Follow

Justice League: Throne of Atlantis

Movie » Justice League: Throne of Atlantis released on January 27, 2015.

The Justice League must team up with Aquaman, the heir to the throne of Atlantis, to stop an apocalyptic war started by his brother, Orm the Ocean Master.

Why Justice League: Throne of Atlantis is a Big Deal

• 91 results
    crak0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Young Justice - the movie... One can only dream...

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

didn't know it came out this month. got to save my pennies

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@crak0 said:

Young Justice - the movie... One can only dream...

Still waiting for Judas Contract...

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Cyborg has the worst pose I have ever seen! He's not a chick so why are they giving him a butt and boob pose?

Krypton-115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still dissapointed Green Lantern isn't on thr cover.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilowog52: what? you think they'll give Cyborg the throne of Atlantis, or give it to Batman to rule Atlantis? Give me a break, this is an Aquaman movie with the JL guest starring. It's very clear, man.

comicsdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally something to cheer about for us closet Aquaman fans!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
    deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King Arthur...

LORD OF THE MUTTON CHOP

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Puts on Aquaman shirt and hat* I'm a ready!

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By StarBrand1

@jonny_anonymous:

this is a case when personal ideals for charecters get in the way of a real judgement. In no way shape or form was son of batman a bad movie. It's ok to not like something, but to label something "beyond bad" is simply ridiculous.

In reality, there has not been 1 bad DC animated film. Some are better than others, but all of them are enjoyable and accessable.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@starbrand1: I'm going to say you are in the minority on this

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By StarBrand1

@jonny_anonymous:

Im going to say that no, i am not. Only online to i hear people talk like you. most people i meet outside of online have nothing but amazing things to say.

As far as a young justice movie.... i would disown all of my family and punch a nun or 2 to get my hands on it!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#64  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@starbrand1: You realise that the people online also exist in real life, right?

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So true hopefully DC animated movies can go further so more people can be introduced to some awesome characters. Still waiting on a good teen titans movie, or finally they can animate day of vengance.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Loading Video...

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
    deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starbrand1 said:

@jonny_anonymous:

this is a case when personal ideals for charecters get in the way of a real judgement. In no way shape or form was son of batman a bad movie. It's ok to not like something, but to label something "beyond bad" is simply ridiculous.

In reality, there has not been 1 bad DC animated film. Some are better than others, but all of them are enjoyable and accessable.

I disagree. I thought both Justice League: War and Son of Batman were quite bad. Flashpoint, while not bad at all, wasn't all that interesting outside of the scenes with Batman and Flash.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#69  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

DC's biggest problem with most of their animated movies is the lack of loyalty to the source material (The Dark Knight Returns and Under the Red Hood are main examples of loyalty). Take a wild guess why we buy the DVD? Because we want to see the awesomeness we've been reading come to life.

Son of Batman had the audacity to make Deathstroke equal to Damien. It is very obvious nobody at DC knows who Deathstroke is. He's not Bane part 2. Can someone over there read Identity Crisis!

Arkham was pretty cool but it took place in a video game world. Who gives a rip about the Arkham universe. The habit of making a comic for every video game/movie/show is a waste of company time and resources. Plus it's ultra freaking lame. Focus on the singular universe that you desperately need to succeed in order to catch up to the movie BILLIONS Marvel is making.

Take an awesome storyline and make it a movie. I don't want to hear the director's little spin on things or character swaps so he can put his stamp on it. Make a solid product and you will be stamped as great.

STOP MAKING SUPERMAN FILMS! I have downloaded everything DC has ever animated. Ever notice the first 5 minutes of every Super-movie starts with a cocky Lois getting saved in a helicopter over Metropolis? Metallo, Parasite and Bizarro are not worthy villains. Make them go away. Lobo sucks, period. Give me a good pre-52 Zod story like war of the Supermen or whatever that was called. The best part of every Supe movie is Lex. I LOVE the animated Lex. Make his villains cool like Batman so we don't yawn our way to the conclusion.

Stop making Batman a stubborn 9 year old when he's with the league. Ever see JL: Doom? It's all possible because they make Batman act like a b-leaguer in the first 10 minutes. Ever notice how much of a jobber Batman is when he's with the league?

They should animate the entire Geoff Johns GL run. Amazon loves me this holiday ordering the majority of his run. Sinestro Wars, Blackest Night and War of the Green Lanterns were A+++ reads. They should do Knightfall, all three Crisis movies, more earth 3, Salvation Run, Return of Bruce Wayne, ya know...big stories that rocked. What about Kingdom Come or Villains United or Forever Evil!? Please please please make a movie that involves every member of the Bat-family, not eternal. Batman Eternal is a great read but it's just another Batman story with 48 ziggity zags along the way.

