Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Wonder Woman and the Nature of Friendships on The Justice League

• 61 results
    OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OutlawRenegade

There are a lot of characters in the DC Universe who call each other best friends. It's one of the the aspects of the shared universe that brings fans back for more. But I've found that in every best friendship in the DCU, there are always three elements in common.

1)There is always some unifying theme between the best friends.

2)There is always a mix of different personalities between the friends.

3)There are usually distinct costume elements the characters have in common.

4)They have complimentary power sets and/or skill sets.

Here are some examples of what I'm talking about:

Their unifying theme is Light and Darkness. You could also say it's Powers vs No Powers. Clark is the more optimistic and trusting person, while Bruce is the realist who is slow to let anyone in. Costume-wise, their belts look similar. They both stomp around in boots and armor. They both have chest symbols. And they both have capes.

I could do three or four different versions of this one. Instead I'll go with Hal and Barry. Their unifying theme is Space and Time. You could say close range vs long range too. Both have a Fight AND Flight fighting style. Both have energy based powers. Hal is the West Coast, joker, flirt. Barry is the Midwestern, naive, straight-man. The have very simple form fitting costumes, no undies (ever), masks, and circular chest symbols.

Their unifying theme is Knight and Archer. One is liberal and the other is conservative. They're fantasy characters pulled into the present day. The both wear Green and have strong fantasy elements to their costumes.

Geoff Johns has stated that these New52 darlings will be best friends. Their unifying theme is Science and Magic. They're both very big guys. But they are still young. Cyborg is the role model superstar. Shazam is the bad boy joker. You can see a lot of Jack Kirby elements in their New 52 costumes. You can see similarities in their color schemes (red and white), they both have glowing chest symbols, they both have unique footwear, and they both have wrestler style belts.

Now we get to Wonder Woman. Who is or could be her best friend? Is there anyone with a complimentary costume, unifying theme, complimentary power set, and complimentary personality?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Green Arrow and Hawkman are friends in the reboot? Weird...

Bludhaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bludhaven

Awesome thread. I always thought that Wonder Woman and Aquaman are quite similar in that they both have super strength, experience in close range combat; Aquaman with his trident and Wonder Woman with her sword. Not to mention both have strong ties to existing mythologies, Aquaman with Atlantis and Wonder Woman with amazonian/greek mythology.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I don't think Batman has best friends

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By comicace3

I like this thread it's pretty cool.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#6  Edited By Black_Claw

Those are some nice looks at friendships! I personally think that Wonder Woman's best friend should be either Black Canaray or Zatanna.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Superdork

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

According to Justice League 10, they are. They have a history of being good friends. They even had several books about it.

@Bludhaven said:

Awesome thread. I always thought that Wonder Woman and Aquaman are quite similar in that they both have super strength, experience in close range combat; Aquaman with his trident and Wonder Woman with her sword. Not to mention both have strong ties to existing mythologies, Aquaman with Atlantis and Wonder Woman with amazonian/greek mythology.

I would also say Wonder Woman and Aquaman. They have the mythology/royalty thing going. One has a bird theme while the other has a fish theme. One wears a red top and navy blue bottom. The other wears an orange top with greep bottoms. Both use weapons. They have a sea and sky thing going. Arthur is quicker to anger than Diana but Diana seems like she's quicker to kill IMO. And they have pretty royal names: King Arthur and Princess Diana. It's almost eerie. I knid of wish Diana had a female of her stature though, and she and Aquaman don't hang out much...

Wonder Woman
    Wonder Woman
    No Caption Provided

I would like to see a Martian Manhunter and Red Tornado friendship.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And there's still Fire, Ice, Vixen, and Godiva--the Spice Girls.

No Caption Provided
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Superdork: regardless I choose to believe they are not friends

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Black_Claw said:

Those are some nice looks at friendships! I personally think that Wonder Woman's best friend should be either Black Canaray or Zatanna.

I like the Warrior and Wizard combo with Zatanna. That would be a pretty cool pair. Xena meets Sabrina.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SandMan_
    @Jonny_Anonymous said:

Except Superman.
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@SandMan_ said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Except Superman.

except I don't believe that

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SandMan_
    @Jonny_Anonymous said:

@SandMan_ said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Except Superman.

