Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Where would you rank JL WAR in The DCAU? My thoughts

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jphulk26

The way I always see it, if I enjoy a movie, whether I agree with the moral or the depictions of characters or not I always give it a seven. Then I take into consideration my personal tastes.

Justice League War is bitter sweet for me. I thought, you know what, I enjoyed that movie. No doubt. But at the same time I had to say I thought it was one of the worse of their titles to date. Especially coming after Flashpoint which was plain badassery at its best.

Just so you know my fav DC Animated Features

1) Justice League Flashpoint (EPIC EPIC EPIC)

2) JUSTICE LEAGUE NEW FRONTIER

3) Wonder Woman (Totally Badass in my opinion)

4) Dark Knight Returns second Part obviously

5) JUSTICE LEAGUE CRISIS ON TWO EARTHS

6) All Star Superman (best superman to date, the others suck)

7) Batman Year One

8) Justice League Crisis Two Earths

The rest are kind of just blah to me and JL war really stands up there in the blah catergory. First time I saw Wonder Woman, Paradox and New Frontier, I pretty much just started the films again to enjoy the badassery for a second turn. The only reason I didn´t do that with Dark Knight was because I´d read it a few times. I think my main issue with the movie is a matter of taste. First off there are so many more comics worthy of DC adaptation than New 52 Justice League. What Johns has done to the dynamic makes it to me like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles only a little edgier. You know

Justice League conflicting characters

Wonder Woman taught them to be warriors, SHE´s (she's a radical chick!)

Superman leads, Bruce Waynes the bat that does machines (That's a fact, Jack!)

Green Lanterns cool but crude (Gimme a break!)

And Shazam and Flash are party dudes (Lets Party!)

Heroes in a half shell

Justice power!

I know thats what kids like, but JL has always been more than that to me and I just kind of find it childish and lame.

I hope they really don´t start going New 52 route, because some of the older graphics like Kingdom Come, Superman Birth Right, Earth One, even stuff like Wonder Woman Circle or a Flash or Shazam or Aquaman Origin, Batman Earth One forgodsake. The list just goes on of how many Pre New 52 archs really deserve the love way before New 52 stuff becomes a regular fixture.

What do you think?

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By youknowwhattodo

Due to the fact that DCAU often pulls their movies from comic book arcs, one can generally tell the quality of the film from the quality of the book. Justice League Vol. 1 Origins was a so-so origin story so when I saw Justice League: War, it didn't surprise me that the movie didn't wow me, but I will say it is a little better than its comic counterpart. I would put it in the ranks of Superman/Batman Apocalypse and Superman: Unbound, alright but not memorable.

I think that the new DCAU is going to focus on the New-52 (at least the Justice League movies), I mean what's the point of doing the origin story if you're not going to build on it?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@jphulk26: sadly, it was announced that all post flashpoint paradox movies would be new 52 based

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jphulk26: sadly, it was announced that all post flashpoint paradox movies would be new 52 based

Well that blows. Thats enough for me to want them to get rid of johns. i mean how arrogant is that. well i won´t be buying then.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.