Follow

Kaine

Character » Kaine appears in 430 issues.

Kaine was the first clone of Spider-Man created by the Jackal. He was suffering from clone degeneration and became an assassin and spent years tormenting his clone brother, Ben Reilly. He has since taken up the mantle his now dead brother as the new Scarlet Spider.

So, it's over...

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

If all good things come to an end, what must happen to great things? So many unanswered questions, so many stories that could be unraveled, but the numbers have spoken. It doesn't sell. D..n you, Kaine. Just don't become a villain, man.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Blame that one the writer's inability to draw in enough readers to support the series. Success or failure of a titled series rests with the writer.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

@darthfury78 said:

Blame that one the writer's inability to draw in enough readers to support the series. Success or failure of a titled series rests with the writer.

Your ignorance is offensive.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@waezi2: Um, his ignorance being offensive? Where it came from was kind of in the statement.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

to be fair darthfury is that dude who wanted kaine and moondragon to become sidekicks and lovers.......

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@x35 said:

to be fair darthfury is that dude who wanted kaine and moondragon to become sidekicks and lovers.......

I thought he just stuck to the Spider-Man board with that stuff with him pushing Black Widow and Psylocke to become crime fighting partners and going on dates with each other because apparently you have to go on dates with superheroines to be friends? But they can't be lovers.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn:

from the other thread he offered these pearls of wisdom to marvel's marketing department!

The reason why both Venom and Scarlett Spider got cancelled could be attributed to the fact that none of the writers seem interested in bringing in a larger reading audience. For example, Scarlett Spider could have brought in a few characters from the X-Men, Avengers, and Spider-Man's rogue galleries and allies. Imagine if Kain was working alongside Mystique and the Taskmaster, as well as Moondragon? As for Venom, imagine if the symbiote was able to regrow Flash's legs, as well as working alongside Dr. Don Blake, Robin Vega, and Longshot? I think that the writers for these titles do not know how to promote their books in the same manner as Dan Slott. The key to a successful series in not just about writing a good story dialog; it's about the ability to attract a wide audience from the most popular comic titles and bringing some of those related characters unto their title series. I am sure that if the writer for Venom had brought in the Black Cat and Menace, it might have increased sales; especially if the Toxin symbiote was on Julia Carpenter instead of Eddie Brock.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x35: wrong 100% this book was loved by so many for keeping kaine FAR removed from the marvel U , look at the supporting characters Yost has crafted for this story, this book having Wolverine didnt boost sales nor did having The Superior one stop on .Marvel should have more faith in its titles not named avenger or x-men

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Well I think he might become the next Venom,the Superior Venom but I don't want that to happen.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Can I just ask, is there a good jumping on point after #5, and is it alright for someone who doesn't really read Spider-Man comics?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@v_scarlotte_rose: You could start from issue 17, and it's the series is okay for anyone who hasn't read much Spider-Man.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Could you recommend anything between #5 and #10. It's just that I noticed a couple of days ago that the Spider-Man reprint series in the U.K. has been printing it, and the current issue includes #5. It's also just started printing the last Amazing Spider-Man arc, so I was thinking of buying it for that, so was just curious as to whether it would be worth continuing to buy for Scarlet Spider issues.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x35: whoops blind rage and all =p terribly sorry

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@v_scarlotte_rose: While you could jump on at around 7 I would recommend starting at issue 1 if at all possible as it gives a good condensesed summary of Kaine's background and introduces a few key characters.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@strider92: That makes sense I suppose. If I start reading now and like it enough, I'll see about getting the earlier few issues. The U.K. reprints can be weirdly difficult to get back issues of sometimes though, so I may have to consider just getting the first TPB.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21  Edited By Strider1992

@v_scarlotte_rose: Lemme guess Astonishing Spider-man printed by Panini? Yeah its a pain in the ass to get any kind of back issue. I just by them of eBay now.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I learned that darthfury is an oddball

@v_scarlotte_rose: Lemme guess Astonishing Spider-man printed by Panini? Yeah its a pain in the ass to get any kind of back issue. I just by them of eBay now.

They still sell those comics?

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: Yeah, Panini print quite a few Marvel series at the moment.

@strider92: Yeah, that's it. If I'd been keeping an eye on what issues they were printing, I may have started sooner. I'm curious to see if Scarlet Spider lives up to the hype it gets.

d_bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so as someone picking up the trades will the third volume be the last one?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.