Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Would you want BioWare to make a Justice League game?

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just wondered what your thoughts were on a Mass Effect/Dragon Age style Justice League game?

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends, I suppose. What kind of game are we talking about? FPS, third person, platformer? I think an FPS could be cool. But not as any of the Leaguers, as a potential League member. You could name your character and choose its sex, but that's where it ends. Then you are given a specific power set and fight along side the league. It should be an open world game. Something where you have to run around a city and save people from burning buildings, stop bank robberies, etc. It should start as you being a start up superhero and then after a few levels the League contacts you for membership. Actually, that sounds pretty dope.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm cool with Justice League getting a game from any studio right now to be honest. But it has to be FPS where you play as league members and you keep switching them as the story requires. for example, first "episode" would be in gotham so you have to play as Batman, during this mission you send help to superman and you get trapped ib a building with it blowing down on you.It suddenly turns to Superman where you recieve batman's call and fly from Metropolis to gotham and there is a time limit of 20 minutes and there are some submissions where you have to look through a couple of buildings and save some people and stuff. When you reach near the area where batman is you have to save him and stuff. wow that's not a bad plot

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abdullahzubair: I think that would be cool, but I think to make a game like this good you would need to focus on one power set lest it becomes just another unsuccessful superhero game. If you switch between too many powers or too many characters, the developers wouldn't be able to perfectly develop them. That's why I think it should be a brand new league member introduced and then they could have tie in comics up the wazoo!

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd rather game studios stick to their own IPs over making tie-ins to other franchises.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj_was_here: yeah but people want to play as flash green lantern and superman and wonder woman. What would be the powers of this new member. Why would he or she be joining? Why would people want to play as her?

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather them just make a Superhero game without any ties to anything.

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JJ_Was_Here

@abdullahzubair: I don't know what the powers would be. But it would have to be something that's a mix between Batman and Superman for it to work in an FPS, I think. And I get that people want to play as their heroes, but a full game endeavor like that with focus on too many powers sets would get muddled. They wouldn't handle it right. But fighting as a new member would fix all that. You could level up with experience and blah blah blah. Maybe have your own city when you aren't Justice Leagueing it.

As for the story, who knows? Maybe it's a member drive. Maybe the first few levels are you taking care of your city and learning your powers (controls) and then you are approached by the League. From there it could be a more open world experience (ala Far Cry) with set League missions. Shoot, get it started now and you could get it released around the same time the movie comes out.

@FearTheLiving : Like Infamous? Love that series.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I'd rather see a Rocksteady Justice League game

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What would they have to offer to a JL game?

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JJ_Was_Here

@silverpool: It's one of those things that because they've done so well with Batman people are attached and want them to helm everything. Or are you not referring to Shazam and are instead referring to the OP?

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool: I don't think they should go that route. So my answer to you would be, for me, they would just be making a generic game. But an FPS could immerse you in the world. It could be a fourth wall breaking experience. It could draw you in and make you feel like you're part of the team. And being that it's an FPS you would never see the character's face (unless you could use a camera to make it yours) so it could be anyone. I don't know. I'm in total comic nerd mode right now. Why can't I be a Justice Leaguer? I kick ass lol (not really)

bobthened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOOOOOOO!!!!! it would never work. a game would never be fun playing as someone as powerful as most of the members of the JLA.

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bobthened: That's what I'm saying! New character!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.