Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

'The Dark Knight Rises' Writer Talks Justice League Movie

• 87 results
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

With all the rumors swirling around actor Joseph Gordon Levitt and whether or not the actor will play the role of Batman in a Justice League film (as a continuation of his role in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises), who better than TDKR screenwriter Jonathan Nolan to address the speculation?

No Caption Provided

In a recent interview with the screenwriter, Jonathan Nolan revealed that while Joseph Gordon Levitt's "Robin" character didn't exactly fit into the Batman universe he and his brother director Christopher Nolan had created, but that the character was "very important to the story."

It is a little hard to imagine Robin working in that universe, so the idea had to be limited to that gag at the end. But Joe’s character is very important to the story. In any movie you need a character looking at proceedings the way you see them, and Joe’s character is that character for this film. One of my favorite scenes is when John tells Bruce how he knew he was Batman. It’s like that scene in The Prestige where the little kid sees through Christian’s trick. Little kids, they don’t have any illusions, they just see the truth of the situation. I feel there’s a kind of spiritual connection between the two movies there.

However, whether he thinks we'll be seeing a continuation of the Nolan-verse in the rumored Justice League movie, his answer was vague at best. In it, he reiterates the love for Batman's character that he had while he was growing up, but that's where it ends.

== TEASER ==
    I’m incredibly excited. I was a big Batman fan when I was a kid. In fact he was the only comic-book character I really liked. I went through a brief spell where I was reading Captain Britain, because I was an English kid living in the States, and Wolverine for 30 seconds, Spider-Man too, but really Batman was the one. And I love that there are different versions of the character. I love that in the context of The Justice League, he’s kind of the black sheep of that family.

What do you think? Do you think we will see the Nolan-verse Batman fit into a Justice League movie? Do you want to see actor Joseph Gordon Levitt play the role of Batman? Do you think that if we get Batman in a Justice League movie that the character should be a completely different version of the character than what we've seen?

Source: EMPIRE

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OutlawRenegade

I'm not sure how realistic the Batman should be (let's see Man of Steel first), but I do know that it should be Bruce Wayne (played by Ryan Gosling with dyed hair).

Batman (Ryan Gosling); Drive, Ides of March, Gangster Squad, Blue Valentine
    Batman (Ryan Gosling); Drive, Ides of March, Gangster Squad, Blue Valentine
    evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By evilvegeta74

No they should go away from that Batman Trilogy altogether and go with something totally new!

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#3  Edited By fables87

With this Justice League movie all I care about is how they will portray Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Flash if any of them are in the movie. They haven't made big screen time and they could effect how the movie does. Lets face it, Batman and Superman have been portrayed several times to the point I really could care less how they are done in the movie.

IronAngelX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By IronAngelX

I don't honestly think that Joseph Gordon-Levitt will return, maybe he has a role in the Justice League apart from the Nolan-verse and that's why everyone remains mum or perhaps they like jerking the chains of the internet rumormongers. I think personally it's the latter. The Nolans have always played things close to the chest and I think that that is what they are doing now. We all made lots of assumptions about TDKR that were never true and some only half true. But, I think people need to relax and take a chill-pill. Perhaps the Justice League IS separate from Nolan-verse Batman but Joe is playing Bruce Wayne/Batman...either way, whether we like it or not, we aren't going to change their minds, one, because we don't even know where their minds are out right now. I remained cautiously optimistic, I encourage others to do the same.

Avatar image for sleepbutnodream15
    Sleepbutnodream15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Sleepbutnodream15

NO! I wish everyone could just understand that good things have to end on a high note. The Dark Knight Trilogy was the definite Batman story--beginning to end. The story ended. It can't and won't be part of this JL universe! No chance at all. Zero. Damn.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By moywar700

I saw a parody video of The Dark Knight version of the Batman teams up with the Justice League.He's absolutely useless.

mickoreo_LZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mickoreo_LZ

Anybody else think that this Justice League movie is kind of a bad idea? Audiences won't even know who half the team is. And then we have the Dark Knight trilogy and GL movie that will only confuse people more when they realize its not the same characters from those movies. I don't care how long it takes, individual characters need to be introduced first. It's just plain logical

BTW Joseph Gordon-Levitt will have nothing to do with this JL movie. Lets be realistic here folks

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@mickoreo_LZ said:

Anybody else think that this Justice League movie is kind of a bad idea? Audiences won't even know who half the team is.

Debunked: Did people know Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Storm, and Professor X before X-Men? No. Did anyone know Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, Frozone, Dash, Violet, or Syndrome before Incredibles? No. Did audiences know Frodo, Sam, or anyone else from the Lord of The Rings? No. Did anyone know Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Han Solo, Leia, Chewie, or Lando before Star Wars? No. Is your point valid? No. Justice League is not trying to do what Avengers did. It's getting people into these characters so that audiences see their SOLO films afterward.

@mickoreo_LZ said:

And then we have the Dark Knight trilogy and GL movie that will only confuse people more when they realize its not the same characters from those movies.

Debunked: Yes, becaue audiences were confused by the Amazing Spider-man reboot or the James Bond Reboot?

@mickoreo_LZ said:

I don't care how long it takes, individual characters need to be introduced first. It's just plain logical

Debunked: Solo films have a better chance of succeeding if Justice League is successful because the audience will know the characters from that. Superman and Batman are still a better box office draw than Green Lantern or Wonder Woman. They are definitely a bigger draw than Aquaman right now.

