Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3323 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

why i think a justice league movie wouldn't work

smcauley600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By smcauley600

so i think it's safe to say we all seen the avengers trailer and i thought it was awesome but it left me wondering if a justice league got the go ahead for a movie would it work. if it was produced by chris nolan and had christen bale as batman that would be good but you'll have to get ryan renolds as hal jorden (which im not a fan of) and when it comes to the new superman time will tell. also who do you think could play the flash, wonder women, aquaman and/or cyborg

at least it wont be that bad compared to this:

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CODYSF

Will see in the future I just hope it will end up good.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Chaos Prime

aslong as it has a solid cast good scrip & lots of $$$ in the budget dont see y a JL film couldnt work imo..
    regardless who plays Batman/Supes etc etc..

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By super_psycho

Why do you think justice league movie wouldn't work? nothing in your post explains anything about it.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By BatteredArmor

NAY SAYER!!!!! It will work you just have to give it a chance.....that or it will fail terribly and we'll all have nightmares....but anyway NAY SAYER!!!!!

*watches video* OH GOD MY EYES no i see why you say nay

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By Timandm

Okay.. so you keep the writers and directors of that project away from anything new.....

A lot of super heros have their share of bad films/movie... Captain America has at least two horrible movies... Batman has that whole sad 60s series.. which..um.. I loved... but it was bad... The first Incredible Hulk Movie??? DAYUM... How do you take a high budget, good actors, a great concept and make such a bad movie? The Hercules movie with Lou Ferigno? I love Lou but... DAYUM.... And have you seen those THOR movies?!?!?!?! OMG!!!!!

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By moywar700

i can see it pulled off, if the movie becomes successful,except many people wearing the logo from superheros

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By luckydomino1

i honestly dont see it working i wouldnt pay to see it if it was a young justice movie i can see this working

SuperAquaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SuperAquaMan

Christian Bale shouldnt be in JL movie. His batman is to realistic and you cant have someone like that acting with dippey ryan reynolds. If they did make a movie it shouldnt be how marvel did it as making movies for each avenger but just het a new cast and make it

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I think having a Justice League movie would work as long as the budget supports the special effects and as long as the script is good and the actors are great.

Avatar image for yumyumbubblegum
    yumyumbubblegum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By yumyumbubblegum

I pity the actor who has to portray Darkseid :D

Avatar image for blacklightning13
    Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Blacklightning13

@smcauley600: Why does it have to be those characters?

superbatprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By superbatprime

Well since OP forgot to say why it wouldn't work... despite the thread title claiming otherwise, I'll tell you why it wouldn't work.

It has to do with something comic book fans forget, ie: John Q Public is who makes millions for movies, not the relatively tiny community of actual fans.

Ok bear with me as I ramble on for a while...

Iron Man, Thor... You want to know the truth?

The mass public didn't have a clue who these characters were before the movies.

Captain America was just a name, the Hulk was just a concept (big green angry guy right? Sure I know who the Hulk is).

Hawkeye? Black Widow? Nick Fury?

Forget it, the masses didn't have a clue.

Thor would have flopped btw, if not for the fact that the public had been shown that something bigger was going on.

But now even the non comic book reader is hyped for the Avengers, Marvel have carefully and patiently joined the dots for the public, gently introduced the characters and established their connections to the big picture, they had a level playing field for each character, no one character overshadowed any other... So in the Avengers, all will be equal in the public eye.

Good job Marvel eh?

DC on the other hand own the two names that everyone knows... Batman and Superman, the public knows them as well as they know Mickey Mouse or Jesus.

They are the great shadows that fall over and obscure any other character DC have (to the public).

Green Lantern was a brave but ultimately doomed attempt to bring another JLA member into the public eye... It failed, no don't argue, it failed... Green Lantern did not become equal to Bats or Supes in the public mind... Fail.

Then there was the Wonder Woman 2011 pilot... Enough said.

DC are both privileged and cursed by their ownership of Batman and Superman, it's the existence of these two that cripple any chance of a JLA movie from working, that dooms any chance of a movie featuring the Flash or Aquaman from being a hit and consequently preventing DC from raising other characters to the same status in the mass media.

