Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3323 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Whois the Justice League's Traitor?

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SUNMAN
    No Caption Provided

The cover to Justice League issue 18 shows us the "Grid", for the first time. Geoff Johns indicates at the ed Justice League # 12 (see above) is the key to expanding the Justice League. He also reveals that one of the new recruits would be a traitor. Do you believe the traitor is on the cover? I don't think we have enough info to make an educated guess at the moment we don't have any evidence of who the traitor might be in the new 52. Element Woman looked like she was going to be a traitor for a second in Flashpoint, but it turned out to be theat magical girl instead so its anyone at this point. I'm interested in hearing your theories.

No Caption Provided

In this cover we clearly see: Firestorm, Batman, Black Lightning, Hawkman, Aquaman, Element Woman, Superman, Zatana, Katana, Shazam, Black Canary, Green Arrow and Wonder Woman on the grid. I think its safe to say none of the founding 7 will be traitors.

If there is really going to be a traitor it will be one of the new members.

Here is the full Justice League roster DC originally teased. Not sure if this is still the ultimate plan for the line up.

Jim Lee's Revamped Revamped Justice League
    Jim Lee's Revamped Revamped Justice League

so with this expanded Roster we have: Deadman, The Atom, Element Woman, Firestorm, Green Arrow, Hawlman, Lady Luck and Mera.

Do you all believe there will be a traitor? If so who do you think it is, and what do you think their motive will be? Predict away!

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Superdork

My best bet for who the traitor is would be Element Woman. She was depicted as being very sweet in Flashpoint but also as off her rocker. On top of that, the Orb of Ra that gave Metamorpho his powers was stolen from the Black Room by David Graves in his campaign against the Justice League (see the 2012 Free Comic Book Day Issue and Justice League issue 7). You can see the elemental rod next to David Graves’s book in Justice League issue 7. We could very well be seeing an updated version of the Judas Contract.

As for motives, not only does David Graves hate the Justice League, he’s also working for Amanda Waller now (Justice League 12). And she really doesn’t trust the Justice League. Furthermore, the US government wants a spy on the Justice League (Justice League 8).

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SmashBrawler

Element Woman would be a huge cop-out.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By arnoldoaad

Its not Element Woman

that would be too obvious, however i bet anything that she will be a red herring on that story

I think is Cyborg, it would make sense on how is that the whole Darksied invasion ended so quickly

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheCrowbar

Vibe!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#6  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

if its Martian Manhunter, ill be very pissed.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Superdork

@TheCrowbar said:

Vibe!

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

They are on JLA, not Justice League.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#8  Edited By Black_Claw

My money is on either Firestorm or Element Woman.

lordgawain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lordgawain

I bet its someone who has close ties to an original member. Im saying its Mera. She had lash out in an early Aquaman issue saying she wanted to kill aquaman. Maybe all her act is a ruse. That would make some interesting reading in aquaman and JL

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By colonyofcells

My guess is Deadman who works with Constantine. Maybe Deadman might also be working with Phantom Stranger.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Twentyfive

Hal Jordan!

Oops.

I meant to say

uh

Aquaman!

Hawkman!!

But on the real, watch it be Simon Baz.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By joshmightbe

I'll say Hal but mostly because I'd love to see the rest of the league beat the hell out of him

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#13  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@SUNMAN: Where do you see Black Lightning?

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JohnnyGat

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Look at Cyborgs left. The face isn't seen but you can make out the pattern on the costume.

My money is on Black Canary.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@JohnnyGat said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Look at Cyborgs left. The face isn't seen but you can make out the pattern on the costume.

My money is on Black Canary.

Oh yea, now I see him. Makes sense if it was Canary since she works/d for Team 7

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Superdork said:

@TheCrowbar said:

Vibe!

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

so are Hawkman, Green Arrow, and Katana its possible that one of them might be put on the other team as a double agent.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Superdork

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Superdork said:

@TheCrowbar said:

Vibe!

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

so are Hawkman, Green Arrow, and Katana its possible that one of them might be put on the other tam as a double agent.