@mickoreo_LZ said:

BTW Joseph Gordon-Levitt will have nothing to do with this JL movie. Lets be realistic here folks

This is the only thing in your post that makes sense.

----------------------------------------------------

Justice League needs to strike the superhero iron while it's hot before every other movie fills the niche that the solo films do. For example Star Trek is similar to what many people want out of Green Lantern. What will people get out of a Wonder Woman film that they haven't seen in Thor, Troy, Clash of the Titans, 300, etc.? And this superhero trend won't last forever. Look at what happened to dance movies in the 80s or football films in the 90s. Furthermore, a lot of the solo films will be bad anyway, so even that's a gamble. Only Iron Man and Thor helped the Avengers. Incredible Hulk and Captain America were mediocre. Iron Man 2 was bad, so let's not say solo films are the end all be all. Especially since people were always more interested in Avengers than they ever were in Captain America or Thor.

Marvel's way is not the only way. If DC does what they did with solo films then no one will see their films because Marvel already did that. And Marvel will gain more ground on this Intellectual Property war for the future of superhero cinema. DC just needs a different tone than Marvel (like Man of Steel or The Dark Knight). DC and Warner need to take risks if they want to catch up with Marvel. Go big or go home.

I need to see a Justice League film ASAP or else I will lose faith in DC Comics and Warner Brother's in film forever. There's no time left to play it safe.

EpicMeltDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By EpicMeltDown

I was rewatching Being Human last night (the american version) and came to the conclusion that Sam Witwer needs to play Batman in the Justice League movie.

Loki2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Loki2u

Wasn't this discussion already had with Katzmans article?

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Loki2u said:

Wasn't this discussion already had with Katzmans article?

CV wants clicks.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By colonyofcells

I prefer independent universe for the Justice League movies or reboot Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern for the JL movies. If the JL movie does well, Warner Brothers can consider maybe rehiring the new Batman actor to do more Batman movies but I prefer different actors and actresses for the solo movies for less complications and easier planning.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AlKusanagi

I'm sorry, but much like the MoS trailer has completely turned me off to it, I do not want a gritty, grimdark Justice League movie. It is completely in disservice to the characters and ONLY works for Batman. One of the main reasons why Avengers was so great was because it was just so damn FUN!

Chewish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chewish

I think that instead of there being a single JLA trilogy, I think there should be a "trilogy" of different iterations of the Justice League. For example, JLA coming out in 2015, Justice League Dark coming out in 2018, and Justice League International coming out in 2020, and all the JL teams culminating together to fight a common threat in a 4th movie titled Justice League United coming out in 2023. And instead of there being multiple solo films for each League, there should only be one big franchise per installment. Like Man of Steel connecting to JLA, Swamp Thing connecting to JLD, and something like Batwing or Green Lantern (Guy Gardner) connecting to JLI.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

If Aquaman is not in the Justice League film I will end existence

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

He could be saved for a solo film afterward or the sequel. I could see him being introduced in a Throne of Atlantis adaptation. I can see it now; Justice League: The Throne of Atlantis.

I just don't want the film to be overcrowded especially since you need to introduce at least 5 characters other than Superman (the villain, Batman, Wonder Woman, GL, etc.). And Aquaman is still a hard-sell to non-comic book readers.

@Chewish said:

I think that instead of there being a single JLA trilogy, I think there should be a "trilogy" of different iterations of the Justice League. For example, JLA coming out in 2015, Justice League Dark coming out in 2018, and Justice League International coming out in 2020, and all the JL teams culminating together to fight a common threat in a 4th movie titled Justice League United coming out in 2023. And instead of there being multiple solo films for each League, there should only be one big franchise per installment. Like Man of Steel connecting to JLA, Swamp Thing connecting to JLD, and something like Batwing or Green Lantern (Guy Gardner) connecting to JLI.

Sounds expensive.

@AlKusanagi said:

I'm sorry, but much like the MoS trailer has completely turned me off to it, I do not want a gritty, grimdark Justice League movie. It is completely in disservice to the characters and ONLY works for Batman. One of the main reasons why Avengers was so great was because it was just so damn FUN!

You haven't seen Man of Steel yet, and a lot of people like that trailer. I bet test audiences will like the film since Nolan is already geeking out about it. And DC needs to differentiate their cinematic universe from Marvel's as much as possible. Or else people won't see the need to have both.

@colonyofcells said:

I prefer independent universe for the Justice League movies or reboot Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern for the JL movies. If the JL movie does well, Warner Brothers can consider maybe rehiring the new Batman actor to do more Batman movies but I prefer different actors and actresses for the solo movies for less complications and easier planning.

People complained when Warner brought this idea out. There's been a resounding demand for the shared universe.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

He could be saved for a solo film afterward or the sequel. I could see him being introduced in a Throne of Atlantis adaptation.

I just don't want the film to be overcrowded especially since you need to introduce at least 5 characters other than Superman (the villain, Batman, Wonder Woman, GL, etc.). And Aquaman is still a hard-sell to non-comic book readers.

I honestly don't see how Aquaman is a harder sell than any other comic character

timjartl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By timjartl

@OutlawRenegade: In the fake Justice League trailer, where did the shot of the Tumbler moving in the Bat Bunker come from?

