Follow

Justice Society of America

Team » Justice Society of America appears in 1370 issues.

The Justice Society of America was the 1st super team in the DCU. Currently, they are a large group of crime-fighters that are protecting and rebuilding Monument Point following a catastrophic battle. The emphasis here is on training and preparing the next generation of heroes.

Why dosen't the JSA get more respect?

KINCART

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 35

#1  Edited By KINCART

The Justice Society of America was the first superhero team in history with their first appearance in All Star Comics #3 in 1940 and they have lasted (on and off) till today? You would think that owning a team with that much history would be something to be proud of so why is it that the JSA and most of its members did not get a shot in the NEW 52? I know that DC is bringing back Earth 2 but i think it's kinda disrespectful to keep treating the JSA like the number two team when they were the first team because without them there would be no JLA (or JL now). I just think this team deserves more credit than what it gets from DC but maybe I'm wrong.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Well it's confusing really, JLA were the Earth-1 team whole JSA were the Earth-2 Team, (Or maybe its the other way around but whatever)

And JLA are just more marketable, The JSA were made simply for the 40s and were replaced by the JLA during the Silver Age.

HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HumanNumber

I enjoyed the most recent JSA series, it was pretty cool.

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Miss_Garrick

Jsa is my most favorite super team ever, and Golden age Flash is my most favorite superhero. I wish Geoff Johns didn't stop writing the series. It had some epic stuff!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

i still think the new 52 should have made the JSA the first superheroes, NOT Superman, and got rid of all this Earth 2 mess for good, Superman, Batman, Ww etc could have been the second wave of heroes since the JSA's retirement 

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Adnan

I would've thought fans of the JSA would be happy that it's set in Earth-2. The writers will have more control over continuity consistency if there aren't all these other goings-on being written about at the same time.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By the_tree

@The Stegman said:

i still think the new 52 should have made the JSA the first superheroes, NOT Superman, and got rid of all this Earth 2 mess for good, Superman, Batman, Ww etc could have been the second wave of heroes since the JSA's retirement

I would've liked this a lot more. Taking them out of the current universe sucks.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Superguy0009e

well, it is possible they can return, it is comic books after all, one universe bla bla bla, and they are back

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.