Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3313 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Suspicions (Possibly) Confirmed: WB ONLY Wants Batman & Superman

• 119 results
    Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Captain13
    We had previously heard that the film's release was at least some way contingent upon a strong box-office performance from Zack Snyder's Man Of Steel, but apparently, the situation is more complicated than that.

According to Batman On Film, a strong performance by Man Of Steel will see Warner turn that franchise into a trilogy before turning their attention to a superhero team-up.

However, should Man Of Steel tank, word is the studio will focus its energies upon rebooting the Batman franchise with a new standalone movie featuring a new man in the suit. That estimated 2020 release date is based on the quick turnaround of the MOS trilogy, followed by a new Batman movie - it's certainly not an official notice.

Either way, it seems as though Justice League is gradually slipping onto the back burner, with Will Beall's script also failing to impress studio chiefs. Looks like it will be a while before we see Bats and Supes teaming up...

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/rumour-justice-league-problems-to-delay-batman-reboot

So, if Man of Steel is good, we will only get Superman films. Then a Batman film.

If Man of Steel is bad, we will get a Batman film.

Sorry Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Cyborg, and Justice League fans. Warner Brothers doesn't give two ****s about you.

---

So all those people who *****ed that they wouldn't see a Justice League film without a lead-in Wonder Woman film, aren't getting a film at all. Ha! You had a higher chance of having a Wonder Woman film after Justice League, and now that it's scrapped, so is Wonder Woman.

That's why fans should stop being so ****ing negative. You only shoot yourselves in the foot.

Now we will have Superman and Batman films for all eternity. And after Green Lantern flopped, WB WILL NOT TAKE RISKS. ****!

Marvel wins. -_-

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#2  Edited By Teerack

Lol more batman movies.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AtPhantom

@Teerack said:

Lol more batman movies.

Seriously. I applaud them for not half-assing a sequel to Nolan's trilogy like they did with Burton, but come on, at least let it cool down a bit.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RDClip

A ton of Marvel movies suck, but at least they kept trying until they started making good movies. DC and WB have a failure in Green Lantern and then get scared of making movies?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#5  Edited By Teerack

Batman to be the cod of movies.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By spinningbirdcake

Thanks DC. Now I sound like a hipster whenever I say I'm not a huge Batman fan. Thank you for blowing him up in the mainstream so much that it's all you're comfortable doing.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By fodigg

Marvel won a long time ago. DC is going to have to find something that works for their properties, and that doesn't necessarily mean copying exactly what Marvel's doing. I agree that the lack of a Wonder Woman film seems incredible, especially with so many successful female-led action films recently.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Kevin Smith was wrong.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
    The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can live with Batman and Superman films..

But I'll miss a JLA movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's weird that this is the case becaase DC's animated movies rule! If they implemented the stories from the cartoons into Live-Action they could potentially be awesome.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By colonyofcells

Justice Duo of America ?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By InnerVenom123

@fodigg said:

Marvel won a long time ago.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Captain13

@fodigg: @InnerVenom123: But now they have won forever. dc had a shot before. that is gone now. who cares about the green lanterns when marvel gives you movies about the guardians of the galaxy and the nova corps? who cares about wonder woman when marvel has captain marvel, lady sif, and valkyrie? who cares about darkseid when marvel has thanos? dc didn't just lose the race, they also gave up any chance of ever catching up. marvel has three cinematic universes, but dc can not even put together one. seriously,**** warner brothers

ps, i know i listed some movies that do not exist, but they seem more likely to be adapted than most dc properties right now

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mk111

Sigh. By the time DC releases Justice League, Marvel will already be in Phase 7.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Captain13

@mk111 said:

Sigh. By the time DC releases Justice League, Marvel will already be in Phase 7.

worse, they will be irrelevant to general audiences. in 15 years, dc fans will be vastly outnumbered by a new generation of marvelites.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By colonyofcells

Warner Brothers probably just want to be cautious and careful to avoid losing more money after losing money on Green Lantern movie. Most of the dc properties need more revamps and reboots to be respectable so that the general public don't make fun of the silly dc super heroes such as Superman. Marvel is already moving towards its less popular properties so we should see more flops from Marvel movies in the future.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mk111

@Captain13 said:

@mk111 said:

worse, they will be irrelevant to general audiences. in 15 years, dc fans will be vastly outnumbered by a new generation of marvelites.

Thats a scary thought....then again, I'm more of a Marvel fan anyway...