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By doombot890

guys guys were arguing like there is actually gonna be a justice league movie. it's gonna get cancelled like all the other times

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By TDK_1997

If there is a movie about the JLA I wouldn't want to see a New 53 line-up.I'm far from that.And Joseph-Gordon Levitt as Batman is something I don't want.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

He could be saved for a solo film afterward or the sequel. I could see him being introduced in a Throne of Atlantis adaptation.

I honestly don't see how Aquaman is a harder sell than any other comic character

The you haven't been paying attention to pop culture. Bring it up to people who don't read comics, because this is what 99% of people still think of when the hear Aquaman:

People on non-comic book websites still look down on him in their comments.

I'm not saying he's not cool. He is. But that's not what the perception is right now. And as a film producer who's trying to sell Justice League after the successful Avengers film, I know I wouldn't want people to laugh when they see him show up in the trailer. And to be honest, I don't think the jokes will ever evend--even after a movie. The jokes are too easy--like Batman gay jokes.

To be fair, Ant-Man is considered a joke too. My girlfriend (who doesn't read comics) laughed and doubted me when she heard that he was getting a film. "Antman? Are you kidding me?" "Nah, he's cool." "Yeah, riiiiight." #realtalk

Marvel had the sense to save him for after they won people over with the Avengers.

And finally, this current series isn't the first time that Aquaman has been portrayed as a badass. It hasn't stuck before. It may not stick once Geoff Johns leaves like he left Hawkman, Flash, etc.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@timjartl said:

@OutlawRenegade: In the fake Justice League trailer, where did the shot of the Tumbler moving in the Bat Bunker come from?

The Dark Knight I believe. I don't think the bunker was in any other movie... Could be a deleted scene?

@doombot890 said:

guys guys were arguing like there is actually gonna be a justice league movie. it's gonna get cancelled like all the other times

There's money to be made. Of course it will happen. The only reason the last one didn't happen is because Nolan was fighting it, and they didn't get a tax break from Australia.

@TDK_1997 said:

If there is a movie about the JLA I wouldn't want to see a New 53 line-up.

But some people like me do. =) Geoff Johns has written his stories well so far, but the line up is cool IMO.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

The you haven't been paying attention to pop culture. Bring it up to people who don't read comics, because this is what 99% of people still think of when the hear Aquaman.

I'm not saying he's not cool. He is. But that's not what the perception is right now. And as a film producer who's trying to sell Justice League after the successful Avengers film, I know I wouldn't want people to laugh when they see him show up in the trailer. And to be honest, I don't think the jokes will ever evend--even after a movie. The jokes are too easy--like Batman gay jokes.

To be fair, Ant-Man is considered a joke too. My girlfriend (who doesn't read comics) laughed and doubted me when she heard that he was getting a film. "Antman? Are you kidding me?" "Nah, he's cool." "Yeah, riiiiight." #realtalk

Marvel had the sense to save him for after they won people over with the Avengers.

And finally, this current series isn't the first time that Aquaman has been portrayed as a badass. It hasn't stuck before. It may not stick once Geoff Johns leaves like he left Hawkman, Flash, etc.

You really think Supermans perception is any better? He's still seen as the honest to gosh goody two shoes boy scout and anyway I hardly think the movie hinges on pepole perception of one character, nobody thought Hawkeye was cool before Avengers but the second he starts wipping arrows like a boss he's sold, same with Aquaman, the second he dives out the water stabbing suckas with a god damn trident he's sold.

Cole_Mercer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By Cole_Mercer

@OutlawRenegade said:

@mickoreo_LZ said:

Anybody else think that this Justice League movie is kind of a bad idea? Audiences won't even know who half the team is.

Debunked: Did people know Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Storm, and Professor X before X-Men? No. Did anyoneknow Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, Frozone, Dash, Violet, or Syndrome before Incredibles? No. Did audiences know Frodo, Sam, or anyone else from the Lord of The Rings? No. Did anyone know Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Han Solo, Leia, Chewie, or Lando before Star Wars? No. Is your point valid? No. Justice League is not trying to do what Avengers did. It's getting people into these characters so that audiences see their SOLO films afterward.

@mickoreo_LZ said:

And then we have the Dark Knight trilogy and GL movie that will only confuse people more when they realize its not the same characters from those movies.

Debunked: Yes, becaue audiences were confused by the Amazing Spider-man reboot or the James Bond Reboot?

@mickoreo_LZ said:

I don't care how long it takes, individual characters need to be introduced first. It's just plain logical

Debunked: Solo films have a better chance of succeeding if Justice League is successful because the audience will know the characters from that. Superman and Batman are still a better box office draw than Green Lantern or Wonder Woman. They are definitely a bigger draw than Aquaman right now.

@mickoreo_LZ said:

Justice League needs to strike the superhero iron while it's hot before every other movie fills the niche that the solo films do. For example Star Trek is similar to what many people want out of Green Lantern. What will people get out of a Wonder Woman film that they haven't seen in Thor, Troy, Clash of the Titans, 300, etc.? And this superhero trend won't last forever. Look at what happened to dance movies in the 80s or football films in the 90s. Furthermore, a lot of the solo films will be bad anyway, so even that's a gamble. Only Iron Man and Thor helped the Avengers. Incredible Hulk and Captain America were mediocre. Iron Man 2 was bad, so let's not say solo films are the end all be all. Especially since people were always more interested in Avengers than they ever were in Captain America or Thor.