Alright...But its right there and Batman said it. :D
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@SandMan_ said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@SandMan_ said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Except Superman.

Alright...But its right there and Batman said it. :D

I know and I think it's a crappy idea, I think they should respect each other but not actually like

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SandMan_
    @Jonny_Anonymous: Its always been there my friend. SIlver Age, Bronze, Pre-52. Maybe it was like that in GA...I don't know.
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@SandMan_: not always, on Azzarellos run on Superman, his Joker and Lex Luthor: Man of Steel Superman and Batman didn't really get on, same with Kingdom Come and Beyond and Dark Knight Returns

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SandMan_
    @Jonny_Anonymous: Then I guess its depending on the writer...
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AtPhantom

Green Arrow and Hawkman? LOL

The only interesting interaction here is between Batman and Superman, mostly because it's as complex as the characters themselves. The rest? Nobody cares. The 'friendships' wouldn't add anything to the characters in question other giving them a foil on some superficial matter that is clearly obvious from the start. Some of the characters even have a lot better pairs than the ones presented. The relationship between Green Lantern and Green Arrow was ten times as interesting as anything Flash and GL did together.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OutlawRenegade

I prefer Superman and Batman as friends myself. Only the best, brightest person could break through Bruce's armor and be his friend. That's why they team up so often and trust each other. That's how it's always been and always should be.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AtPhantom

Post-Crisis the idea was that Batman and Superman only tolerate each other. This held on for a long time, at least a decade before their relationship warmed up.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SandMan_
    @AtPhantom said:

Post-Crisis the idea was that Batman and Superman only tolerate each other. This held on for a long time, at least a decade before their relationship warmed up.

That was at the beginning right?
    OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@AtPhantom said:

The only interesting interaction here is between Batman and Superman, mostly because it's as complex as the characters themselves. The rest? Nobody cares. The 'friendships' wouldn't add anything to the characters in question other giving them a foil on some superficial matter that is clearly obvious from the start. Some of the characters even have a lot better pairs than the ones presented. The relationship between Green Lantern and Green Arrow was ten times as interesting as anything Flash and GL did together.

I think you're missing the point. Superman/Batman is the dark, complex relation, yes. But not every friendship is or needs to be.

Flash and GL, Booster Gold and Blue Beetle, and (probably) Cyborg and Shazam are comedic relationships that show the lighter side of comics and create mutual fans between similar fanbases. The don't all need to be complex. In real life, they usually aren't. It's cool to see heroes hang out and have a good time.

As for Hawkman and Green Arrow, I think that's better than GL/GA because then you actually have a political counterpoint instead of Hal always being schooled by the educated liberal. With HM/GA, you can tell both simple buddy cop stories where HM is Bill O'Reilly and GA is Jon Stewart, or you can really talk about the political climate in our country and around the world. Superman/Batman don't have that overtly political dynamic.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Superdork: regardless I choose to believe they are not friends

but they've been friends for like....ever

@Superdork said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

According to Justice League 10, they are. They have a history of being good friends. They even had several books about it.

@Bludhaven said:

I would also say Wonder Woman and Aquaman. They have the mythology/royalty thing going. One has a bird theme while the other has a fish theme. One wears a red top and navy blue bottom. The other wears an orange top with greep bottoms. Both use weapons. They have a sea and sky thing going. Arthur is quicker to anger than Diana but Diana seems like she's quicker to kill IMO. And they have pretty royal names: King Arthur and Princess Diana. It's almost eerie. I knid of wish Diana had a female of her stature though, and she and Aquaman don't hang out much...

Wonder Woman
    Wonder Woman
    No Caption Provided

I would like to see a Martian Manhunter and Red Tornado friendship.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And there's still Fire, Ice, Vixen, and Godiva--the Spice Girls.

No Caption Provided

Red Tornado is on Earth-2 so that probably wont happen. The Aquaman/Wonder Woman thing could be awesome be cool....i wonder if Aquaman still has a crush on Diana like he did pre-reboot..

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Avenging-X-Bolt: depends on the writer

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Avenging-X-Bolt: I bet everyone has a crush on Wonder Woman. But Aquaman is truly in love with Mera completely...