Which in turn means that to the public a JLA movie will always be a Superman/Batman movie... with a bunch of other guys.

Sooo... what DC need to do is forget about a JLA movie, forget about trying to beat Marvel at a game Marvel has already won (Avengers about to release, anticipation high and positive, job done) and work towards a Worlds Finest movie instead.

So join me now and purge all thoughts of a JLA movie, join me now and raise your voices so Warner Bros can hear WORLDS FINEST!

Ok I'm done rambling... Jeez I wonder if that all made any sense, hell with it, I'll just hit 'post' and run.

:P

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mega_spidey01

superbatprime has a excellent point for dc characters and their popularity. i would love to see a suicide squad featuring the new 52 characters with Deadshot as their leader.

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TAneT62

Well before they even think of making a JL movie, they would have to make a wonderwoman film, a flash film and a martian manhunter film....

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FearTheLiving

DC won't pull a Marvel. I don't think they have any plans to actually connect all their movies therefore it just be who ever they cast for a JL movie. At leas that's just my opinion if they do I'll eat my words, but to accomplish this they'd have to make a half decent super hero movie that isn't Batman.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#17  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @FearTheLiving said:

DC won't pull a Marvel. I don't think they have any plans to actually connect all their movies therefore it just be who ever they cast for a JL movie. At leas that's just my opinion if they do I'll eat my words, but to accomplish this they'd have to make a half decent super hero movie that isn't Batman.

Watchmen, Constantine....
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By ReVamp

@spiderbat87 said:

@FearTheLiving said:

Watchmen, Constantine....

To be fair he meant in the DCU Universe.

Though it would be interesting to see Constantine in the Justice League. Could definitely work.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@FearTheLiving said:

Watchmen, Constantine....

To be fair he meant in the DCU Universe.

Though it would be interesting to see Constantine in the Justice League. Could definitely work.

I'd like a JLD film, doubt it would happen through
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ReVamp

@spiderbat87: Well I wasn't exactly talking about a Justice League Dark movie, because while that could definitely be done it wouldn't have nearly enough commercial success, unless it would be done really well. I was more thinking about simply including Constantine in the actual Justice League team, which I can see working. Think about it, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Constantine and Aquaman. GL wouldn't fit the dimensions of the movie, because his movie was a completely different beast -- which I don't want to go into. Martian Manhunter and Flash would be somewhat difficult to pull off and give an impression of Power. I think that with that cast they could definitely do something amazing.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87: Well I wasn't exactly talking about a Justice League Dark movie, because while that could definitely be done it wouldn't have nearly enough commercial success, unless it would be done really well. I was more thinking about simply including Constantine in the actual Justice League team, which I can see working. Think about it, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Constantine and Aquaman. GL wouldn't fit the dimensions of the movie, because his movie was a completely different beast -- which I don't want to go into. Martian Manhunter and Flash would be somewhat difficult to pull off and give an impression of Power. I think that with that cast they could definitely do something amazing.

I know, I'm just saying would like one. Hm I'm not sure he would fit in with the JL, his character would have to be watered down ALOT for him to fit in, they would more than likely use Zatana or Fate if they wanted to go down that rout  
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ReVamp

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

I know, I'm just saying would like one. Hm I'm not sure he would fit in with the JL, his character would have to be watered down ALOT for him to fit in, they would more than likely use Zatana or Fate if they wanted to go down that rout

Well, his movie character.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

I know, I'm just saying would like one. Hm I'm not sure he would fit in with the JL, his character would have to be watered down ALOT for him to fit in, they would more than likely use Zatana or Fate if they wanted to go down that rout

Even his JLD character would have to be watered down some, having tantric sex with Zatanna, hating every one on the team and willing to sell them all out for the greater good wouldn't really fit with the grand heroes of the Justice League.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ReVamp

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

Even his JLD character would have to be watered down some, having tantric sex with Zatanna, hating every one on the team and willing to sell them all out for the greater good wouldn't really fit with the grand heroes of the Justice League.

