Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3312 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

martian manhunter in JL

Nightflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nightflash

Anyone else upset that Martian Manhunter won't be a part of the original and "real" Justice League in New 52 and he isn't a founding member? What other members do you want a part of the JL.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AtPhantom

@Nightflash said:

Anyone else upset that Martian Manhunter won't be a part of the original and "real" Justice League in New 52 and he isn't a founding member?

Yeah, about half the Internet. Where have you been for the past year? :P

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jphulk26

@Nightflash: Yep.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#4  Edited By TheCannon

@Nightflash: Not to be rude, but that's what most of the JL forums have been talking about since 2011. I personally feel it's the most idiotic thing DC has ever done and anyone who disagrees has never read anything with or about MM.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@AtPhantom said:

@Nightflash said:

Anyone else upset that Martian Manhunter won't be a part of the original and "real" Justice League in New 52 and he isn't a founding member?

Yeah, about half the Internet. Where have you been for the past year? :P

This. But I like Cyborg as a founder. He connects the DC Universe through the "Grid" , he's strong, he's likable, and he adds diversity. Maybe the Martian will join the Justice League later. He's starring in JLA and he has a spy story backup in that book. I prefer him as an enigmatic spy rather than the heart of the League, so no I don't miss him as a founder. =]

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By AtPhantom

@OutlawRenegade said:

This. But I like Cyborg as a founder. He connects the DC Universe through the "Grid" , he's strong, he's likable, and he adds diversity. Maybe the Martian will join the Justice League later. He's starring in JLA and he has a spy story backup in that book. I prefer him as an enigmatic spy rather than the heart of the League, so no I don't miss him as a founder. =]

I contest the likeable part. He had less character to him in the first ten or so issues that I've read than the paper he was printed on.

But apart from that, we've all made our choices and reasons on the matter clear already. I still have a giant list of reasons on why taking MM was bad and why putting Cyborg in specifically was bad, and while MM is at least kinda interesting in Stormwatch, DC has done nothing to reassure me about anything Cyborg related.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#7  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

i miss him. I've tried accepting the change but DC isn't doing much to make me validate the faith i had. Cyborg seems even blander than he was before the reboot even with his new powers.

Wonderman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wonderman1

My concern with MM is more about the character then his status in the JLA. My favorite J'onn is calm, centered, joyful but also deeply lonely. He provides an almost Buddhist-like point of view for every problem that is super refreshing. I have not read every issue of Stormwatch but J'onn seems to be extremely angry. There are enough angry characters, I like J' onn closer to serene then savage.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By the_tree

Yeah, I am. Cyborg as a founder is just stupid.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Captain13

@The_Tree said:

I strongly disagree for a whole bunch of reasons.

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

i miss him. I've tried accepting the change but DC isn't doing much to make me validate the faith i had. Cyborg seems even blander than he was before the reboot even with his new powers.

A Cyborg-centered story in March is supposed to win people like you over to the Cyborg character. He just hasn't had enough of the limelight to be developed yet.

@Wonderman1 said:

My concern with MM is more about the character then his status in the JLA. My favorite J'onn is calm, centered, joyful but also deeply lonely. He provides an almost Buddhist-like point of view for every problem that is super refreshing. I have not read every issue of Stormwatch but J'onn seems to be extremely angry. There are enough angry characters, I like J' onn closer to serene then savage.

That J'onn didn't sell books. They are going to do J'onn what they did to Shazam. They are going to make him more interesting by making him into an enigmatic spy in the Justice League of America backup pages. People will hate it at first (like they hated Shazam) but everyone will come to like it. This new role alone justifies his removal from founding status.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SmashBrawler

@The_Tree said:

Yes it is.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Captain13

@SmashBrawler said:

@The_Tree said:

Yes it is.

Wait until you see the Grid and its importance to the team. Cyborg will be the digital heart of the DC Nation.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By SUNMAN

@Nightflash said:

Anyone else upset that Martian Manhunter won't be a part of the original and "real" Justice League in New 52 and he isn't a founding member? What other members do you want a part of the JL.

no. probably only 100 ppl on the internet tops. I actually like his new role better. No longer getting punked due to the Superman factor

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Captain13 said:

@SmashBrawler said:

@The_Tree said:

Yes it is.

