Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Which Of These 2 Rosters Is More Acceptable For A JLA Film?

• 107 results
    Omen14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Omen14

Option 1, hopefully they won't bring back the Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern. Also, I like the idea of Martian Manhunter because he has powers that would be interesting to see in movies.

The options above are probably not going to be in the movie. Green Arrow and Black Canary is very likely to be in it because of the new series, and if they are looking to introduce new characters, we might see Vixen or Hawkgirl.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Option 2. Replace Cyborg with Martian Manhunter though.

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By batshrine

I say 1!!!

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Superdork

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By desmond006

I prefer 2.

4_color_image

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By 4_color_image

If these were the only choices I would say 1

but why not have, dare I say it, Cyborg in place of J'onn & Kyle be the GL. That way we have two Anglo American's, an Amazon, an Alien, a African American, an Atlantian & a Latino American.

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By StrangeMan

Man, i just want the original 7, even though i know it's not gonna happen, and i really don't want to sound distasteful or anything, but if they're gonna change the roster, being "politically correct" is just not a good excuse, i'm not saying that it wouldn't work, i mean, just look at the Justice League cartoon, but it just wouldn't be necessary , it's like if in The Avengers they would've put Falcon or Black Panther in the roster out of nowhere, and it would've been just fine if it actually made sense within the story that they're telling, like incluiding Wakanda or something, but for the JL movie it probably won't happen that way and if they include someone like Cyborg it would come off as forced. Sure it would be no problem if they included John Stewart or Kyle instead of Hal, but they really have to be smart with the way that they introduce characters, for example, i would personally introduce Kyle in a Emerald Twilight adaptation of sorts, John would be cool to see but honestly i liked the GL movie (yeah, really not making any friends here) and would like to see it being kept in the canon of the "DC Cinematic Universe", and if so, i would introduce John alongside Guy in a plot involving the Guardians searching for Human replacements for Hal or something.

Oh and, seriously, J'onn MUST be in the movie, he basically was the pilar of the league getting together in the JL cartoon and honestly, a plot similar to that would be perfect for the big screen.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58  Edited By Zeeguy91
    @Jekylhyde14 said:

Option 2. I'd miss the Martian Manhunter but it would probably be best for DC if they backed the line-up that they're currently publishing in the comics. Plus, I just like Hal. I don't care what happened in the Green Lantern movie (didn't even bother to see it), but with a good script Hal could be Han Solo with a power ring.

THIS. 

Although. I think in a Justice League movie, it'd be great if they dropped easter eggs hinting at (or even fully introduced) characters that would go on to become members later on. That is, if they wanted to make this into a franchise. We could maybe see hints made at Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Hawkman/girl, Black Canary, Black Lightning, Vixen, maybe even Firestorm (although that'd be kind of hard). I almost said Red Tornado, but I kind of think telling Reddy's story would need an entire movie itself.
    Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59  Edited By Zeeguy91
    @xybernauts said:
    Truthfully I like Hal from the Justice League New 52 comic. His dynamic with the Flash and the rest of the team was perfect to me. Instead of the traditional Hal we see on tv who is cocky, but like able; instead we get a still cocky yet condescending obnixious a-hole. For example, I love how he kept asking why their listening to a guy without superpowers aka Batman. Truthfully, it works perfectly because it allows him to balance out the team and create real world conflict similar to the conflict created by all the big egos in Avengers movie. And this version of Hal also balances out well specifically with the kind hearted Flash. They make a good, good cop bad cop team, as the comics pointed out. Also, it makes it so that other fan favs like Batman and Superman dont have to be the a-hole.
    True, but I think Hal demonstrated incredible maturity in #12 when he quit in order for the team to save face.
    xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By xybernauts

@StrangeMan said:

Man, i just want the original 7, even though i know it's not gonna happen, and i really don't want to sound distasteful or anything, but if they're gonna change the roster, being "politically correct" is just not a good excuse, i'm not saying that it wouldn't work, i mean, just look at the Justice League cartoon, but it just wouldn't be necessary , it's like if in The Avengers they would've put Falcon or Black Panther in the roster out of nowhere, and it would've been just fine if it actually made sense within the story that they're telling, like including Wakanda or something, but for the JL movie it probably won't happen that way and if they include someone like Cyborg it would come off as forced. Sure it would be no problem if they included John Stewart or Kyle instead of Hal, but they really have to be smart with the way that they introduce characters, for example, i would personally introduce Kyle in a Emerald Twilight adaptation of sorts, John would be cool to see but honestly i liked the GL movie (yeah, really not making any friends here) and would like to see it being kept in the canon of the "DC Cinematic Universe", and if so, i would introduce John alongside Guy in a plot involving the Guardians searching for Human replacements for Hal or something.