Marvel's way is not the only way. If DC does what they did with solo films then no one will see their films because Marvel already did that. And Marvel will gain more ground on this Intellectual Property war for the future of superhero cinema. DC just needs a different tone than Marvel (like Man of Steel or The Dark Knight). DC and Warner need to take risks if they want to catch up with Marvel. Go big or go home.

I need to see a Justice League film ASAP or else I will lose faith in DC Comics and Warner Brother's in film forever. There's no time left to play it safe.

The Incredibles weren't even based off of a comic book though.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

The you haven't been paying attention to pop culture. Bring it up to people who don't read comics, because this is what 99% of people still think of when the hear Aquaman.

You really think Supermans perception is any better? He's still seen as the honest to gosh goody two shoes boy scout and anyway I hardly think the movie hinges on pepole perception of one character, nobody thought Hawkeye was cool before Avengers but the second he starts wipping arrows like a boss he's sold, same with Aquaman, the second he dives out the water stabbing suckas with a god damn trident he's sold.

People buy Superman T-shirts left and right. People get Superman tats. People still love superman despite what some Bat fans will tell you. He's still considered a powerhouse badass by most. Aquaman can't say the same right now. It helps that parents like Superman too. That will bring in money.

And Hawkeye didn't get a solo film--nor did he get much dialogue or progression in Avengers. By the end people thought he was a'ight, but he's still not popular enough to hold a film. No one said Hawkeye is my favorite character now. He was totally overshadowed. Is that what you want for Aquaman as an Aquaman fan? And Hawkeye is a VERY different case. No one knew about him. People know about Aquaman, but they think that he's trash.

http://www.warcry.com/forums/read/337.81400-Why-all-the-hate-on-Aquaman

That's why I think that he needs to kick the Justice League's a***s in his debut, and that's why I think that he should debut in something like Throne of Atlantis, in which he can change sides.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#26  Edited By Lvenger

Continuing the Nolanverse into the new DC Cinematic universe would be a baaad idea. It would wreck the whole point of the shared universe. Although it's too soon for a reboot it has to be done. But I still feel DC are rushing this Justice League movie and thus it won't be anywhere near how the Justice League film should be

geekjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By geekjosh

@Sleepbutnodream15: "No chance at all. Zero." ...um no? There technically is a chance. We have no idea what's going on the JL movie in almost any capacity, and there is a lot of speculation going on about JGL involvement with the movie and the future of Batman. But even if that weren't true, there's still a chance that it could happen...because you know...that's how 'chance' works, in the realm of possibility. You could say that you don't want it to happen, or you don't think it will happen, but you can't say that it "can't and won't be a part of the JL Universe". The most you could actually say is that its not probable, but that doesn't mean its not possible.

Also, "definite"? I think you meant definitive. And definitive Batman story...not even close. Definitely definitive live action Batman film series, but not Batman story.

Don't mean to be a douche, and I'm not trying to stifle your passion about what you would like to see in a JL movie or your opinions on Batman in general. Just trying to help you express your opinions and show you passion in a less "NO! This is cool because its cool and that's stupid because I don't like it" way.

Honestly as long as its done well I could care less if they connected the Nolan verse or put JGL in the JL movie.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Cole_Mercer said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@mickoreo_LZ said:

Debunked: Did people know Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Storm, and Professor X before X-Men? No. Did anyoneknow Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, Frozone, Dash, Violet, or Syndrome before Incredibles? No. Did audiences know Frodo, Sam, or anyone else from the Lord of The Rings? No. Did anyone know Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Han Solo, Leia, Chewie, or Lando before Star Wars? No. Is your point valid? No. Justice League is not trying to do what Avengers did. It's getting people into these characters so that audiences see their SOLO films afterward.

@mickoreo_LZ said:

@mickoreo_LZ said:

@mickoreo_LZ said:

So? It still introduced a large cast in which the audience got emotionally attached. And we hardly know anything about the origins or those characters which helps to further support my point. You said that people need to know these characters before Justice League. I'm saying movies introduce characters unknown to audiences all the time.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

People buy Superman T-shirts left and right. People get Superman tats. People still love superman despite what some Bat fans will tell you. He's still considered a powerhouse badass.

And Hawkeye didn't get a solo film--nor did he get much dialogue or progression in Avengers. By the end people thought he was a'ight, but he's still not popular enough to hold a film. No one said Hawkeye is my favorite character now. He was totally overshadowed. Is that what you want for Aquaman as an Aquaman fan? And Hawkeye is a VERY different case. No one knew about him. People know about Aquaman, but they think that he's trash.

That's why I think that he needs to kick the Justice League's a***s in his debut, and that's why I think that he should debut in something like Throne of Atlantis, in which he can change sides.