That's why I want him there. He doesn't fit.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

Even his JLD character would have to be watered down some, having tantric sex with Zatanna, hating every one on the team and willing to sell them all out for the greater good wouldn't really fit with the grand heroes of the Justice League.

It would be pretty cool seeing him screw over Batman in some way LOL
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ReVamp

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

It would indeed.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

It would indeed.

I can see it now, Superman swooping in all good and heroic, Wonder Woman smashing through the wall all regal and warrior like, Batman scowling in the shadows all creepy and then Constantine swaggers in half drunk, smoking, all bad attitude and trench coats lol 
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ReVamp

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

It would indeed.

I can see it now, Superman swooping in all good and heroic, Wonder Woman smashing through the wall all regal and warrior like, Batman scowling in the shadows all creepy and then Constantine swaggers in half drunk, smoking, all bad attitude and trench coats lol

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By Funrush

Before I start, let me say that my ideal JL movie roster is Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, and Cyborg. Now, we've had movies for Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern. Rumor has it that we are getting a Flash movie coming up. The only people who don't have movies yet are Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, and Cyborg. I can easily imagine movies being made for Cyborg and Wonder Woman. I see Aquaman being a sort of more obscure movie, but still happening and being successful. Due to the sake of his low popularity and also that all the other actors don't reach their 40's by the time a JL movie is made, Martian Manhunter's movie may just have to be skipped. It's not too big a problem though, because they can explain him in the JL movie, similar to Hawkeye in the upcoming Avengers. If movies for Flash, WW, Cyborg, and Aquaman were made, I can see a JL movie hitting around the 2016-17 mark. Now does that seem far away? Yes. But would you rather the movie flop because the casual Joe Schmo dosen't know more than a half to three quarters of the team? I don't think so. Because if that happened, there would be no JL 2, and we wouldn't eventually see characters such as Green Arrow, Black Ligtning, Black Canary, or Atom. A JL movie would work, though. Maybe we could use the plot for the first 6 issues of the New 52 JL, extend the plot, and throw MM in. It would work, and if supported by public knowledge, people would see it. And if lucky, comic book sales would increase, expanding the industry, and keeping our favorite comics alive longer. I just hope DC doesn't go around changing aspects of the comics to fit the movies so it will be easier for newbies to get in like Marvel is doing.

You know, just my opinion.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#30  Edited By TheCannon

@superbatprime said:

Well since OP forgot to say why it wouldn't work... despite the thread title claiming otherwise, I'll tell you why it wouldn't work.

It has to do with something comic book fans forget, ie: John Q Public is who makes millions for movies, not the relatively tiny community of actual fans.

Captain America was just a name, the Hulk was just a concept (big green angry guy right? Sure I know who the Hulk is).

Thor would have flopped btw, if not for the fact that the public had been shown that something bigger was going on.

But now even the non comic book reader is hyped for the Avengers, Marvel have carefully and patiently joined the dots for the public, gently introduced the characters and established their connections to the big picture, they had a level playing field for each character, no one character overshadowed any other... So in the Avengers, all will be equal in the public eye.

Good job Marvel eh?

DC on the other hand own the two names that everyone knows... Batman and Superman, the public knows them as well as they know Mickey Mouse or Jesus.

They are the great shadows that fall over and obscure any other character DC have (to the public).

Green Lantern was a brave but ultimately doomed attempt to bring another JLA member into the public eye... It failed, no don't argue, it failed... Green Lantern did not become equal to Bats or Supes in the public mind... Fail.

DC are both privileged and cursed by their ownership of Batman and Superman, it's the existence of these two that cripple any chance of a JLA movie from working, that dooms any chance of a movie featuring the Flash or Aquaman from being a hit and consequently preventing DC from raising other characters to the same status in the mass media.

Which in turn means that to the public a JLA movie will always be a Superman/Batman movie... with a bunch of other guys.

Sooo... what DC need to do is forget about a JLA movie, forget about trying to beat Marvel at a game Marvel has already won (Avengers about to release, anticipation high and positive, job done) and work towards a Worlds Finest movie instead.