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Captain13

@colonyofcells said:

Warner Brothers probably just want to be cautious and careful to avoid losing more money after losing money on Green Lantern movie. Most of the dc properties need more revamps and reboots to be respectable so that the general public don't make fun of the silly dc super heroes such as Superman. Marvel is already moving towards its less popular properties so we should see more flops from Marvel movies in the future.

before the iron man film, he was a c list character. i do not believe we will see marvel flops in wave two. they can make an ant man movie while dc struggles to adapt a well written green lantern story: secret origin. i still do not ubderstand how they screwed up such an easily adaptable story

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#19  Edited By TheCannon

Why is Cyborg listed in the OP saying sorry to his fans instead of Aquaman & Flash? I don't care what you think of him (I like him, just not as a Leaguer), you can't possibly think he can hold is own film.

Other than that, I'm really not surprised. They have no idea how much money they could make off of a good Wonder Woman or Green Lantern movie.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Captain13

@TheCannon: Cyborgs, androids, and robots almost always sell. Just saying. He is not as difficult a character to adapt or fund because his physics easily translate to the real world, he has a lot of other properties to reference, and he has more than three decades worth of source material. a movie could make him a star. look at kickass, blade, iron man, thor, and others

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JonSmith

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Stormbox

@mk111 said:

@Captain13 said:

@mk111 said:

Thats a scary thought....then again, I'm more of a Marvel fan anyway...

How sensitive

You know, some of us care about these characters

Just for future reference

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By darkman61288

It makes some sense why is so cautious with their characters. But if MoS does succeed than make a Wonder Woman movie. The GP view her as a female version of Superman, so he does well she might do well. But if he doesnt I say still try it. Just film her more like how she is in her solo series where she is very unlike Superman not like how she is in the JL series.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By colonyofcells

Warner Brothers is maybe just more patient and are in no hurry to make money on superheroes and maybe Warner Brothers has other good non superhero movies that they can make money from. Marvel just had a lucky year or 2 on many superhero movies and they will probably just go down after that and the superhero craze in the movies will end.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By danhimself

I'm sure that WB will change their minds when/if Phase 2, GotG, Ant-man, and Dr. Strange are successful

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By darkman61288

@colonyofcells said:

Warner Brothers is maybe just more patient and are in no hurry to make money on superheroes and maybe Warner Brothers has other good non superhero movies that they can make money from. Marvel just had a lucky year or 2 on many superhero movies and they will probably just go down after that and the superhero craze in the movies will end.

I agree the superhero craze will most likey end this decade. most craze last about tens or so. I the erotic craze might succed it depending on the success of 50 shades of Grey movie

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By colonyofcells

The Marvel phase 2 are the Marvel properties that were never that popular in the comics which will translate to rejection by the general public. I don't know if Warner will ever be looney enough to try doing live action movies of such weak comic book properties like Lobo, Atom and Phantom Stranger.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By joshmightbe

I knew WB didn't have the balls to do JLA.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By KnightRise

@colonyofcells said:

Justice Duo of America ?

World's Finest? I'd be kind of ok with that

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Captain13

@colonyofcells said:

The Marvel phase 2 are the Marvel properties that were never that popular in the comics which will translate to rejection by the general public. I don't know if Warner will ever be looney enough to try doing live action movies of such weak comic book properties like Lobo, Atom and Phantom Stranger.

That's pretty flawed logic as evidenced by the success of the Blade Trilogy. Blade cannot hold a comic book, but he can hold a film series and an anime series.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Eternal19

If they do a superman/batman movie than theres a chance it could surpass avengers

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#32  Edited By turoksonofstone

@Captain13 said:

Marvel wins. -_-

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Captain13

@Eternal19 said:

If they do a superman/batman movie than theres a chance it could surpass avengers

Doubtful. Many of the people who didn't watch any of the Avengers lead-in films still saw the Avengers (multiple times) for two reasons:

1) Marketing/Hype

2) Broad appeal of the cast

To elaborate the second reason, in the Avengers there were prominent minorities and females in the film which expanded who the film was targeted to. And there were characters of varying ages and super ability too. The movie was built for mass appeal.

While Superman and Batman are no doubt popular and highly regarded, they are still just two anglo-saxon looking white guys. Their film would make gang-busters, obviously, but I doubt that it would make as much money as the Avengers, which had broader demographic appeal. Also, the Avengers was an all ages film, while I would expect a Worlds Finest movie set in the Man of Steel world to cater to a slightly mature demographic (in the same way that the Dark Knight trilogy did).