If I ran DC, I'd be pumping out more at least 5 DVD's a year. 1 Batman, 1 JL and 3 others (2 Pre-52 and 1 New 52).

I remember them saying (at the panel after the Justice League: War screening) they really want to make a movie inspired by Kingdom Come but it's a matter of getting animation that'll do the story justice.

lemonsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Shazam wearing a breather? He shouldn't need one, like Superman.

selfproclaimed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By selfproclaimed

i am really exited for this movie aquaman is one of my favourite characters

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
    thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@thewalkingdeadpool18: If you didn't like them that's fine, and they did have problems, but they were still well made enough to be considered good films. As a whole there really aren't any "bad" DC animated films. Some are less enjoyable then others, but at the end of the day I don't think any could be described as bad.

thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: No they have quite a few bad movies like War and especially SOB if you liked them that's fine but they had too much wrong to be considered good movies.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewalkingdeadpool18: If you want movies with too much bad, check out some of Marvel's animated films, those are films that I just can't describe as good (not all of them though, they do have some great, and fairly good ones).

thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Marvel also making bad movies doesn't make DCs bad movies good they're still crap movies since Flashpoint.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By MAZAHS117

I hope this is good, I felt Justice League: WAR was sub-par to what we normally receive from WB/DC animation.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@captainmarvel4ever:

Marvel needs to make a animated movie about The Watcher dieing and the different events that followed involving Spider-Man, Thor and Ironman/Hulk. That's bound too be good.

@thewalkingdeadpool18

I Really don't see how they were bad movies. Jl War especially. It was a very enjoyful movies. If I had to say the biggest problem it may have been the voice actors for Darkseid and Batman. Son Of Batman wasn't that Bad either. The worst thing about it was that horrible Deathstroke. Both have good animation Decent story at the very least, and awesome action. They aren't under the Red Hood or JL Doom but they are both still pretty ok

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I'll never under stand why they don't put the whole team on the cover. Shazam can be right be side Superman Flying. Flash On the other Side of Aquaman and GL in the middle of Superman and where I said Shazam should be.

Harryvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Agree! The art screamed "ICONIC". Wasn't Kingdom Come the story where Grodd drilled a hole in Aquaman's head in an attempt to acquire his telepath secrets, killed him and then the league found out he can regenerate? Or was it The Kingdom? For some reason that stood out the most. I have way too many Graphic Novels....

Harryvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: Marvel needs to make an animated movie that doesn't look like the early days of South Park. The End.

comicbook_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By comicbook_fan

@dark_stranger:

I disagree. The trailer looks interesting and the comic story was incredibly fun to read. I trust this studio to do it justice.

IronAngel89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, I won a chance to go see this in New York, I've already raised $100 for travel costs and I need help getting more for hotel and transportation. So, yeah, I'm begging lol I've never been to NYC before. Check out my MoviePilot article:

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/01/08/please-help-send-me-to-nyc-for-red-carpet-premiere-2569548?lt_source=external,manual

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is anywhere near as sh*t as Son of Batman was I'm asking for a refund.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree. I thought both Justice League: War and Son of Batman were quite bad. Flashpoint, while not bad at all, wasn't all that interesting outside of the scenes with Batman and Flash.

Well Flashpoint was decent, but I think they botched up the other scenes. Or that could be because I'm too biased with the comics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was nice to see Aquaman kick some butt but other wise it was pretty boring. I liked JL: War a lot better.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wasn't bad at all. I was able to watch this last night. As i expected it focused mainly on Aquaman. I enjoyed it. I can't honestly say i haven't liked any of the DC animated films. I thought they were all good.

They really kick marvels ass when doing them that for sure.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Awesome article but sadly I found the movie pretty average.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@farkam said:

It was nice to see Aquaman kick some butt but other wise it was pretty boring. I liked JL: War a lot better.

As did I.

addikhabbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman was bloody retarded in this film! Getting your ass kicked by Ocean Master? Really? Ah well...

Loading Video...

But at least I've got this going for me which is nice.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By DBVSE7

Problem with DC are their biggest Icons.. they focus to much on them becuase it's what their groupies want.. rather than having some variety.

Even when DC does show variety, the results are average.

I wouldn't be surprised if DC has more casual fans than MARVEL.

But, that's just my opinion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.