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@AtPhantom said:

Hal and Ollie were hardly ever a friendship, it was mostly just Ollie being a hypocritical douche and Hal putting up with it for no visible reason.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: depends on the writer

most of which depict them as friends. some rough beginnings to be certain.@OutlawRenegade said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: I bet everyone has a crush on Wonder Woman. But Aquaman is truly in love with Mera completely...

agreed. but you cant blame the man for noticing some of the other fish in the sea.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By SUNMAN

@OutlawRenegade: outside of these friendship pairs

There is the budding relationship of Superman and Wonder Woman:

No Caption Provided

Johns has clearly established Batman is clearly the defacto leader. Superman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg all follow his lead. Aquaman challenges his leadership and Hal Jordan just doesn't follow anyone's orders, but Batman is still the leader of the Justice League

No Caption Provided

I also think Batman is trying to subtly push Cyborg to reconnect with his father.

Outside of that the Justice League is surprisingly distant from one another almost cliquish.

Wonder Woman- outside of Superman new 52 Wonder Woman isn't really close to nay of her other team mates

Superman- buds with Batman, starting a relationship with Wonder Woman that's about it

Batman- buds with Superman, self imposed leader, spies on his teammates

Aquaman- wants to be leader, has no problem ordering others but a little distant and secretive.

Cyborg- communicates with his teammates in more of a coordination role or to help them out with his cyberpathy. Outside of that only people he probably converses with about non superheroics is Batman and his father. Has a strained relationship with his father, doesn't seem to be close with the others. Flash just found out he lives in the Watch Tower for the past 5 years.

Hal Jordan- friends with Barry, likes to mess with Batman, doesn't really take things too seriously or know much about his teammates.

Flash- friends with Hal................ yeah that is about it. Clearly hadn't been talking to Cyborg much.

Even after the Graves arc it doesn't seem like the team has become any closer except for Superman and Wonder Woman

As far as similar pairings go I'd say:

Mythology& Magic- Aquaman, Shazam and Wonder Woman

Tech/Gadgets- Batman and Cyborg

Regular human- Batman and Hal Jordan.............(I guess you could count Cyborg if you want the same way you would count Ironman but I wouldn't)

Super strong flying tanks- Superman, Wonder Woman and Shazam

Blasters- Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Superman

Dead parent(s)- Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Aquaman, Flash, Hal Jordan

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

agreed. but you cant blame the man for noticing some of the other fish in the sea.

Lol, I see what you did there =P

@SUNMAN: The Throne of Atlantis arc takes place right after the Vheetah arc, in which we see Flash, Cyborg, Superman, and Wonder Woman become a tighter team who care about helping each other with personal villains and personal problems. It's likely that we'll see these 5 get a lot closer. I bet Aquaman qill quit after this arc. The solicits kind of hint at it. And once Cyborg expands the Justice League and connects with the rest of the DCU, you know he'll be close to a lot of people (Batman, Flash, Shazam, Element Woman, etc.).

And I'm not connecting them based on things in common--just the people who are actually considered close in the DCnU (except the Cyborg/Shazam thing hasn't happened yet).

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AtPhantom

@SandMan_ said:

@AtPhantom said:

like I said, post COIE, ran for about a decade.

@OutlawRenegade said:

I think you're missing the point. Superman/Batman is the dark, complex relation, yes. But not every friendship is or needs to be.

Flash and GL, Booster Gold and Blue Beetle, and (probably) Cyborg and Shazam are comedic relationships that show the lighter side of comics and create mutual fans between similar fanbases. The don't all need to be complex. In real life, they usually aren't. It's cool to see heroes hang out and have a good time.

As for Hawkman and Green Arrow, I think that's better than GL/GA because then you actually have a political counterpoint instead of Hal always being schooled by the educated liberal. With HM/GA, you can tell both simple buddy cop stories where HM is Bill O'Reilly and GA is Jon Stewart, or you can really talk about the political climate in our country and around the world. Superman/Batman don't have that overtly political dynamic.

