Follow

Kaine

Character » Kaine appears in 430 issues.

Kaine was the first clone of Spider-Man created by the Jackal. He was suffering from clone degeneration and became an assassin and spent years tormenting his clone brother, Ben Reilly. He has since taken up the mantle his now dead brother as the new Scarlet Spider.

End is near

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mrgreenlantern

This is seriously a crossroads for me ,I have always and will always be a fan of comic books but they just cant kill off The Scarlet Spider for a second time..I got into comics back with ASM 400 *the cover just spoke to me as a kid* I guess you can just call it fate dumb luck or just the great randomness in this universe,Whatever the reason this book introduced to none other than the Scarlet Spider! I took to Ben like a dog takes to a bone. At first I couldn't wrap my head around why there was two spidermen running around at the same time, regardless of the two spidermen I was hooked!

Ben went on to become spiderman for a short period of time which I loved btw =p"his costume was just boss" I guess you can say I like Peter Parker but just not as the OTHER Peter Parker's

fast forward to 2011..... I'm walking past my LCS and just decide to check it out for my first time in probably 5 years. I walk around looking at everything from the toys to the TPB then i make my way to the back shelf with the new comics on the shelves, my eyes scan across the shelves for anything new reader friendly....hmm new52 dc comics "i might just pick these up" I said to myself , then just as im ready to turn and leave what do i see on the shelf? None other than Scarlet Spider #1

No Caption Provided

As a fan of ben I just had to have this book, Low and behold I read the book and the Scarlet spider was none other than the clone I couldn't care any less about at the time, it was none other than Kaine!

This post ended up being longer than I anticipated, the point I was trying to make is Scarlet got me interested in comics to begin with and it also brought me back after a long hiatus. I'm not sure where this leaves me when buying marvel comic books , I can honestly say I feel betrayed by the lack of faith Marvel put in this book, then on the other hand they renumber a title like captain marvel who's numbers are consistently lower than Scarlet Spider

cmon marvel are you really going to take this away from us for good?

See Dan this = good
    See Dan this = good

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It's official, Kaine is the Scarlet Spider appearing in NW. I've just read it. That's something...

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Gonna miss this book a lot.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phaedrusgr: !!! are you referring to the scarlet letters a the end of issue 24? that was a nice tease to get us to buy NW 1 but im worried the continuation from 25 will be kaine dying 1st page of new warriors or something along those lines

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Webhead_99

@mrgreenlantern: I've said this before but after whatever horrible thing happens at #25 I think Kaine is going to at least try to kill himself (hence the cover). Whether he succeeds or not could be shown at New Warriors. Maybe someone else like Madame Webb will give the costume to another Spider.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8008s: Nah, I don't think so. Kaine will be there. Yost really like this character, I don't think he would kill him like that. I believe Kaine has another chance for redemption or succeeds in getting it at #25. I'm clearly optimistic.

fivestarga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like you all Ive really enjoyed this book. I got the first issue for free on a whim and was hooked right in. It quickly took Venom's place as my favorite read. The freshness of his series will be missed....here's to the new warriors I guess.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm starting to think you may be right in your assumptions. I'm afraid Kaine won't make it after all...don't know...

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.