Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

most powerful member of the JL who is the most useless?

SailorFreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

I think that Martian Manhunter is the most powerful, and Hawk (Hank Hall) is the most useless.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Batman.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By JakeN7

@experio said:

Batman.

Most useless when written by Johns? Yes. But not most powerful.

I feel like Wonder Woman probably fits both those categories the best. She's just not written well in JL right now.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently Batman is the weakest.

4_color_image

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman is possibly the most powerful who is sadly written as a worthless love sick puppy who acts out in rash ways because her man is hurt. However, when Diana and Clark are together he is a worthless piece of crap. I just always get a feeling that DC (Dan, Johns, Lee) have no love at all for both Diana & Clark, when in reality, they would not have a job had it not been for those two.

Jhaigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4_color_image: I'm pretty sure that it is just Wondie that some of the guys at DC don't like cause I'm pretty sure Superman is pretty loved at that company

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

As much of a fanboy as i am the only correct answer here, is THE FLASH.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Zatanna. She never gets to do anything important.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Arrow must be the greatest thing to happen to the JL if you think Wonder Woman is at all useless

4_color_image

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By 4_color_image

@jhaigo said:

@4_color_image: I'm pretty sure that it is just Wondie that some of the guys at DC don't like cause I'm pretty sure Superman is pretty loved at that company

Maybe it is just Johns, but notice that most anytime Johns has a major storyline he either makes Superman a blubbering idiot or a villain, Wonder Woman is a love sick puppy, a mindless warmonger, or MIA, but Batman is always front & center.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strangely, Captain Marvel/Shazam often falls in this role. One of the things I was most excited about in the New 52 was the supposed focus on Shazam, but so far, he has been featured as little as before. One problem is, writers seem to think the way to make Shazam credible is by having him stand toe to toe with Superman, but its actually a VERY ineffective way to bolster Shazam, it just makes Superman look like an idiot.

And people who said Batman, really? Are you going to whine about a normal human, who really doesnt even have any business being on the team with the heavy hitters anyway, that is constantly right in the thick of any major battle? He is the only Justice League member IN FOREVER EVIL. He has a main role, while all the others are just locked away and totally irrelevant. His plot is almost always central in ANY story, even Justice League stories.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

This, Flash is always a bit part, always nerfed, written correctly he is the most powerful member of the JL. Makes me sick really....

Hawq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hawq

@squares: I agree, mostly if we're talking New 52. She had some awesome moments pre-52, primarily in Identity Crisis.

Overall I would have to say Martian Manhunter. He's often overlooked despite being a powerhouse, and is capable of much more than what the writers usually put on him. I think it has gotten better since he became a part of Justice League of America rather than Justice League. He isn't quite as overlooked in the series since he isn't standing behind the big three.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely the Flash.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I honestly can't think of any JL member that is useless, they all have atleast on strength they excel at and makes them unique

Strongest member is Superman :)

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Johns has made Flash pretty useless. And Batman. And Green Lantern because there is no Green Lantern anymore. And Cyborg. He just stands there and does his computer thing. Everyone who isn't Superman and Wonder Woman are seemingly useless in John' JL.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.