Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3312 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

New Justice League book/team by R. B. Silva?!?!?!

• 81 results
    KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By KnightRise

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@KnightRise: that was the point in the "no duplicates" rule, DC said that Earth-2 was to confusing and now there doing it all over again also this a stupid line-up, all it is, is a JLA/JL hash.

DC said it was confusing and limited mutiple versions.

Fans said we want the characters back. We got them back, and the book has been awesome. I'm not sure what you're upset about.

Impala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Impala

We still don't know what will be the 2 new titles in May. Room for it after DC Universe Presents and I,Vampire axed in April.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#53  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@KnightRise said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@KnightRise: Well thats another way to make Earth-2 less unique, more redundant and more confusing

Multiple versions of characters shouldn't be confusing at all to someone who reads comicbooks. And Red Tornado doesn't belong on Earth 2; he's Silver Age not Golden Age. He was in the JSA recently, but not back in the 40s/50s. Earth 2 isn't totally restricted to original/GA characters, either. Robinson used Kendra Saunders rather than Shiera Sanders and Dr. Fate's name will be Khalid.

John Smith/Red Tornado was major a Silver age revamp of the original Ma Hunkel Red Tornado from the Golden age who as it happens was an honorary member of the JSA.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#54  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@KnightRise: Because Earth-2 was a unique book with it's own set of characters but now they will just be alt versions again

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@KnightRise: Because Earth-2 was a unique book with it's own set of characters but now they will just be alt versions again

yeah, its kind of disappointing. nice avi btw

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#56  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Avenging-X-Bolt: I decided to change my avatar in honour of Splinters badass finisher in the last ep of TMNT

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By KnightRise

@Jonny_Anonymous: I kind of get what you mean, but I think E2 is pretty unique with Alan, Jay, Wesley Dodds, Al, and soon to be Ted Grant. But regardless, the Red Tornado I'm talking about wouldn't belong on Earth 2 anyway. Personally, I would've prefered all original Golden Agers in the book.

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@KnightRise said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@KnightRise: Well thats another way to make Earth-2 less unique, more redundant and more confusing

Multiple versions of characters shouldn't be confusing at all to someone who reads comicbooks. And Red Tornado doesn't belong on Earth 2; he's Silver Age not Golden Age. He was in the JSA recently, but not back in the 40s/50s. Earth 2 isn't totally restricted to original/GA characters, either. Robinson used Kendra Saunders rather than Shiera Sanders and Dr. Fate's name will be Khalid.

John Smith/Red Tornado was major a Silver age revamp of the original Ma Hunkel Red Tornado from the Golden age who as it happens was an honorary member of the JSA.

Ok I guess I didn't know that. Interesting, I wonder how Robinson will revamp her.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By colonyofcells

The android Red Tornado started in the JSA (earth 2) before moving to JLA (earth 1) in the bronze age. Black Canary moved from earth 2 to earth 1 slightly earlier around the time Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman resigned from the bronze age JLA.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Lvenger said:

I don't see how this is the JLI. Most of its members are American. And this source hasn't been identified so they could just be sketches. Having said that this is an interesting roster. I love the fact Nightwing and Red Tornado are on the team as they were both fitting members during their tenure on the Pre New 52 JLA. But it is getting a bit ridiculous that Shazam, Hawkman and Black Canary would be on 2 JL teams at a time. And there are 3 JL teams already. Isn't that enough?

Which team is Shazam in? eh Canary has always been part of 2 teams agree on Hawkman though

With that said I have no idea why Catwoman and Batgirl of all people are members of JL/JLA/JLI(whatever).

Still I much prefer this line up overall than the one we're getting in JLA.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#60  Edited By Lvenger

@entropy_aegis: As of Justice League 16 Shazam's on the main JL team. Canary will be a part of 3 teams if this turns out to be true and I agree on Catwoman and Batgirl. Personally I am interested in the JLA roster but John's shoddy team book writing puts me off buying it.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Lvenger said:

@entropy_aegis: As of Justice League 16 Shazam's on the main JL team. Canary will be a part of 3 teams if this turns out to be true and I agree on Catwoman and Batgirl. Personally I am interested in the JLA roster but John's shoddy team book writing puts me off buying it.

They got the call but I dont think all of them will officially end up joining,someone said in an interview cant recall who,still we'll see.

I guess it's not as bad as Wolverine though lol.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Lvenger

@entropy_aegis: Johns has been writing the Shazam back up and confirmed Shazam as a member so if he turns down the offer, that'll be weird. But I can see Green Arrow and Hawkman turning the offer down.

Sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Sean2206

If this is a new book with a new team the roster looks great, but as others have said three teams is a bit much. If it is a new series I'm looking forward to it but I might have to drop something to get it.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Lvenger said:

@entropy_aegis: Johns has been writing the Shazam back up and confirmed Shazam as a member so if he turns down the offer, that'll be weird. But I can see Green Arrow and Hawkman turning the offer down.