Wait until you see the Grid and its importance to the team. Cyborg will be the digital heart of the DC Nation.

I have seen that solicit, and I couldn't care less. Cyborg as a founder isn't just stupid, it's just plain idiotic. Before The New 52, Cyborg was one of my favorite characters. His personal growth had been immense, going from an almost stereotypical angry black man to one of the most mature, collected and adult Titans out there (starting from New Teen Titans #7). I would have loved to have Cyborg as a legit member of the League (I think he was in the League for a short time during Robinson's run), not some forced founding member.

Plus, this erases Wolfman and Perez's run. Wolfman and Perez's NTT >>>>> Johns' Justice League.

Although I have to say I don't really want J'onn to be a founding member either. I don't know, he always kind of felt out of place. I always liked him better as some kind of sentinel who watches over the heroes of tomorrow, and joins them when the time is right.

No Caption Provided
    colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By colonyofcells

For marketing purposes, Warner Brothers needs an African American on the Justice League. In the cartoons, it was John Stewart. In the Smallville tv show, it was Cyborg. Now, Warner Brothers has decided to use Cyborg in all the media as part of the Justice League. The Martian Manhunter was not popular so he got kicked out of the founders list. At least Martian Manhunter did not get dumped into earth 2 like Red Tornado or demoted like Ray Palmer.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

#16  Edited By Arkhamc1tizen

I miss martain manhunter

why would they give katana her own book give martain manhunter a solo

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By TDK_1997

Yes.I miss him a lot.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BlackWind

@Arkhamc1tizen said:

I miss martain manhunter

Seriously, why? DC considers giving people like Katana and Vibe books over redeeming their failures on Static?

And I kinda long for the animated series version of Cyborg, not sure why.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 137

#19  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Captain13 said:

@The_Tree said:

I strongly disagree for a whole bunch of reasons.

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

A Cyborg-centered story in March is supposed to win people like you over to the Cyborg character. He just hasn't had enough of the limelight to be developed yet.

@Wonderman1 said:

That J'onn didn't sell books. They are going to do J'onn what they did to Shazam. They are going to make him more interesting by making him into an enigmatic spy in the Justice League of America backup pages. People will hate it at first (like they hated Shazam) but everyone will come to like it. This new role alone justifies his removal from founding status.

People are still complaining about Shazam. most of the people who aren't generally weren't fans of the character in the first place.

as far as MM goes, i like the new role, i just hope they don't turn him into an asshole or a psycho.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FatihBATMAN

Lets see where they go with this.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@BlackWind said:

@Arkhamc1tizen said:

I miss martain manhunter

Seriously, why? DC considers giving people like Katana and Vibe books over redeeming their failures on Static?

And I kinda long for the animated series version of Cyborg, not sure why.

Me too!

No Caption Provided

@FatihBATMAN said:

Lets see where they go with this.

Agreed

Avatar image for fullmetalchobit
    FullmetalChobit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By FullmetalChobit

I'm annoyed that MM isn't part of the original line-up to the N52 JLA.

What annoys me more is that he hasn't even got a series of his own in the N52.

What happened to my sensitive, shape-changing Martian friend?

Cyborg who?

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@FullmetalChobit: He has his own backup in JLA, which is more than Cyborg has, so...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cyborg rules!

Eye_C_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Eye_C_You

MM is too good for the JL now =]

NewComicGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NewComicGuy

I really enjoy Martian Manhunter and am very much looking forward to his involvement with the new JL team. In fact, I ended up dropping Stormwatch because it just wasn't the same for me once he was gone.

Justice_League

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Justice_League

I really liked MM but i have to say that im kinda glad that Cyborg is a founder and not MM since i think he is too powerfull for the JL and Cyborg adds alot of different things to the team, he is completely different to any other member.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By z3ro180

@SmashBrawler said:

@Captain13 said:

No Caption Provided

is the baby in that pod superman?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Z3RO180: Yup.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.