Oh and, seriously, J'onn MUST be in the movie, he basically was the pillar of the league getting together in the JL cartoon and honestly, a plot similar to that would be perfect for the big screen.

Have you read my The Real Reason Martian Manhunter was removed from Justice League (Blog post) Just hit the link if you haven't. Basically "the core argument of my article was that the New 52 line-up was made up of characters who were part of the Super Friends cartoon series of the 80's. So diversity was part of it, but not the only reason. John Stewart and MM were not part of the Super Friends cartoons so that's why he wasn't included."

Besides, have you read the New 52 Justice League comic. Contrary to popular belief, Cyborg does have a role on the team. It's not like they just threw him in there. I really don't understand what you mean by your comment. So basically your saying we shouldn't place minority characters on the team unless the book has specific need for a minority character? Maybe if they need someone whose in prison or a gangsta. When is it appropriate to add minorities? How long do we have to wait? Being politically correct isn't the excuse and it isn't an excuse. It's about racial sensitivity. It's about representing a portion of the population in comics. That's what the USA is about, representation right.

Some people belittle Cyborgs character by referring to his role on the team as being a "Deus Ex Machina" or see him as the token black guy (which is racist), but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a role. Based on your logic Wonder Woman shouldn't be there either cause she's the token woman, and really, what did Aquaman contribute to the team that made him so integral. I have no problem with Aquaman or Wonder Woman, but my point is Cyborg is no less important then either of them so stop belittling him.

And for the record, they put Black Widow and Hawkeye in the movie "out of nowhere". Technically, Antman and Wasp should have been in the movie. Why is it ok to put them in the movie and not Falcon and Black Panther? Because their black? I know that's not what your saying, but that seems like the core logic behind your argument.

Sorry for getting all emo on you. My angst isn't just directed at you, but it's directed by the whole mentality in general.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Superdork

@OutlawRenegade said:

No bickering. Just honest opinions please.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By stephens2177

my perfect movie JLA would be 
    superman 
    wonder woman 
    batman 
    aquaman 
    green lantern (hal) 
    flash(barry) 
    martian manhunter 

cyborg is a titan,and thats where he should be kept on a wide based commercial basis.i would have martian manhunter lose the physical superman-esque,and give him TK,just like the YJ show.i like wally west and kyle rayner,but barry and hal are the commercial versions of both.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Superdork

@stephens2177 said:

my perfect movie JLA would be superman wonder woman batman aquaman green lantern (hal) flash(barry) martian manhunter cyborg is a titan,and thats where he should be kept on a wide based commercial basis.i would have martian manhunter lose the physical superman-esque,and give him TK,just like the YJ show.i like wally west and kyle rayner,but barry and hal are the commercial versions of both.

Didn't answer he question...

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By stephens2177

uh what was the question again?

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

#65  Edited By FlashKnight

First one. It will take a lot of people back to the original JL, and I think Warner Bros will want to distance itself from Hal's version of the Lantern after his box office let-down.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By SoA

@OutlawRenegade: fanboys want team 1 but most likely team 2 to reflect current comics

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#67  Edited By Black_Claw

@FlashKnight: I like your idea. I'm really torn on this to be honest. I'd love to see John and MM on the big screen but at the same time I want Cyborg to be turned into a potential A lister should the film be successful. And as for DC wanting to distance themselves from Hal, well I think that'll start even more "Black vs. White Green Lantern" wars.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Video_Martian

Option 1. No Cyborg please...

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SUNMAN

I don't think DC will put MM in the first Justice League movie. Martian Manhunter is an original founding member of the team, and some say he was the heart and soul of the League, but there were several years where J’onn wasn’t a member of the team1969-1984. More importantly the issues with using MM is that he is far too similar to Superman.

