Follow

Justice Society of America

Team » Justice Society of America appears in 1366 issues.

The Justice Society of America was the 1st super team in the DCU. Currently, they are a large group of crime-fighters that are protecting and rebuilding Monument Point following a catastrophic battle. The emphasis here is on training and preparing the next generation of heroes.

Justice Society Of America #29 Reviewed

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

What do you think of the Justice Society Of America?  They're a team that has quite a bit of history.  It seems that people don't usually get too excited over them.  It's crazy how many members they have on their team.  If you haven't read before, now could be a good time to start.  Issue #29 is the beginning of a "new era."

How does the JSA compare to the JLA?  Have you read this issue?  Do you think the member that got caught from behind will survive or is this another comic book death?
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1  Edited By jefprice

I'll be honest I've been trying to get back into DC and I just can't do it. It's seems like they've gotten more campy and B movie then ever. Maybe it's just cause I've been away from them for so long.

I did like your point of how many guys they send, I thought that was pretty funny.
    Kashimu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kashimu

Finally back on the reviews? That's great news!

I was deciding whether or not to buy this issue. But I tried to wikipedia some history of Justice Society and I just didn't find it interesting enough. Also, what is the roster for the justice league currently? Is Justice League going to get "a new era" soon?

harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By harleyquinn12

I should pick this up,especially because Cyclone's in it.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Kashimu said:
    " Finally back on the reviews? That's great news!I was deciding whether or not to buy this issue. But I tried to wikipedia some history of Justice Society and I just didn't find it interesting enough. Also, what is the roster for the justice league currently? Is Justice League going to get "a new era" soon? "
    It does feel like it's been a while since we've done reviews.  Comic-Con kinda took over and then I took a few days off.  We're back.  I might post a second review later today.
    Joe Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Joe Venom

Im really enjoying the JSA , the first issue I ever read was #25 and decided to stay on it for an arc or two and I have a feeling this story could seal the deal for me. I think the feeling in enjoy the most is being so left in dark about everything that is going, because as its been said there are lot of members on the team and I only know about three of them tops, so I don't know what expect after see everything that went down in this issue, but I have a feeling it will be awesome.

Citizen 14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Citizen 14

I might get it. Nothing coming out Wed. interests me too much. (that I can think of currently.)
    I have JSA 1-7 but I stopped for some unknown reason, So maybe time to get back into them.
    Good to have the reviews back. I've missed them.

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Bruce Vain

I think that's a main reason why I've always loved JSA cause it was more of a family of super heroes. Each hero carries on the lineage of their family member of that hero.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck

I'm just waiting to hear if the certain character that got it from behind is really out for the count.

Perspective91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Perspective91

Yeah thats some pretty cool Art!

Archetype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Archetype
    @G-Man: I doubt it one of the best Docs is there(Mid-Nite) and there's no way they would kill him, he is just too terrific and the way in which he was injured just wasn't fairplay.Other than that I don't particularly care for the new characters but that ambush was sweet.I certainly don't know my villains as well as my heroes though because I never heard of most of the villains.Also I agree about not really have much of a connection to the characters other than Flash,Wildcat,or Green Lantern.
    Sasuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sasuke

I love JSA i have been reading scene the lighting saga cross over with the JLA.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pixelized

King Chimera = <3

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13  Edited By DMC

This was a good issue but I might pick up JSA  down the road, maybe

deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

I'm slightly underwhelmed by this issue. I'm not a fan of Gog. And i'm not sure i want to go where Team Willingham is going. I had stayed away because of the whole Kingdom Come storyline. I really don't want to see Kingdom Come folded into the DCU...

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Media_Master

The art alone looks good enough to buy.
    MJ Styles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MJ Styles

JSA really has been a very good comic.  You guys should really pick up the early Robinson & Johns TPs.  I've always found JSA to be a bit more enjoyable than JLA, especially in recent years.

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Moomin123

The JSA are cool. They're pretty awesome to say that they're the 1st superhero team still in action. My favourite JSA member is Dr. Mid-Nite, he kicks arse. I also like Alan Scott. 
    I bet that at the end of Blackest Night, that all the Black Lanterns will become normal again and that Kal-L will rejoin the JSA. Kal-L was a JSA member wasn't he?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.