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By Gambit1024

I'm not surprised, and neither should anyone else. WB's been sitting on a gold mine for years, and they only start giving a crap when the guys at Marvel gave us what we should've gotten years ago.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By colonyofcells

Warner brothers is probably just cautious bec. the superhero movie craze is probably already on the way out, similar to the vampire movie craze such as those Blade movies. Moviegoers are very fickle and their taste change fast. Dc is very active still in tv since we have Arrow and might have Amazon soon on CW.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Who called it?

I called it. Called it the second GL's numbers came in.

Being right all the f*cking time is such a chore.

Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37  Edited By Queen's Halo

And this should be a surprise why?

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38  Edited By SupBatz

I haven't given up yet. With The Avengers 2 on the way WB might decide to get ballsy and give more consideration to other DC characters.

Batman and Superman are great. I'm fine with more movies starring them. But we should also get other characters in addition.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
    @colonyofcells
    Justice Duo of America ?
    Lmao!!!
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#40  Edited By Lvenger

Calm down this is only a rumour so far people. Let's not jump to conclusions here.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
    @colonyofcells

Warner brothers is probably just cautious bec. the superhero movie craze is probably already on the way out, similar to the vampire movie craze such as those Blade movies. Moviegoers are very fickle and their taste change fast. Dc is very active still in tv since we have Arrow and might have Amazon soon on CW.

That sounds like an excuse.WB likes money, especially that Batman money and they're scared they can't make it off other characters besides him. The only thing that could kill the superhero movie craze is another flop like Green Lantern. Marvels been hit or miss , mostly hit but if they can take a chance on characters like Blade why can't DC do the same? It comes down to making a good movie and WB doesn't have faith enough in their product.
    Avatar image for shark_repellent_bat_spray
    Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm happy about this news. If only Man Of Steel was getting cancelled!

Let Marvel go ahead with all their Iron Man & Friends stuff without any competition.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jwalser3

@Teerack said:

Batman to be the cod of movies.

Seriously! I love Batman and all but they need more Superhero movies. I'd love a Flash movie or even a Teen Titans movie!

And on a side note. If they were going to make a Justice League movie; they do what Marvel did and make seperate movies for the heroes. Do you think they would have to make another Batman movie to go along with it? Me and my friend have been arguing about this lately.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By colonyofcells

Even the silly old kids properties of dc should be translatable to movies. Michael Bay was able to translate a silly old kids cartoon from the 1980s into 3 very profitable live action movies. He got rid of some hopeless stuff like Megatron transforming into a tiny gun which angered many old fans but did earn tons of money in the movies. Altho GI Joe is not doing as well as Transformers in the movies for some reason. I would think GI Joe properties should be easy to translate into an action movie or kung fu movie. Dc has Blackhawks which is sort of similar to GI Joe. Since robots are popular, maybe dc should do Robotman movie first. DC should already do a Cyborg movie before Bionic Man movies hit the screen altho Robocop movies are already old news. Marvel is already flooding the market with tons of superhero movies so it is now hard for Warner Brothers to enter the same market bec. many of the Warner properties are similar to that of Marvel such as Green Arrow being similar to Hawkeye. With marvel flooding the market with tons of superhero movies and people might tire of these so many silly superheroes tomorrow, I can understand why Warner Brothers are cautious.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

Is Dark Universe going to be Warner Brothers?

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

So a World's finest movie? Yes!

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47  Edited By Pokeysteve

Mixed feelings about this. The degree to which I love Wonder Woman, I just know they'll screw her up so delaying her makes me mostly happy. On the flip side the Justice League is 100x more awesome than the Avengers and needs to get done!

A shame WB and DC put soooo much focus on Bats and Supe. I understand they make the most money for the company but that doesn't mean other characters can't make money. Build a universe by adding characters to the Batman and Superman movies. Have WW or Flash appear in Superman. Have Martian Manhunter appear in Batman.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

Is Dark Universe going to be Warner Brothers?

Never mind. I just checked and it is.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@Lvenger said:

Calm down this is only a rumour so far people. Let's not jump to conclusions here.

But jumping to conclusions is what the internet is all about!

Anyway, if it is true, wouldn't surprise me, cause when it's all said and down, Batman is always the answer.

ALFMutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ALFMutant

Well, with movies like Catwoman, Jonah Hex and Green Lantern. No wonder Warner fear another flop.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.