-Martian Manhunter and Superman are the lone survivors of a dead planet/race (Supergirl & Ms. Martian will not be introduced, Zodd and Co. don't count cause they are in the phantom zone) who are both: super strong, flies, has heat vision etc.

-Than J’onn takes it a step farther by having the powers of Professor X(telepathy) and Mystique(shapeshifting), MM would be Superman+ in the movies.

I prefer John Stewart to Hal Jordan, but I think roster 2 might be the best bet. Just tone down Hal Jordan and don't make him such a moron and maybe get someone else besides Reynolds

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By herrweis

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Skaddix

@stephens2177 said:

my perfect movie JLA would be superman wonder woman batman aquaman green lantern (hal) flash(barry) martian manhunter cyborg is a titan,and thats where he should be kept on a wide based commercial basis.i would have martian manhunter lose the physical superman-esque,and give him TK,just like the YJ show.i like wally west and kyle rayner,but barry and hal are the commercial versions of both.

Yeah I really don't see DC going with an all white team and a green alien for a major motion picture.

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By StrangeMan

@xybernauts Ok, you got some good points there, and even though i do agree with you on the most part, i'm gonna try to reply to some of the stuff you said (even if i agree with it, so i'm gonna be arguing something that i agree with, go figure that out xD), and besides, i really didn't took that much time to explain my self on the last post, so i'm gonna try to flesh out my ideas as clear as possible, sorry if it's still somewhat convoluted.

So, the Cyborg thing, i've read Justice League New52 and yeah, i do find him as a useful and overall a good character that does help the flow of the stories that they're telling, but is he really vital for the story?, from what i've read if you grab Cyborg and replace him with another character the changes would be minimal, at least from what i've read, have in mind that i haven't read all the issues, it's not that i have a big issue with the title or anything it's just that i haven't had the time to catch up. And i guess that you could make the same argument with other characters, but every other character on the team has such distinct personalities and prominent roles that they make the story for me, i just don't feel that with Cyborg. But the thing is that they blew the original seven roster and they decided that they needed a minority character to add, there isn't anything wrong with that, as i said, just look at how they put in Stewart and Hawkgirl in the JL cartoon roster, and it's safe to say that it turned out great, but that doesn't change the fact that it allways remind me that writers just feel like they need to "have a black guy just there to be the black guy", then again, i'm really sorry on how i'm putting this since it's never nice to touch such a sensitive matter, and even less if the only way that you can make your point is by being this harsh, but it's just a fact of current media, and as i said before, i'm totally down for character diversity, but here comes pretty much the thing that restrained me on my first post; i was too much of a fanboy.

But c'mon, you can't blame me for it, the first thing that a fanboy thinks when they hear "JLA movie" is the big seven (at least in my case, probably along a whole bunch of other people), it's like a Hal Jordan fan after hearing that Kyle Rayner was gonna be the main character in a GL movie, maybe the movie will be a lot better with Rayner instead of Jordan, but the HJ fanboy will never stop to prefer Jordan over Rayner, pretty much the concept of fanboy, and that isn't a bad thing, since it's the way that a lot of people think, a lot of people when they come in to see the JLA movie will want to see the big seven, and there's come another factor into the mix, what people wants to see in the JL roster, and obviously this will be heavily influenced by the different incarnations of the JLA throughout the different forms of media that it has partaken, in other words, they're probably gonna make the roster similar to the Super Friends, and that's where your argument backs up Cyborg, but in my opinion, people are most familiar with the original seven, even if they have never touch a comic book in their entire life, i really don't know how to explain it, but still, the general public is familiar with all of the characters, except for Martian Manhunter, and that's probably why he is the character most likely to be replaced (and a major factor on why Cyborg was chosen for the New 52 imo). But the reason why MM is such a first choice for me is that he fits so well in the plot, one thing that i said in my last post is that i'm a guy that (in most cases) likes that every character has a reason to be there, and the JL movie has a liberty that the Avengers didn't have, it's gonna be the introductory movie, the only character that HAS to be in it is Superman, they could pretty much come up with a totally different roster if they want to, but thing is that the plot will most likely go as an alien invasion, and J'onn is perfect for something like that (because, y'know, he's an alien). I mean, he could bring so much insight to what's going on, being that he's the character that will be the most related to what's going on, along side GL.

