Follow

Kaine

Character » Kaine appears in 430 issues.

Kaine was the first clone of Spider-Man created by the Jackal. He was suffering from clone degeneration and became an assassin and spent years tormenting his clone brother, Ben Reilly. He has since taken up the mantle his now dead brother as the new Scarlet Spider.

Regarding the new series

WildValentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By WildValentine

I don't read ANY Spiderman comics, I don't know why - he's just never appealed to me. I always saw him as a comic character for younger audiences and I prefer a bit more mature/darker tones. So when Kaine's comic was announced, and I found out that it was written by Christopher Yost, I was IMMEDIATELY interested. 

My question is, do I need to read up on anything to start this new series? Also, for those who have read it, is it worth it? I love Chris Yost, as his work with Tim Drake was legendary.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Strider1992

You may want to read the "Spider-Island" arc to understand how Kaine got where he is now but from what i've heard his distant past is going to be explored a lot during this series so you won't have to go back to the "Clone Saga" if you don't want to.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Video_Martian

@WildValentine: You should check out some of Spider-Island, at least.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Strider1992

Oh and you may also want to check out "Point One" it'll give you a feel for the kind of character Kaine is.

No Caption Provided
    WildValentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By WildValentine
    @mr.obvious: @Strider92: Thanks so much for your help, guys! Just lastly, did you guys enjoy the first two issues? Worth picking up?
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Strider1992

@WildValentine: I enjoyed both the issues. As you're new to the character I would recommend picking up issue 1 as it sets the stage and tells you a little bit about his past. If you have the spare cash pick up both but definitely pick up the first it'll give you an idea as to whether you like the character or not and save you from buying another comic you're not interested in.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.