So join me now and purge all thoughts of a JLA movie, join me now and raise your voices so Warner Bros can hear WORLDS FINEST!

Ok I'm done rambling... Jeez I wonder if that all made any sense, hell with it, I'll just hit 'post' and run.

Good points.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sethysquare
    Who says they need to use the same actors?
    AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#32  Edited By AssertingValor

i wish they had already come out with a live action Justice League film.......

RUKM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RUKM

Chris Nolan's Overseeing it sooooo...

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sethysquare

@TheCannon said:

@superbatprime said:

Good job Marvel eh?

Good points.

Except the very points that you brought up contradicts yourself.

The very fact that Superman and Batman are larger than life goes to show that any movie they're in would be getting any buzz. Be it a world's finest movie or a JLA movie.

Also, the fact that relatively unknown characters like Iron man who can't even sustain another solo series is getting the big screen treatment goes to show the public doesnt really care if the characters are well known or not. Its the plot, the actors and the whole feel.

Green Lantern may have flopped but not because of the reasons you brought about. It didn't resonate with the audience and as much as I enjoyed it, I'll admit there are certain things like the plot that didn't work. Wonder Woman clearly didn't work because the concept of the 2011 pilot was good enough. Should there be a wonder woman movie following the plotline that is in the current new 52 story, with good actors and script, it'll definitely be a hit. Green Arrow would also be getting the small screen treatment and word on the street is that it is coupled with great script and the actors involved are great actors. Its also the frontrunner of all the pilots in CW getting picked up.

So it really comes down to the people in charge of making the scripts and the development. With Christopher Nolans helming the overall incharge of Man of Steel, I can't see why it wouldn't be a hit and how I cant lead in to a Justice League movie. The new 52 is already starting the whole universe with Superman as the world's first superhero then leading it into Justice League. The same could happen to the big screen treatment.

superbatprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By superbatprime

@sethysquare said:

The very fact that Superman and Batman are larger than life goes to show that any movie they're in would be getting any buzz. Be it a world's finest movie or a JLA movie.

Um... that's what I said and the point is it would be (in the public eye) a Batman/Superman movie with a bunch of other guys.

Is that good enough for you as a JLA fan? Because the production will reflect that as the studios and producers attempt to minimize risk and maximize cash cows.

Most John Q Publics think Aquaman is a spoof character made up for the TV show Entourage ffs...

You need to think about this from the point of view of a) producers who want to make box office, b) a comic book fan (the vocal minority audience) and c) the regular public (the majority money...).

As a member of above mentioned category B, would you rather see a World's Finest with Superman and Bats getting equal screentime and dialogue, good casting etc, or a JLA movie where Supes and Bats dominate the screen with the rest of the roster merely supporting cast because the producers want the box office from category C and don't want take a risk with 40 million dollars worth of production moolah?

Not to mention the casting would suck because they don't have a nice preamble of movies and cast already set up and contracted like Avengers.

It's all academic at this point because I promise you, there is never going to be a triple A hollywood JLA movie and anyone who understands that movies are a business knows this deep down (believe me I'll be happy to come back and eat those words in 2020 if it happens... but I don't think so).

To give you an idea of how producers think, let's go back to the Green Lantern movie... You're still thinking like a comic book reader, not like a producer or a JQP.

The plot had little to do with it's failure (some, but not much) after all Transformers was a massive hit and that plot... well, come on.

JQP knows what the Transformers are, it was a massive craze in the 80s, it's carved into the publics mind as a franchise.

Green Lantern? Do you know how many people asked me "isn't that already out?" and I realize they meant Green Hornet... Hell why do you think the Green Arrow tv show is called merely "Arrow"?

Plot had little to do with it, the wasn't enough of an audience to see the damn plot in the first place, the entire production was second tier, the CG was sup-par, the acting was "safe".

The entire movie screamed "we believe this is a risk, so we're going to do this as cheaply as possible".

You may have enjoyed it and consider the only real issue to be a few plot problems, but come on, from the public POV, it BOMBED... there is more to that tragic tale than a few plot issues... like I said, Transformers was a hit... plot has little to do with it.

