Follow

Kaine

Character » Kaine appears in 430 issues.

Kaine was the first clone of Spider-Man created by the Jackal. He was suffering from clone degeneration and became an assassin and spent years tormenting his clone brother, Ben Reilly. He has since taken up the mantle his now dead brother as the new Scarlet Spider.

Mark Of Kaine

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Strider1992

Ok quick question.

During his early years as a malfunctioning clone of Peter the mark of Kaine left a sort of scarring:

and sometimes when he was about to use it his hand would glow (Mark of Kaine Part 4/4 his hand glows yellow just before he uses it).

I believe it was concluded that it came from his ability to stick to walls.

If thats the case why when Peter did it to Sasha Kravinoff did it leave a bloody hand print rather than the scarring we were previously seeing:

We all know Kaine still has this ability as he used it to shave his beard in Scarlet Spider #1 and I believe he began to use it here in Scarlet Spider #2 against Salamandar:

Is this just different artistic representation or is there something I've missed?

The_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Madness

I was wondering this too. It was suposed to be because his hand sticks to their face and then he pulls it off.... At least thats what I thought. Now it seems to burn, as it almost a human torch power or somthing, cause he most certainly didn't pull his beard off.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Phaedrusgr

If it's an active skill, Kaine could control the damage/effects of his mark.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

I don't remember Kaine's hand ever glowing inside an actual story...I think that was just for the cover...it is an extension of his wall crawling ability...because of the degeneration his powers were souped up...so his spider sense became precognitive vision, he was stronger than Peter and Ben and he was able to scar people with his sticky hand lol....I think it was artist interpretation when Peter did it to Sasha and much better appearing than Kaine's original scars since it looks like Peter ripped off a few layers of skin

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Strider1992

@danhimself said:

I don't remember Kaine's hand ever glowing inside an actual story...I think that was just for the cover...it is an extension of his wall crawling ability...because of the degeneration his powers were souped up...so his spider sense became precognitive vision, he was stronger than Peter and Ben and he was able to scar people with his sticky hand lol....I think it was artist interpretation when Peter did it to Sasha and much better appearing than Kaine's original scars since it looks like Peter ripped off a few layers of skin

This thread doesn't matter now as Marvel stated that Spider-man uses electro-static force to cling to walls. Kaine just uses said force offensively.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@Strider92: So, Pete could theoretically use it in the same way, since it's an "active" skill, right? Very interesting. I think with Kaine/new Scarlet Spider we will have the chance to discover more things concerning Spiderman too. Let's keep digging, boyos!!!!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By TDK_1997

I think it's from the artist's perspective.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By InnerVenom123

Either way, this power is f**king cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.