. As much as I love "team-ups" and such, I didn't really like seeing Silver Surfer in Daredevil. Though i loved seeing Daredevil in Deadpool. So it works for me in some cases but doesn't in the other.

I have loved that Scarlet Spider and Venom, in a sense except maybe Circle of Four, has avoided being joined by big character which we all know is a tactic to boost sales.

I even thought it was really interesting to have the cross over between Venom and Scarlet Spider. I think I need to read it again but I liked it.

Thus back to the front idea, is Scarlet Spider doomed to suffer the same fate as Venom?

What can we do to save this great book?

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Why people say they will cancel it? Do we have something official at hand? Or we speculate that SS will suffer Venom's fate?

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Why people say they will cancel it? Do we have something official at hand? Or we speculate that SS will suffer Venom's fate?

Speculation. I don't Marvel will cancel two spider books around the same time but I do fear that SS won't make it another year. Not much we can do honestly

Vaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vaccine

Scarlet Spider has been great for me thus far. It has elements that I sort of sought after in comic books. I really hope that it does not get cancelled. The Minimum Carnage arc was cool but I prefer stories/arcs that revolve around Kaine solely.

TobenRacicot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@vaccine said:

Scarlet Spider has been great for me thus far. It has elements that I sort of sought after in comic books. I really hope that it does not get cancelled. The Minimum Carnage arc was cool but I prefer stories/arcs that revolve around Kaine solely.

yeah it has for me as well. it was actually kind of surprising. i thought it was going to rely heavily upon New York heroes and such. But again i really love that he is in his own area! And dealing with some heavy subjects. Like human trafficking. Kinda freaky. I do not know whether or not it will last, but i'm going to keep recommending it. I want it to stick around.

cdeoleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By cdeoleo

Does anyone have the latest sales numbers for scarlet spider?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.