But then why assign themes to them if all you're going for is light comedy? There's no reason whatsoever. Booster and Beetle didn't have a theme. They just clicked together because they're comedy gold. GL and Flash don't have a theme either (No, Space and Time isn't a theme). They're just friends because... I don't know, Johns likes them both? The point is that what you're suggesting is attaching characters together not because they work great off each other or because they make for great storytelling, but just because they have a narrow line of divide, which would inherently limit the scope of their interaction.

Basically, you're going about it all wrong. Rather than letting characters evolve into relationships naturally, you're setting up a thematic pattern and hammering them down into holes which may or may not fit.

Also, Hawkman is A) not really politically charged, and B) almost as interesting as a sack of hammers, so any relationship with him is doomed to boredom.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@AtPhantom said:

@SandMan_ said:

@AtPhantom said:

like I said, post COIE, ran for about a decade.

@OutlawRenegade said:

But then why assign themes to them if all you're going for is light comedy? There's no reason whatsoever. Booster and Beetle didn't have a theme. They just clicked together because they're comedy gold. GL and Flash don't have a theme either (No, Space and Time isn't a theme). They're just friends because... I don't know, Johns likes them both? The point is that what you're suggesting is attaching characters together not because they work great off each other or because they make for great storytelling, but just because they have a narrow line of divide, which would inherently limit the scope of their interaction.

Basically, you're going about it all wrong. Rather than letting characters evolve into relationships naturally, you're setting up a thematic pattern and hammering them down into holes which may or may not fit.

Also, Hawkman is A) not really politically charged, and B) almost as interesting as a sack of hammers, so any relationship with him is doomed to boredom.

Barry and Hal have been Close friends since the Silver age. I said Space and Time is their theme because of the type of stories they are involved in. Barry is the fastest Man Alive but he's always late. And he can time travel. Hal is a space cop who needs space because he can't commit to serious human relationships.You could also look at them as the 1950s good cop/bad cop .

Hawkman has been a known conservative since the 1970s. It's just not as played up as Green Arrow. But the two never get along because of their political ideologies. This was even highlighted in Smallville.

Booster and Blue did have themes. They were called Blue and Gold, and they had a jock and nerd friendship. It was always brains and brawn. It didn't have to be deeper than that because it was entertaining at the end of the day.

Johns said that Cyborg and Shazam would be friends and Shazam's magic would affect Cyborg's tech. I find their relationship interesting because Billy is now the source and king of magic, while Victor can interface with and adapt to any technology on earth. He's basically the deus ex machina. Putting these two together automatically makes their relationship interesting.

And it's just interesting to see how writers can play with their themes.

Superman and Batman are the prototypes for the light and dark heroes. Hal and Barry were born from 1950s science fiction when science was a big part of America's role in the world--especially outlandish stuff. Green Arrow and Hawkman both became political in the political turmoil of the 1970s under the pen of Denny O'Neil. Booster Gold and Blue Beetle and your standard 1980s buddy cops. Cyborg and Shazam represent the most popular movie stuff and video game of today Epic Fantasy (The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, etc.) and Epic Science Fiction (Mass Effect, Halo, Robocop, etc.). I'm just pointing out there's a lot of pop culture and history for future writers to mine from in future stories. It's not worth getting worked up over.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@OutlawRenegade said:

There are a lot of characters in the DC Universe who call each other best friends. It's one of the the aspects of the shared universe that brings fans back for more. But I've found that in every best friendship in the DCU, there are always three elements in common.

Their unifying theme is Light and Darkness. You could also say it's Powers vs No Powers. Clark is the more optimistic and trusting person, while Bruce is the realist who is slow to let anyone in. Costume-wise, their belts look similar. They both stomp around in boots and armor. They both have chest symbols. And they both have capes.

I could do three or four different versions of this one. Instead I'll go with Hal and Barry. Their unifying theme is Space and Time. You could say close range vs long range too. Both have a Fight AND Flight fighting style. Both have energy based powers. Hal is the West Coast, joker, flirt. Barry is the Midwestern, naive, straight-man. The have very simple form fitting costumes, no undies (ever), masks, and circular chest symbols.

Their unifying theme is Knight and Archer. One is liberal and the other is conservative. They're fantasy characters pulled into the present day. The both wear Green and have strong fantasy elements to their costumes.