Pepole get Superman tats, tshirts ect because the emblem is iconic not because of the character. He doesn't need to have his own film nor does he need a lot of dialogue he just needs to be in the film. If the add on Cyborg get's to be in the film yet one of the founding members who can actually hold his own book doesn't then that is completely disrespectful to the character. It doesn't matter if some idiots think Aquaman is a joke, nobody is going to say "Aquaman is in it? I'm not going to see that" but pepole will say "Aquaman? Meh, Batman though? hell yea" and when they watch it it'll change there mind. If Aquaman dosen't make it in to this film there is zero chance there will ever be a cinematic depiction of the character

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @OutlawRenegade:  

@Cole_Mercer   said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@mickoreo_LZ said:

Debunked: Did people know Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Storm, and Professor X before X-Men? No. Did anyoneknow Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, Frozone, Dash, Violet, or Syndrome before Incredibles? No. Did audiences know Frodo, Sam, or anyone else from the Lord of The Rings? No. Did anyone know Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Han Solo, Leia, Chewie, or Lando before Star Wars? No. Is your point valid? No. Justice League is not trying to do what Avengers did. It's getting people into these characters so that audiences see their SOLO films afterward.

@mickoreo_LZ said:

@mickoreo_LZ said:

@mickoreo_LZ said:

Marvel's way is not the only way. If DC does what they did with solo films then no one will see their films because Marvel already did that. And Marvel will gain more ground on this Intellectual Property war for the future of superhero cinema. DC just needs a different tone than Marvel (like Man of Steel or The Dark Knight). DC and Warner need to take risks if they want to catch up with Marvel. Go big or go home.

So? It still introduced a large cast in which the audience got emotionally attached. And we hardly know anything about the origins or those characters which helps to further support my point. You said that people need to know these characters before Justice League. I'm saying movies introduce characters unknown to audiences all the time. 

And to further this point, if I may jump in, Watchmen did a fantastic job of introducing a team of heroes without needing build up, we didn't need an Ozymandias lead in film or a Rorschach lead in film to understand who the characters were, the movie introduced us to unknown heroes and fleshed them out nicely, if anything, with JL it would be easier, because even the most ignorant person to comics has at least some idea of  who Superman and Batman are, and to a lesser degree, Flash, WW and GL.
    nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By nerdork

@OutlawRenegade said:

@mickoreo_LZ said:

Debunked: Did people know Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Storm, and Professor X before X-Men? No. Did anyone know Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, Frozone, Dash, Violet, or Syndrome before Incredibles? No. Did audiences know Frodo, Sam, or anyone else from the Lord of The Rings? No. Did anyone know Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Han Solo, Leia, Chewie, or Lando before Star Wars? No. Is your point valid? No. Justice League is not trying to do what Avengers did. It's getting people into these characters so that audiences see their SOLO films afterward.

@mickoreo_LZ said:

@mickoreo_LZ said:

@mickoreo_LZ said:

You make a very good point, in that DC needs to be able to do something a little differently to grab audiences attention. So, why not start it off with a big-budget Justice League film...Im all for it.

However, you stated that people didn't know about the X-Men before the film. That is so wrong...how do you think it was able to be made into a film in the first place? There were no previous superhero films to say that this would have been a safe bet for a production company. The X-men are some fo the most recognized names and faces from the last 30 years.

And not knowing who Frodo and the rest of the fellowship is...Really? That is very suprising, as that is a book series that has been around for nearly 75 years. I didnt know anyone who went to see LOTR and didnt already know the characters and storyline.

As far as Star Wars and Incredibles go; those were original films...so, of course no knew about the characters prior to the film. Very different from the upcoming Justice League film, where they are using long established characters and plots.

I agree with your point. That this is not a bad idea, and will, IMO, work out perfectly. You made good points, just with bad examples. :)

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

People buy Superman T-shirts left and right. People get Superman tats. People still love superman despite what some Bat fans will tell you. He's still considered a powerhouse badass.

Pepole get Superman tats, tshirts ect because the emblem is iconic not because of the character.He doesn't need to have his own film nor does he need a lot of dialogue he just needs to be in the film. If the add on Cyborg get's to be in the film yet one of the founding members who can actually hold his own book doesn't then that is completely disrespectful to the character. It doesn't matter if some idiots think Aquaman is a joke, nobody is going to say "Aquaman is in it? I'm not going to see that" but pepole will say "Aquaman? Meh, Batman though? hell yea" and when they watch it it'll change there mind. If Aquaman dosen't make it in to this film there is zero chance there will ever be a cinematic depiction of the character

How would you know? Everyone loves Superman or the idea behind him. It's why he's referenced and ripped off so often.

And as Ant-Man has shown, Aquaman can get a film after Justice League proves the DC universe is cool to people.

Cyborg is also a founding member. And because of "The Grid," he would be the best member to recruit other members like Nick Fury and Agent Coulson did at the end of films like Aquaman, Hawkman, Shazam, Firestorm, etc.

And I think Aquaman should have lots of dialogue and his own film because he has a rich mythology that could be explored if sold properly.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lvenger

@OutlawRenegade said:

Cyborg is also a founding member. And because of "The Grid," he would be the best member to recruit other members like Nick Fury did at the end of films like Aquaman, Hawkman, Shazam, Firestorm, etc.

