Follow

Kaine

Character » Kaine appears in 430 issues.

Kaine was the first clone of Spider-Man created by the Jackal. He was suffering from clone degeneration and became an assassin and spent years tormenting his clone brother, Ben Reilly. He has since taken up the mantle his now dead brother as the new Scarlet Spider.

Keep the New Warriors alive thread.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
    MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Part of a campaign too keep this awesome book alive.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Pictures made by @waezi2 and @hayley566

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I will try and make another one tonight.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Yung ANcient One

I love y'all trying to go out swinging but your fighting the inevitable. I honestly think fans of series should check out comichron dot com every month to see the guest sales of their favorite series and users should talk about their favorite series online more.

I don't know how many people complained about Superior Spider-Man and Avengers Arena but it felt like it was every day. That gave both the books a lot of hype. I can't remember users talking about Scar Spider (Kaine) solo series nor Agent Venom series as much as users complained about Avengers Arena or Superior Spider.

I know users will hate me but I blame the fans. If fans shared online as much as haters shared online things would be different.

Example most lovers of a series post OMG you have to read.

Most haters of a series post this is so awful look at this *insert scan* and complain about key plot points.

I think if New Warrior fans were like Oh eM Gee you have to read this series look *insert scan* then maybe the series would have lasted a bit longer. (+)

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Keep the book alive for the Speedball and Hummingbird ship!

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one:

There's still two months and I'm not giving up until the final issue has been passed. Scarlet Spider was great. Hell I'm glad it lasted as long as it did. 25 issues isn't too bad. I blame more of the saturation of Avengers and X-men titles.

IMO they've become somewhat too big. The 3.99 price tag is also a factor as well as the lack of promoting the book. So if we're going down we're going down swinging. I was able to convince someone on Deviantart too give it a chance. As for it being "inevitable" I don't believe that.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm real sorry about this, I wish there was another place for them at Marvel

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

I tried the series and as a Kaine fanboy i tired my upmost to like it. I really really wanted to like it but I just don't. I'm a big fan of Yost and Kaine but this series just doesn't do anything for me.

All I can hope for is Scarlet Spider Volume 2.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

So many things left unsaid.

Beata

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@master_of_suprise: I respect that. Do your thing my doode. However, even though I do agree that MARVEL has too many X-Men and Avengers titles, I think they only do because they definitely sell.

New Warriors, Scar Spider, Agent Venom, Fearless Defenders, She Hulk, Moon Knight, and et cetera are just books that MARVEL uses to test the waters as I previously stated.

AND, like Stride posted before, I am a fan of Kaine and Yost's writing but New Warriors didn't do it for me. I'm sure I'll try to collect the trades later solely for Scar Spider but... I wasn't ever excited to check online to see what fans thought of the series.

I still respect what your doing though bro. (+)

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.