Producers man,money, marketing and public perception/awareness... Honestly, the only way you'll see a JLA movie before the next century is if you get into film school and become the next Nolan yourself.

That's why, as a fan I believe the best move in terms of making good box office from the public is a World's Finest movie.

I'd love to see a 3 hour multimillion triple A JLA movie just as much as you... but not at the expense of characters I love being relegated to support for the Super/Bat money train.

Stop thinking like a fan for one minute... realize the truth... Movies are a business and it's all about this ---> $$$$

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Skunkstein

I could easily see a Justice League movie fail, but if they have the right talent then it could be a great movie.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sethysquare

@superbatprime said:

@sethysquare said:

Um... that's what I said and the point is it would be (in the public eye) a Batman/Superman movie with a bunch of other guys.

Is that good enough for you as a JLA fan? Because the production will reflect that as the studios and producers attempt to minimize risk and maximize cash cows.

Wrong,

Firstly, you're underestimating Flash and Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman is the first and biggest female superhero. Ask ANYONE, everyone would know who Wonder Woman is. As of such, I highly doubt people would think its Batman/Superman and a bunch of other guys. Even my 60 year old parents know who Wonder Woman is. She is so ingrained in the public's consciousness and such an icon, anytime she changes her outfit, THE HORRORS. Mainstream media is all over the news. Ms Marvel sure didn't get the same treatment. If anything the pilot failed because it deviated too much from the book, it wasn't as close to the 70s TV series and tons of fanboys and girls cried about how plastic the costume is, how ugly the costume fits and the director has to make 3 different outfits just for the pilot. The production cost was too high, costumes were changed, scenes were reshot, plus theres just way too many negativity. Did you really think its because She isn't big enough an icon or as you call it

Not true. It wouldn't be Superman/Batman and a bunch of guys. Plus Flash has his own 90s TV series, he is mentioned time and again in mainstream pop culture. He is an even bigger icon than Green Lantern for sure. Haven't you seen this.

No Caption Provided

Ironman soared to popularity after the movie, but he was never a pop culture icon. Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Hulk, Flash, they're what we would call icons bigger than life. Flash is part of it. Like it or not, Green Lantern was never popular until Geoff Johns took over. But Flash has always been such an iconic character, he isn't as big as Superman/Batman/WonderWoman the trinity, but sure enough people knows who the fastest man alive is.

Most John Q Publics think Aquaman is a spoof character made up for the TV show Entourage ffs...

Most comic book readers also think Aquaman is a joke until recently. So what? Avengers is made up Ironman, Captain America, Thor, Hulk and those other guys. The GA doesn't even know who the hell black widow and hawkeye is. But so what?

You need to think about this from the point of view of a) producers who want to make box office, b) a comic book fan (the vocal minority audience) and c) the regular public (the majority money...).

As a member of above mentioned category B, would you rather see a World's Finest with Superman and Bats getting equal screentime and dialogue, good casting etc, or a JLA movie where Supes and Bats dominate the screen with the rest of the roster merely supporting cast because the producers want the box office from category C and don't want take a risk with 40 million dollars worth of production moolah?

Firstly, there was a plan for a worlds finest, but it was canned, secondly producers who want to make box office would look at avengers and if it does well, we're pretty sure WB would try to cash in on that as well and have their Justice League. Jeff Robinov, CEO of Warnerbrothers, made Diane Nelson the head of DC entertainment and have her report directly to him because he says DC is an are he wants to expand on and he has been talking about a Justice League movie for some time. So yeah as producers who want to make box office, they would pretty much try to emulate Avengers if it does well.

The regular public also would be so much happier to watch a movie with the whole cast. The women especially would want a female character to root for, especially one so iconic everyone knows who she is.

t's all academic at this point because I promise you, there is never going to be a triple A hollywood JLA movie and anyone who understands that movies are a business knows this deep down (believe me I'll be happy to come back and eat those words in 2020 if it happens... but I don't think so).

To give you an idea of how producers think, let's go back to the Green Lantern movie... You're still thinking like a comic book reader, not like a producer or a JQP.