Just wanted to address this point here. Cyborg may be a founding member as of a year ago but he hasn't always been. He was a Titan first and it was on that team his character developed most. Aquaman has been a Justice Leaguer for most of his existence as a comic book character and if they shove him out the way for a guy who's been on the team for a year and just serves as the tech guy rather than a full fledged character, that would be disrespectful for both Aquaman and Cyborg as well as the history of the League. Besides there are ways of making Aquaman cool in the film. Several comic book runs have made Aquaman awesome. Just make Aquaman more like that. Furthermore, one future storyline is hardly enough basis to allow Cyborg into the Justice League film.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By Gambit1024

@Lvenger said:

Just wanted to address this point here. Cyborg may be a founding member as of a year ago but he hasn't always been. He was a Titan first and it was on that team his character developed most. Aquaman has been a Justice Leaguer for most of his existence as a comic book character and if they shove him out the way for a guy who's been on the team for a year and just serves as the tech guy rather than a full fledged character, that would be disrespectful for both Aquaman and Cyborg as well as the history of the League. Besides there are ways of making Aquaman cool in the film. Several comic book runs have made Aquaman awesome. Just make Aquaman more like that. Furthermore, one future storyline is hardly enough basis to allow Cyborg into the Justice League film.

And this is why we're friends.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Gambit1024: @Lvenger said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

Cyborg is also a founding member. And because of "The Grid," he would be the best member to recruit other members like Nick Fury did at the end of films like Aquaman, Hawkman, Shazam, Firestorm, etc.

I don't think Cyborg needs to be added because of "one storyline." I think he would be a good idea to add because then you would only need to tack on short clips at the end of films like Aquaman, Hawkman, Firestorm, Shazam, Martian Manhunterm, etc. to add those characters to the Justice League. He would be the Fury or Coulson recruitment character for the Justice League due to "The Grid". Furthermore, if you read my posts then you'll see that I want Aquaman to be well received and well respected.

And Cyborg has been featured on the Justice League for decades in shows like Galactic Guardians, Smallville, etc. So it's not crazy to say that he works--especially since robots are in (Pacific Rim, Transformers, Robocop, etc.).

Finally general audiences won't care as much about 70 years of comic book history as you do. And the New52 has been a success (Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, heck even Justice League sells well despite its mediocrity).

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By Magian

@Lvenger said:

Continuing the Nolanverse into the new DC Cinematic universe would be a baaad idea. It would wreck the whole point of the shared universe. Although it's too soon for a reboot it has to be done. But I still feel DC are rushing this Justice League movie and thus it won't be anywhere near how the Justice League film should be

This, pretty much.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Pepole get Superman tats, tshirts ect because the emblem is iconic not because of the character.He doesn't need to have his own film nor does he need a lot of dialogue he just needs to be in the film. If the add on Cyborg get's to be in the film yet one of the founding members who can actually hold his own book doesn't then that is completely disrespectful to the character. It doesn't matter if some idiots think Aquaman is a joke, nobody is going to say "Aquaman is in it? I'm not going to see that" but pepole will say "Aquaman? Meh, Batman though? hell yea" and when they watch it it'll change there mind. If Aquaman dosen't make it in to this film there is zero chance there will ever be a cinematic depiction of the character

How would you know? Everyone loves Superman or the idea behind him. It's why he's referenced and ripped off so often.

And as Ant-Man has shown, Aquaman can get a film after Justice League proves the DC universe is cool to people.

Cyborg is also a founding member. And because of "The Grid," he would be the best member to recruit other members like Nick Fury and Agent Coulson did at the end of films like Aquaman, Hawkman, Shazam, Firestorm, etc.

And I think Aquaman should have lots of dialogue and his own film because he has a rich mythology that could be explored if sold properly.

Because my sister has a Wonder Woman top and shes never read a comic in her life and I have friends with Superman shirts that think comics are for kids. DC and Marvel operate different business models, there is a reason Batman and Superman are the only characters that are sure to get films. DC haven't even given Arthur an animated film, the only way to get him popular enough for a film is to surrounded him with other characters aka the Justice League, you even said it your self, pepole think Aquaman is lame so a solo film is dead in the water (puns ahoy) but if he's in a film with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman then he'll get the exposure he needs

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Because my sister has a Wonder Woman top and shes never read a comic in her life and I have friends with Superman shirts that think comics are for kids. DC and Marvel operate different business models, there is a reason Batman and Superman are the only characters that are sure to get films. DC haven't even given Arthur an animated film, the only way to get him popular enough for a film is to surrounded him with other characters aka the Justice League, you even said it your self, pepole think Aquaman is lame so a solo film is dead in the water (puns ahoy) but if he's in a film with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman then he'll get the exposure he needs

Maybe that's because he's only gotten a serious following in the last year. And yes, I think he needs other heroes to be introduced before him to sell. But those other heroes need to be sold to audiences first or else they won't be a draw for characters like Aquaman. They need to build up characters like Wonder Woman and Green Lantern before they have enough power to make Aquaman a superstar for general audiences. And you can't really sell any character if they don't get any screen time because its split over too many characters. The Justice League movie has to work before other characters can get off the ground.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Gambit1024

@Babs said:

What do you think? Do you think we will see the Nolan-verse Batman fit into a Justice League movie? Do you want to see actor Joseph Gordon Levitt play the role of Batman? Do you think that if we get Batman in a Justice League movie that the character should be a completely different version of the character than what we've seen?

No, I don't think that the Nolan-verse Batman will be involved with the Justice League movie. And it shouldn't be. Those films were made in the mindset that there were no superheroes or superpowers. That's why we didn't get the Ace Chemical Factory or the Lazarus Pit or Venom. Furthermore, I'm not going to sit there while WB tries to tell me that Superman or Wonder Woman or Green Lantern or anyone else was nowhere to be found when a masked terrorist threatened and took over a city as important as Gotham with a weapon of mass destruction.

