Follow

Kaine

Character » Kaine appears in 430 issues.

Kaine was the first clone of Spider-Man created by the Jackal. He was suffering from clone degeneration and became an assassin and spent years tormenting his clone brother, Ben Reilly. He has since taken up the mantle his now dead brother as the new Scarlet Spider.

Character's I'd like to see

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Strider1992

I was just reading the synopsis for Scarlet Spider #5 where it mentions the Avengers have noticed Kaine's actions in Texas. It got me thinking as to who i'd like to see Kaine interact with during this series. Here's my top 5:

Doctor Octopus

Kaine did kill Doc Ock back in the clone saga so I doubt Octavius is going to be to happy about that. It would also be interesting to see if Kaine would hold back against him (having already killed him once).

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Shannon/Muse

This is kind of a long-shot and probably most likely forgotten but during his time as the degenerating clone he was saved by a mutant (at least I think she was a mutant) called Shannon/Muse they even got quite close, heck she kissed him. I'd be interested to see if she'll return.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Spider-man

C'mon this doesn't really need a reason, a team-up between Kaine and Pete would be awesome. Also i'd like to see how Peter will react to Kaine now he's trying to be better person. I doubt he'll be to nice considering all the things Kaine has done in the past.

Kraven

I think Kaine owes Kraven some payback after what happened during Grim Hunt and Kraven probably won't be too happy that there are two Spider-men running around out there who could put him down.

Black Cat

This is more just out of plain curiosity than story premise. We all know Felicia has a thing for Spider-man but Kaine really isn't anything like Peter so i'd be interested to see how she'd react to a more brutal, less forgiving version of Spider-man. Would she recognize his voice as Kaine is Pete's biological double?

Who would you guys like to see and why?

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By X35

Patrick! They need to have a bust-up over the Scarlet Spider name.

No Caption Provided
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Strider1992

@X35: Where is he now anyway? Haven't heard anything about him in a while.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By X35

@Strider92: He's still a member of the not-very-present-or-active New Warriors. Since Initiative though, he's kinda vanished into obscurity like half the cast of that book have. With that said, he was in the Youth in Revolt series during Fear Itself a fair bit.

It just seems like a decent stand-alone issue of Scarlet Spider could have him showing up to confront Kaine about stealing his name and after a fight they bond because they're both clones and then go their separate ways. It really writes itself...

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Strider1992

@X35: Ah yeah I remember now. Didn't he get beaten up by Crossbones?

Actually it would be interesting to see how Patrick reacts to someone "stealing" his name.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By The_Martian

X-23

I think that X-23 and Kaine would be a interesting pair, both being clones of Marvel's most popular characters. Not sure what would bring them together for a team-up or fight, but I'd like to see it.

Morlun

Perhaps he still has a taste for spiders, but found one he thinks might be an easier target.

Punisher

People are going to be punished...and pissing themselves.

The Hand

I don't know. I just want to see how Kaine deals with the hand. I have a feeling he won't be just leaving them KO'd or tied-up like most heroes would.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Strider1992

@Nobody said:

The Hand

I don't know. I just want to see how Kaine deals with the hand. I have a feeling he won't be just leaving them KO'd or tied-up like most heroes would.

As in these ninja dudes?

If so its perfectly possible that it could happen as they might not take to kindly to Kaine stabbing one of their men and chucking him off a roof.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Martian

@Strider92: Wasn't the Hand, but the Assassin's Guild made me think about them appearing.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Strider1992

@Nobody: In the second panel he refers to himself as "a ninja of the hand" I just thought that meant he was part of them as the Assassins Guild is made up of freelancers.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Martian

@Strider92: Oh, that guy personally. Yeah, he was a Hand ninja. But I'd like to see more than one. Like an army of Hand Ninjas.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Nobody: It was a Hand ninja, he was just part of the Assassins Guild also 

@Strider92: Doc Ock will be dead after Ends of the Earth so I cant see that showdown happening 
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Strider1992

@Nobody: Yeah an attack by the Hand would be good to see. As you said Kaine isn't going to KO them judging from what we've seen him do to one of them.

@spiderbat87: Ah I forgot about that..... Thats a shame.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Martian

@spiderbat87: Yeah, me and Strider misunderstood each other. I thought he thought the Assassin's Guild was the Hand. lol

@Strider92: Maybe we could get Elektra or whoever is leading the Hand right now. I kinda lost track after Shadowland.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By X35

Since Kaine has a thing for redheads and has already had a run-in with The Hand...

Typhoid Mary by Ale Garza
    Typhoid Mary by Ale Garza
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Nobody said:

@spiderbat87: Yeah, me and Strider misunderstood each other. I thought he thought the Assassin's Guild was the Hand. lol

@Strider92: Maybe we could get Elektra or whoever is leading the Hand right now. I kinda lost track after Shadowland.

The Kingpin is the leader of the Hand now 
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Martian

@spiderbat87: Thanks :)

ColonelRunAway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By ColonelRunAway

Janine/Elizabeth Tyne

No Caption Provided

We never really got to see what became of her after she went to prison, but we know she planned on reuniting with Ben the moment she got out. Now that he's gone, she probably doesn't have a whole lot of contacts besides Kaine, the guy who kept kidnapping and trying to kill her. He's more-or-less kept his promise to reform, but could that be enough for her to see some of Ben in him, or would that just make him more painful for her to be around? And would Kaine be able to stand spending time with someone who'd remind him of all the wrong he once did?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Nobody said:

@spiderbat87: Thanks :)

No problem 
    Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
    GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By GrandSymbiote94
    No Caption Provided
    Judas the Traveler
    Judas the Traveler
    Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Strider1992

Another character that springs to mind is Black Tarantula. It wouldn't be hard to integrate him into the story. Carlos is Mexican isn't he? Houston/Texas borders Mexico doesn't it?

Win! This character is underused and pretty damn awesome!

Purgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Purgy

@The_Martian: Now that's a ideal, maybe Gambit and Kaine could do a team up if dealing with them. Bella Donna X3

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Strider1992

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

Judas the Traveler
    Judas the Traveler

What the hell happened to this guy!? I haven't seen him since before/during the clone saga.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RoboShark

@The_Martian said:

X-23

This would be interesting.

GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

@Strider92: Idk. His wiki said one of his followers betrayed him and he ran away or something like that. But I thought he was pretty interesting when he Peter on trial and made Kaine his lawyer.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Strider1992

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@Strider92: Idk. His wiki said one of his followers betrayed him and he ran away or something like that. But I thought he was pretty interesting when he Peter on trial and made Kaine his lawyer.

And I thought it was hilarious with Carnage as a witness.

GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

@Strider92 said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

And I thought it was hilarious with Carnage as a witness.

I thought Carnage was the prosecutor.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Strider1992

@GrandSymbiote94: Doesn't really matter who he was the whole the idea of Carnage being sane enough to appear in any court is just funny.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.