Geoff Johns has stated that these New52 darlings will be best friends. Their unifying theme is Science and Magic. They're both very big guys. But they are still young. Cyborg is the role model superstar. Shazam is the bad boy joker. You can see a lot of Jack Kirby elements in their New 52 costumes. You can see similarities in their color schemes (red and white), they both have glowing chest symbols, they both have unique footwear, and they both have wrestler style belts.

Now we get to Wonder Woman. Who is or could be her best friend? Is there anyone with a complimentary costume, unifying theme, complimentary power set, and complimentary personality?

Goff Johns hinted at a Green Arrow/Simon Baz friendship in the new JlA series

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SandMan_
    @AtPhantom: Yes....I do remember something like that. But then they became bff.
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SUNMAN

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

link?

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@SUNMAN said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

link?

http://geek-news.mtv.com/?p=96325

here's one but im sure there was a better one, ill keep looking.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BlackWind

@Bludhaven said:

This, though I'd strongly like some good interaction with them in the reboot.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Avenging-X-Bolt: yea most but not all, I listed some in the post to that other guy

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By Billy Batson

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@SandMan_: not always, on Azzarellos run on Superman, his Joker and Lex Luthor: Man of Steel Superman and Batman didn't really get on, same with Kingdom Come and Beyond and Dark Knight Returns

Well those aren't in continuity that much :p
    BB

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Billy Batson said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Well those aren't in continuity that much :p
    BB

I know but it;s how I prefer them to be written

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Billy Batson

@Jonny_Anonymous:

No Caption Provided

BB

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Billy Batson said:

@Jonny_Anonymous:

No Caption Provided

BB

Bwahahahaha

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Skunkstein

When did Hawkman and Green Arrow become good friends? I never knew that.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deaditegonzo

In Kingdom Come, Batman and Superman seemed to be closer than all the other Superheroes, except Clark and Diana. Shoot, WW and Superman invited Bruce to the announcement of their child, and made him a godparent. They all seemed really close. So, id say that is a poor example.

I cant really say how I feel about the Batman/Superman friendship, it doesnt bother me, but I could live without it as well. I will say it is one of the ONLY things that makes Bruce dynamic, him developing first a grudging respect, and then a friendship with a being who frightens him and that he sees as one of the greatest potential threats in the world.

Anyway, I want to thank OP, because regardless of what others are saying, this dissection gave me a lot to think about. I honestly never looked too closely at the themes, and I think that is another thing for me to follow and enjoy. And it makes the Superman/WW pairing more interesting as well, as they dont exactly follow this pattern, they are more similar.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Billy Batson said:

@Jonny_Anonymous:

No Caption Provided

BB

LOL WTF?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Billy Batson

@entropy_aegis:

Yeah...they should just hook up.
    BB

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Superdork

@OutlawRenegade said:

Their theme is Princess/Prince or Queen/King or Sky/Sea or Bird/Fish. Their tops are colored differently from their bottoms. They are both mythological and easily fit in the same world. One is new to a magic kingdom while the other is new to the human world. Both are protectors of two worlds that are threatened by one another (Amazons Attack and Throne of Atlantis). WW is red silver and blue and AM is orange green and gold, so they have no overlapping colors. Even their hair colors are different. Visually they are a perfect juxtaposition.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ccraft

Batman and Superman are my favorite bf's. I don't know who Wonder Woman bf would be...

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By darkman61288

Pre Flashpoint it was Superman but now they are a couple : ( So dont know.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SUNMAN

@OutlawRenegade: Are Green Arrow and Hawkman friends? First I'm hearing of it

Also Vic isn't that young. he's got to be at least 22 or 23

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I personally love the Superman/Batman combination because they are literal opposites. 

Superman is powered by light (the sun) Batman gets his strength from the darkness 

Superman is optimistic, cheerful and instills hope, Batman is pessimistic, brooding and strikes terror in the hearts of criminals.  

Clark Kent had a very simple upbringing, Bruce Wayne grew up with riches beyond his wildest dreams. 

Superman has every power under the sun, Batman is mortal.  

Yet they put all of these differences aside and not only work together, but become the World's Finest.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@OutlawRenegade said:

@AtPhantom said:

bu Hal wasn't always schooled.....have you read the stories?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.