Despite how I feel about Joseph Gordon-Levitt, I do not want to see him as Batman. He's Nightwing material through and through, and the best part about that character is that he isn't Batman. Besides, if there's gotta be a Batman in the JLA film, it needs to be Bruce Wayne. No substitutes accepted, and that includes John Robin Blake.

The Batman we get in the Justice League should be similar, but different than Bale's Batman. I like his dedication, but that voice and lack of fantasy needs to go.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Lvenger

@OutlawRenegade said:

I don't think Cyborg needs to be added because of "one storyline." I think he would be a good idea to add because then you would only need to tack on short clips at the end of films like Aquaman, Hawkman, Firestorm, Shazam, Martian Manhunterm, etc. to add those characters to the Justice League. He would be the Fury or Coulson recruitment character for the Justice League due to "The Grid". Furthermore, if you read my posts then you'll see that I want Aquaman to be well received and well respected.

And Cyborg has been featured on the Justice League for decades in shows like Galactic Guardians, Smallville, etc. So it's not crazy to say that he works--especially since robots are in (Pacific Rim, Transformers, Robocop, etc.).

Finally general audiences won't care as much about 70 years of comic book history as you do. And the New52 has been a success (Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, heck even Justice League sells well despite its mediocrity).

If you're searching for a Nick Fury of the DC Universe, why not Amanda Waller? She's a government agent predominantly involved with metahuman affairs. And before you launch the whole "She's too similar to Nick Fury" argument, she has enough personality and involvement in black ops affairs to differentiate herself. If Cyborg's role is just a recruitment officer, then that's a poor use of his character. And yes I did read your other posts and I do have to agree with you in that if Aquaman would be too extraneous on top of the other Leaguers then it would be best to leave him out. I'm just offering ways he could be in the film.

As for Cyborg, people remember the Super Friends but not so much Galactic Guardians. Does anyone remember Black Vulcan, Apache Chief or Samurai? Those extras that didn't get much screen time? At least Aquaman got a mention in the opening titles. And Bay's known for ruining Transformers for the most part so to say robots are in given Transformers is like saying vampires are in after the appalling state of the Twilight films.

Finally although the general audience won't care about the 70 year history, the people behind it are fully aware of it as well as the demand from comic fans to respect it. And we comic fans can get quite angry about things. As for the New 52, although overall I'm on the fence about it, some I like some I despise, I can see where you're coming from. It's had a remarkable short term effect and DC are looking to integrate the New 52 into a lot of their popular media. But those effects are short term and you should probably talk to some of the more ardent users on here who hate the New 52 with a passion. They can explain very well why it's not a success.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Lvenger

@Gambit1024:

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Maybe that's because he's only gotten a serious following in the last year. And yes, I think he needs other heroes to be introduced before him to sell. But those other heroes need to be sold to audiences first or else they won't be a draw for characters like Aquaman. They need to build up characters like Wonder Woman and Green Lantern before they have enough power to make Aquaman a superstar for general audiences. And you can't really sell any character if they don't get any screen time because its split over too many characters. The Justice League movie has to work before other characters can get off the ground.

Aquaman has had a following to have a book for most of his existence, sure the New52 has upped is popularity but he still had his fans. The characters like Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are draw enough for the film, all of Batman and Superman films have been financially successful even though not critical, Aquaman needs to be in this film, he dosn't need to be a superstar all he needs is exposure.

modunhanul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By modunhanul

I don't care anymore. If they're making the film, I will watch it but before then, I won't care.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Lvenger said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

If you're searching for a Nick Fury of the DC Universe, why not Amanda Waller? She's a government agent predominantly involved with metahuman affairs. And before you launch the whole "She's too similar to Nick Fury" argument, she has enough personality and involvement in black ops affairs to differentiate herself. If Cyborg's role is just a recruitment officer, then that's a poor use of his character. And yes I did read your other posts and I do have to agree with you in that if Aquaman would be too extraneous on top of the other Leaguers then it would be best to leave him out. I'm just offering ways he could be in the film.

As for Cyborg, people remember the Super Friends but not so much Galactic Guardians. Does anyone remember Black Vulcan, Apache Chief or Samurai? Those extras that didn't get much screen time? At least Aquaman got a mention in the opening titles. And Bay's known for ruining Transformers for the most part so to say robots are in given Transformers is like saying vampires are in after the appalling state of the Twilight films.

Finally although the general audience won't care about the 70 year history, the people behind it are fully aware of it as well as the demand from comic fans to respect it. And we comic fans can get quite angry about things. As for the New 52, although overall I'm on the fence about it, some I like some I despise, I can see where you're coming from. It's had a remarkable short term effect and DC are looking to integrate the New 52 into a lot of their popular media. But those effects are short term and you should probably talk to some of the more ardent users on here who hate the New 52 with a passion. They can explain very well why it's not a success.

Not Amanda Waller because if the Justice League is government sactioned, then:

1)You can't have the Justice League fight the government and Cadmus in future films.

2)Batman will seem pointless when the Justice League has A.R.G.U.S. to do all of their research, funding, problem solving, etc.

3)The Amanda Waller character is best when she hates the Justice League

The thing about Galactic Guardians and Smallville is that you said Cyborg has had a short stinit with tthe League historically. Those were counterexamples to show that he's been associated with the League for many years before the New52. It wasn't about showing his popularity.