The plot had little to do with it's failure (some, but not much) after all Transformers was a massive hit and that plot... well, come on.

JQP knows what the Transformers are, it was a massive craze in the 80s, it's carved into the publics mind as a franchise.

Green Lantern? Do you know how many people asked me "isn't that already out?" and I realize they meant Green Hornet... Hell why do you think the Green Arrow tv show is called merely "Arrow"?

Plot had little to do with it, the wasn't enough of an audience to see the damn plot in the first place, the entire production was second tier, the CG was sup-par, the acting was "safe".

Lets face it, Transformers was a block buster hit because the first movie was a score and honestly, as a general audience I would think a yellow ferrari that can turn into a robot is so much cooler than space aliens. The first one was a huge hit packed with hot babes, fast cars and TONS of action. The second and third just upped the action, sure the plot suffered, but plenty of the people that watched the movie actually thought it was an action packed movie. While there are both alien origins, GL is more of a scifi film deep space with alien like characters like kilowog and Tomar Re. It could be seen as a little geeky as well. But Transformers had fast cars and hot babes, lotsa action. It was a much better sell.

The entire movie screamed "we believe this is a risk, so we're going to do this as cheaply as possible".

You may have enjoyed it and consider the only real issue to be a few plot problems, but come on, from the public POV, it BOMBED... there is more to that tragic tale than a few plot issues... like I said, Transformers was a hit... plot has little to do with it.

Hello, it wasn't done cheaply the film was easily 200 MILLION dollars, it done with huge budget and one of the best special effects. The reason it failed was just that it didn't resonate with the audience. Plus you're contradicting yourself if you said the public doesnt care about GL therefore if a film is made with him, he would just fade to the background. Why didn't the same happened to Thor and Ironman? The public probably doesn't care about both as well, but face it Ironman is billion air and makes a suit so he can fly and Thor has a great cast and plot. Should GL have been done differently it would've been a bigger hit. But really, GL isn't even really an iconic character at all. For years nobody knew or cared about Green Lantern until they rebooted the franchise. Even Aquaman is more iconic than he is. He even has his own animated series. So WB only had a few years to work with what they had, therefore, he doesn't have the iconic status, so he would need something that sells. If its done more like transformers, up the action, up the sex, produce it more for adults and less for kids, it would be a whole different story.

Producers man,money, marketing and public perception/awareness... Honestly, the only way you'll see a JLA movie before the next century is if you get into film school and become the next Nolan yourself.

That's why, as a fan I believe the best move in terms of making good box office from the public is a World's Finest movie.

I'd love to see a 3 hour multimillion triple A JLA movie just as much as you... but not at the expense of characters I love being relegated to support for the Super/Bat money train.

Stop thinking like a fan for one minute... realize the truth... Movies are a business and it's all about this ---> $$$$

If anything, like I said should the Avengers formula work, there is going to be a huge gold mine for a Justice League movie and traditionally Justice League is a much bigger name than Avengers, it has its own animated series that ran for years, even now teen titans is trying to market itself as young justice for branding. Justice League is a franchise its a brand. My friend actually said I can't wait to watch Justice League next year when its actually Avengers. A Justice League movie would be a bigger project with bigger rewards. But it doesn't matter what you believe because its so much more likely that we would get a Justice League movie than a World's Finest movie. Infact, a Batman/Superman movie, would probably never happen. Just look at the comics now and you can tell Batman and Superman aren't even having a comic together, the huge push for Justice League as the main book connecting every single league member and the whole trinity branding. They even placed Batman, Superman AND WONDER WOMAN on earth 2.

I'm not entirely optimising that we'll get a Justice League movie, but we'll be more likely to get a Flash or a Wonder Woman movie than a Batman/Superman movie, solely because it just isn't feasible as long as The Man of Steel movies are being made and it'll be likely that in the next 8-10 years, we'll see a Superman Franchise, Batman won't take that long to reboot and we'll get to see a whole new take again. So in between that its possible that we might get a Justice League movie, but not as likely to have Batman/Superman movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.