I'd rather Billy turn down the offer,unless they plan on some magic angle with him,cause I honestly feel that he'll be a Superman wannabe without that.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Lvenger

@entropy_aegis said:

@Lvenger said:

I'd rather Billy turn down the offer,unless they plan on some magic angle with him,cause I honestly feel that he'll be a Superman wannabe without that.

Johns is playing a magical angle with him in the back ups I think but given Adam and Billy's showings it looks like they will have powerhouse abilities as well as magical ones.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Lvenger said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Lvenger said:

Johns is playing a magical angle with him in the back ups I think but given Adam and Billy's showings it looks like they will have powerhouse abilities as well as magical ones.

Yeah I think sci-fi side by side with Kal is'nt gonna do Billy an favors.

irishking44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By irishking44

I miss booster so bad after JLI's cancellation

irishking44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By irishking44

Also I'm pretty sure most of the members added in JL 16 are only for the temporary crisis created by the war with Atlantis. I can't see the JL letting that many characters on their main roster that we know are going to be affiliated with the new JLA series that supposedly is going to be at odds with the JL.

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By herrweis

Boy,DC sure love their Gothamites,don't they?

Why have both Nightwing AND Batgirl on the same team?

Replace her with someone else.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By colonyofcells

The last Dick led Justice League was not popular so I am not sure why they want to try that again. Dick also led Outsiders and Titans reunion title and both were also not popular.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By vernierhawk001

@SmoothJammin said:

@SUNMAN: I don't care. Lets face it, the only reason she got a spot on the team was because of her relationship with Nightwing. She's about as random as Catwoman in the JLA.

Dang. lol

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By vernierhawk001

Wait....so what happens to the Nightwing title when he joins JLI???? PLease don't take it away!!!!! 0_0. Also, not sure I like the idea of another writer writing Grayson right now

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@colonyofcells said:

The last Dick led Justice League was not popular so I am not sure why they want to try that again. Dick also led Outsiders and Titans reunion title and both were also not popular.

Dick's Outsiders was very popular and is often considered the best written run in he teams history. The only real complaint was that it had too many Titans

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By FatihBATMAN

@irishking44 said:

I miss booster so bad after JLI's cancellation

Justice League International? why was it cancelled?

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By herrweis

@colonyofcells: the outsiders was pretty popular in the begining actually and for a couple of years .the titans series u had right,not popular at all.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By SmoothJammin

@vernierhawk001 said:

@SmoothJammin said:

@SUNMAN: I don't care. Lets face it, the only reason she got a spot on the team was because of her relationship with Nightwing. She's about as random as Catwoman in the JLA.

Dang. lol

Reminds me alot of Starfire's short lived appearance in the pre52 Justice League. I don't want her attraction to dick stinking up the book. Swap her out with an unknown. I know someone said Vixen, not sure if she's a free agent these days but I'll bet fans can get behind her.

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@colonyofcells said:

Dick's Outsiders was very popular and is often considered the best written run in he teams history. The only real complaint was that it had too many Titans

I've read some of Judd Winicks Outsiders and I gotta say.. Dick is a huge jerkass throughout the series. He is so badly handled (thanks alot Judd u suck at writing NW) his own team doesn't recognize him. His best friend dies under his watch and so does another longtime Titan. At one point he gets demoted as leader for putting his team's health at risk and generally not caring. There's one issue Dick literally threatens Superman(his idol!!!) with Kryptonite I mean gawd what more can I say. The funniest instance had to be where Nightwing gets help on a case by going public on America's Most Wanted. What kind of Mickey mouse crap is that!? There's a reason this run doesn't get the recognition his other team books have earned.

atonemented

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By atonemented

Uh i hope BG IS on the team because it'd be refreshing to see someone other than Simone write her

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By rav4

@atonemented said:

Uh i hope BG IS on the team because it'd be refreshing to see someone other than Simone write her

Well, she's already in Birds of Prey...

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@SmoothJammin said:

@vernierhawk001 said:

@SmoothJammin said:

Dang. lol

Reminds me alot of Starfire's short lived appearance in the pre52 Justice League. I don't want her attraction to dick stinking up the book. Swap her out with an unknown. I know someone said Vixen, not sure if she's a free agent these days but I'll bet fans can get behind her.

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@colonyofcells said:

I've read some of Judd Winicks Outsiders and I gotta say.. Dick is a huge jerkass throughout the series. He is so badly handled (thanks alot Judd u suck at writing NW) his own team doesn't recognize him. His best friend dies under his watch and so does another longtime Titan. At one point he gets demoted as leader for putting his team's health at risk and generally not caring. There's one issue Dick literally threatens Superman(his idol!!!) with Kryptonite I mean gawd what more can I say. The funniest instance had to be where Nightwing gets help on a case by going public on America's Most Wanted. What kind of Mickey mouse crap is that!? There's a reason this run doesn't get the recognition his other team books have earned.

Dick was still depressed about Donna Troy wasnt he? I thought that was why he turned into an anal dwelling butt-monkey.

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
    Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

Hmmm. Not so sure about Booster Gold. I'd like to see Icon!

Wonderman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Wonderman1

I like the line up a lot though I am sure it would evolve. We shall see.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.