I think that the members teased in the image were originally planned to be on the Justice League, but plans have changed. For example, the owner of Lady Luck is no longer leasing the character to DC. Static is no longer under DC's control either for the same reason. I'm betting that there won't be characters on both Justice League and Justice League of America. So Hawkman and Green Arrow probably are not going to be on the Justice League pre-Trinity War. I mean they are fighting each other in the promo for Trinity War... And they don't even have DCnU costumes in that picture--neither does Firestorm. Obviously DC has changed their minds about some things.

The Justice League traitor being someone of both teams--if that did happen--would be too obvious. And all evidence that Geoff Johns has so far seeded points to element woman. She's working for David Graves. She got her powers from David Graves. People just don't want to accept that.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Superdork said:

The Justice League traitor being someone of both teams--if that did happen--would be too obvious. And all evidence that Geoff Johns has so far seeded points to element woman. She's working for David Graves. She got her powers from David Graves. People just don't want to accept that.

People don't want to accept that because some of us have faith in Johns' storytelling abilities. Like I said, Element Woman would be a huge cop-out because she's a new character. It's like making a team book which you advertise by saying that anyone can die, and then you see that the line-up is composed of a bunch of well established characters and one new character. It's too damn obvious.

I'm not saying Element Woman can't be the traitor, you bring up good points in that regard, I'm saying it would be much more creative if she wasn't the traitor.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By Lvenger

I hate to say it but Element Woman is the most obvious choice at the moment. She's the most logical choice to betray the League and she's attacking Cyborg in the promo for Trinity War. Given Johns' poor quality of storytelling in Justice League so far, that seems like what he'll do.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Lvenger said:

I hate to say it but Element Woman is the most obvious choice at the moment. She's the most logical choice to betray the League and she's attacking Cyborg in the promo for Trinity War. Given Johns' poor quality of storytelling in Justice League so far, that seems like what he'll do.

That doesn't count though, because then Wonder Woman or Aquaman would be traitors as well.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@joshmightbe said:

I'll say Hal but mostly because I'd love to see the rest of the league beat the hell out of him

he isnt even there anymore, give the dude a break.

usabfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22  Edited By usabfb

Why is it that half of the first page guesses characters that are going to be in JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA and not JUSTICE LEAGUE? Anyways, my money is on Captain Marvel.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@usabfb said:

Why is it that half of the first page guesses characters that are going to be in JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA and not JUSTICE LEAGUE? Anyways, my money is on Captain Marvel.

Captain Marvel also makes sense. It would throw some more tragedy Cyborg's way seeing as how the two are supposed to become best friends.

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TimeLordScience

I have a bad feeling that Trinity War is going to suck...

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By colonyofcells

Captain Marvel could be the traitor since he serves the Circle of Eternity who have their own ideas on what to do with Pandora, Phantom Stranger and Question. The purpose of the Trinity War seems to have 3 Justice League titles later on. Maybe Batman will lead his own Justice League similar to the old Batman and the Outsiders. We have already seen the other Martian led Justice League. Superman and Wonder Woman will probably stay with the first Justice League.

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By xybernauts

I think it's obviously going to be Aquaman....

No Caption Provided

At first I was just kidding, but it does make alot of sense. I mean the OP assumes it can't be one of the founders, but why not? Aquaman is very expendable because alot of people question his importance to the book overall. I mean I personally like him alot, but not everyone feels the way I do. Plus making him the traitor allows Geoff Johns' to play off the pop cultural theme created in Robot Chicken DC Comics Special. We saw them play off the pop cultural stigma that Aquaman is the least popular hero in the Aquaman comics and I believe that the JL lineup was based on the Superfriends cartoon.

@arnoldoaad said:

I think is Cyborg, it would make sense on how is that the whole Darksied invasion ended so quickly

I think this too, because technically Cyborg is partially based on Apokalypsian tech and the first thing he saw when he was activated was an image of Darkseid. It could be him and he might not even know it. I hope it isn't, but it would make a good story.

Other choices....

• Batman - He's testing out the league pushing them to prepare them by showing them their vulnerabilities.
    • Superman - Was on Apokalypse for awhile before Batman rescued him. Who knows what they did to him.

These sound good too...

@colonyofcells said:

Captain Marvel could be the traitor since he serves the Circle of Eternity who have their own ideas on what to do with Pandora, Phantom Stranger and Question. The purpose of the Trinity War seems to have 3 Justice League titles later on. Maybe Batman will lead his own Justice League similar to the old Batman and the Outsiders. We have already seen the other Martian led Justice League. Superman and Wonder Woman will probably stay with the first Justice League.