And with the Falcon and Black Panther thing i really didn't make a strong point, but to my defense, Black Widow and Hawkeye did had a place there, being related to S.H.I.E.L.D. and all that, so it didn't felt as "forced" as with it would've felt if they introduced Falcon or Black Panther or any other character really (unless, then again, if him or she is really related to S.H.I.E.L.D.).

And don't worry, it didn't felt emo or negative at all, you just wanted to give a different perspective of the situation and you did it really well, especially considering that most people tend to accompany their arguments with insults.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#73  Edited By tomlikesfries

Option 2 for the movies.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By agent9149

TEAM ONE BUT WITH TEAM TWO COSTUMES AND HAL JORDAN. NO CYCLOPS (even though i for one support his being on the JLA but Martian Manhunter is more important than his existence)

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By OutlawRenegade

*Updated OP with New Images

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By SmashBrawler

If Aquaman's out now I don't want either of those.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@SmashBrawler said:

Edited OP again.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Rumble Man

The one without cyborg

The **** would you need him with John Stewart around?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#79  Edited By JakeN7

Option 2.

Hal over John, Barry over Wally, and Cyborg I like just as much as Martian Manhunter.

Oh, and in regards to @StMichalofWilson:

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#80  Edited By TheCannon

With the new pics, roster one by far.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#81  Edited By Kurrent

Option 2 for me!

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Superdork
    No Caption Provided
    --OR--
    --OR--
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#83  Edited By Lvenger

Now that you've changed the rosters, I have to say Option 1

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#84  Edited By Teerack

Neither of them because there is no Aquaman.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Superdork

@Teerack: Look at the OP. First line says Aquaman is on both rosters.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#86  Edited By Teerack

@Superdork: Oh ya. Honestly I didn't even see that sentence.

Well... Still neither because one is Lacking Hal and one is Lacking Martian Manhunter. If you swapped Cyborg with Martian Manhunter it be perfect.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By SUNMAN

I really can't see them doing Martian Manhunter justice if he is in the same film as Superman. I'd really save him for the second film or have him be a shadowy type figure in the first.

As for Green Lantern they will probably go with Hal Jordan, but I'd wish they'd pick any other Green Lantern, I'd even take Killowog. Silver Age Hal was boring, and Johns Hal is just a clown. Give me Kyle, or Guy Gardner or John Stewart.........heck I'd take Sinestro. Mark Strong's Sinestro was perfect. Please don't subject me to another does of Ryan Reynolds DC, please don't.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By SmashBrawler

@OutlawRenegade said:

@SmashBrawler said:

Edited OP again.

Option 2, then.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By waezi2

Its the nostalgia of Justice League the tv-serie.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#90  Edited By GunGunW

Two, because Hal belongs over John and I'm sick of Martian Manhunter.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#91  Edited By Black_Claw

I really think two will be the roster for the movie due to all the publicity the current line up is getting.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

#92  Edited By FlashKnight

@stephens2177: I agree that is my ideal lineup as well but I'm almost positive that DC wants a black superhero for "racial diversity"

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
    G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2. As much as I would love to see MM in a movie, I think with Superman, WW, GL, and Flash, I think if you added someone as powerful as MM it would be super difficult to do all the extra CGI... plus many people would complain about them being too powerful.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By jobbernos

@Lvenger said:

2's better for a film but 1 is by far the better team.

sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By sunhawk

number 1

Speedforce23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Speedforce23

Why can't Hal Jordan and Martian Manhunter and the rest of the league be like option 3 and is the Flash Wally if not option 3 has a Wally.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By deaditegonzo

Option 1 with Hal instead of John is my overall choice. But if I have to pick one exactly as given, I give it to option 2.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By sethysquare

option 2

Wonderman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Wonderman1

I would prefer the version from the cartoon with Jon and J'onn. I am a huge Hal fan but I did not like the Ryan movie characterization very much. Using John allows them to redefine without having to retconn. I would frankly be OK with either but really like the Martian Manhunter.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#100  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Superdork said:

No Caption Provided
    --OR--
    --OR--
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

was turning J'onn into E.T really necessary?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.