And despite our critical opinions about Twilight and Transformers, those movies sold unlike films like Judge Dredd. There are trends in Hollywood, and right now vampires and robots are popular enough to make bank. There's no denying that.

While the fans may get angry, they are not always right. I present as evidence X-Men First Class, Thor, Captain America, and numerous other films that are financial successes And just because the fans embrace something like Dredd or Scott Pilgrim --doesn't mean it will make money. The highest selling comic of 2011 was Justice League. It sold like 300,000 copies. Since many people bought more than 1 copy, less than 300,00 people bought the book. Comic nerds and comic geeks are not a big segment of population, so film companies shouldn't bow down to us.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Gambit1024

@OutlawRenegade said:

I see what you're saying, and I'm not telling you it's a bad idea, but I do disagree with it. A main concern (as far as what I've seen) is that the Justice League and the Avengers films will be too similar. It's a dumb thing to worry about, but if you add a Coulson or a Fury to the JL film franchise, that's another step closer to that worry. While I do think Cyborg would do that role well, it's not a role I'd like to see him play in a JL film, if he's even going to be in it.

Cyborg would absolutely work in a JL film, no doubt. I also heavily believe (despite how I feel about it) that he will make it in the film before the likes of Martian Manhunter or Aquaman. As for automatically thinking that the general audience wouldn't go for Aquaman, I kind of disagree. While it's true, shows like Family Guy don't help the character's cause, there have been multiple stories written by various writers that turned the character into, well, a badass. And this is even before what Geoff Johns did to him in the New 52. For example, Morrison's take on the character in his JLA run was very King Arthur-esque; King of the Seven Seas, and kicker of many asses. Personally, what I really hope they do, is introduce the idea that the Amazons and Atlanteans are at war with one another, via Flashpoint. That way, no only do you reintroduce the public to an Aquaman that's a king and badass warrior, you also reintroduce Wonder Woman as the warrior princess that she's supposed to be. But that's just my take on it.

At the end of the day, though, WB's just gonna do whatever they want. If it were up to me, it'd be the original seven with Starro as the main villain, rather than Darkseid and the New 52 members, but whatever.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Aquaman has had a following to have a book for most of his existence, sure the New52 has upped is popularity but he still had his fans. The characters like Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are draw enough for the film, all of Batman and Superman films have been financially successful even though not critical, Aquaman needs to be in this film, he dosn't need to be a superstar all he needs is exposure.

He needs the right exposure--in which he's a main character--or else he'll never shine enough to be taken seriously. That's what we disagree about. I think we've hit the crux of our debate, and I don't think we'll come to an agreement. So let's just shake hands a move on, buddy. We're not making this film ourselves anyway =]

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@Gambit1024 said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

I see what you're saying, and I'm not telling you it's a bad idea, but I do disagree with it. A main concern (as far as what I've seen) is that the Justice League and the Avengers films will be too similar. It's a dumb thing to worry about, but if you add a Coulson or a Fury to the JL film franchise, that's another step closer to that worry. While I do think Cyborg would do that role well, it's not a role I'd like to see him play in a JL film, if he's even going to be in it.

Cyborg would absolutely work in a JL film, no doubt. I also heavily believe (despite how I feel about it) that he will make it in the film before the likes of Martian Manhunter or Aquaman. As for automatically thinking that the general audience wouldn't go for Aquaman, I kind of disagree. While it's true, shows like Family Guy don't help the character's cause, there have been multiple stories written by various writers that turned the character into, well, a badass. And this is even before what Geoff Johns did to him in the New 52. For example, Morrison's take on the character in his JLA run was very King Arthur-esque; King of the Seven Seas, and kicker of many asses. Personally, what I really hope they do, is introduce the idea that the Amazons and Atlanteans are at war with one another, via Flashpoint. That way, no only do you reintroduce the public to an Aquaman that's a king and badass warrior, you also reintroduce Wonder Woman as the warrior princess that she's supposed to be. But that's just my take on it.

At the end of the day, though, WB's just gonna do whatever they want. If it were up to me, it'd be the original seven with Starro as the main villain, rather than Darkseid and the New 52 members, but whatever.

We disagree, but we understand one another, and that may be as far as we get before we start debating in circles. I appreciate discussions like this. Let's just shake on it and move on. =]

Happy posting!

P.S. Arthur IS a badass. I think you'd like Peter David's run with the character too.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By LordRequiem

If it's anything like Dark Knight Rises it'll be a piece of crap.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By bloggerboy

@mickoreo_LZ said:

Anybody else think that this Justice League movie is kind of a bad idea? Audiences won't even know who half the team is. And then we have the Dark Knight trilogy and GL movie that will only confuse people more when they realize its not the same characters from those movies. I don't care how long it takes, individual characters need to be introduced first. It's just plain logical

So we need almost as many solo movies as there are Leaguers before we can get an actual JL movie?

Instead we could just have a Justice League movie that introduces the characters and tells it's own story. A proper film stands on it's own feet. There's no reason Justice League couldn't be like X-Men or the Dirty Dozen for that matter.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@OutlawRenegade said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

We disagree, but we understand one another, and that may be as far as we get before we start debating in circles. I appreciate discussions like this. Let's just shake on it and move on. =]

Happy posting!

P.S. Arthur IS a badass. I think you'd like Peter David's run with the character too.

True, otherwise we'll just go round in circles and I have Batman filmes to watch lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.