@lordgawain said:

I bet its someone who has close ties to an original member. Im saying its Mera. She had lash out in an early Aquaman issue saying she wanted to kill aquaman. Maybe all her act is a ruse. That would make some interesting reading in aquaman and JL

KZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KZR

I'm gonna say Lady Luck. She's appearing in Phantom Stranger soon and he's supposed to be some sort of traitor. I know that doesn't really tell us anything but it's a wild guess because I know very little about her. I'm probably wrong.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By Squalleon

@Superdork said:

My best bet for who the traitor is would be Element Woman. She was depicted as being very sweet in Flashpoint but also as off her rocker. On top of that, the Orb of Ra that gave Metamorpho his powers was stolen from the Black Room by David Graves in his campaign against the Justice League (see the 2012 Free Comic Book Day Issue and Justice League issue 7). You can see the elemental rod next to David Graves’s book in Justice League issue 7. We could very well be seeing an updated version of the Judas Contract.

As for motives, not only does David Graves hate the Justice League, he’s also working for Amanda Waller now (Justice League 12). And she really doesn’t trust the Justice League. Furthermore, the US government wants a spy on the Justice League (Justice League 8).

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xybernauts:

At first I was just kidding, but it does make alot of sense. I mean the OP assumes it can't be one of the founders, but why not?

This;

I say everyone is open season, a smart traitor could wait till they others to throw suspicion, also a 'traitor' could be working towards an unseen greater good that the team will understand later on and realize they were not actually betrayed (at all or at least willingly).

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By Funrush

Wait, so Hawkman, Katana, and GA will be on the team? Will they be on JLA and JL at the same time, or does this story happen before JLA?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Could be Cyborg without him even knowing it, he could be under Darkseid's subconscious influence.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SmashBrawler

Do we even know who this traitor will be working for?

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SUNMAN

An educated guess based on the information we;ve been given is its not one of the founding 7. If its Darkseid hacking Cyborg than he isn't a traitor its just him getting hacked or mind control. Not the same. I standby my statement it won't be a founding 7 member until proven otherwise. If there actually is a traitor it was propositioned as being one of the new members. It makes Batman look bad otherwise, that the League had a traitor for 5 years and he didn't figure it out.

@SmashBrawler said:

Do we even know who this traitor will be working for?

no not yet

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By colonyofcells

Since Phantom Stranger likes to betray people, maybe one of the newer members is working for the Phantom Stranger.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By TDK_1997

Black Canary or Green Arrow I think.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SUNMAN

@TDK_1997 said:

Black Canary or Green Arrow I think.

is Black Canary joining the Justice League

etamogrey77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By etamogrey77

It would be cool if it was aquaman or batman but of course it won't be so i'm thinkin cyborg p.s. i was happy about firestorm until i found out it was ronnie raymond but oh well

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By xybernauts

After reading the last two issues of Justice League, it's starting to look like he might end up being the traitor. I mean he's torn between defending the surface world and defending Atlantis. If push comess to shove who will he chose. Of course the problem is they just threw in several new members of the JL, so it could be them too.

SPOILERS in pic.....

No Caption Provided
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SUNMAN

well after reading Justice League #20 we know one of the traitors is

Atom

looks like nobody guessed correctly

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
    deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunman: I wasnotable to hit, Ihad thought it wasgoldrush

FlashDamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunman said:

Atom

How will she be a traitor?

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunman said:

Atom

How will she be a traitor?

did you read the issue? Do you want me to spoil it for you?

jsykes24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jsykes24:

Atom is secretly working for Argus (Amanda Waller and Steve Rogers). She is spying on the rest of the Justice League and reporting back every detail. She feels guilty about it but will keep doing it. She didn't hack the Justice League computers but she is still a traitor

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunman said:

@jsykes24:

Atom is secretly working for Argus (Amanda Waller and Steve Trevor). She is spying on the rest of the Justice League and reporting back every detail. She feels guilty about it but will keep doing it. She didn't hack the Justice League computers but she is still a traitor

huh, that explains why Martian Manhunter was so chill when she saw him fight Despero. Crazy New 52 MMH probably would have raped her mind if she was anyone else

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

atom did not expect that

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.