Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Let's pretend that Christian Bale returns in the JLA movie

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By reignmaker

Would you be happy or sad?

I know it's a fool's hope. But there's a part of me that wishes Christian Bale would go, "F my principles!" And go for the total cash grab, joining the Justice League movie. I know it messes up any plans for a Batman reboot, but if WB wants the sky to immediately rain Franklin bills, they'll shut Christian in a room with their lawyers until he succumbs to the pressure.

Would never happen, I know. And I'm aware that there's people on here who would like Chris Nolan's Bat films to go away. But financially it would make sense. Though the move would conceivably put the brakes on the Batman franchise, adding Bale to the JLA would instantly bring an air of legitimacy to the other characters sharing the screen with him - catapulting their respective franchises.

Oh yeah, and assuming Man of Steel doesn't bomb, there is no way in hell that Avengers 2 would win the box office war under this scenario.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By JLDoom

Nah, I never liked his Batman tbh...

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Superdork

I don't want the Dark Knight series to touch Justice League at all. Dark Knight should be a universe of Oscar caliber films, while the Justice League should be a fun blockbuster like Avengers. Furthermore, Bale is now too old. And his Bat-voice is a joke. And his ultra-realistic Batman is unsuited for a big, blockbuster-y, fantastical superhero team. Finally, I want this guy in the role:

Gosling: He's 6'1
    Gosling: He's 6'1" (like Cavill), and he's buff. He can act too. Just dye his hair black.

He even looks like Greg Capullo's Batman for chrissakes!

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SupBatz

@Superdork said:

I don't want the Dark Knight series to touch Justice League at all. Dark Knight should be a universe of Oscar caliber films, while the Justice League should be a fun blockbuster like Avengers. Furthermore, Bale is now too old. And his Bat-voice is a joke. And his ultra-realistic Batman is unsuited for a big, blockbuster-y, fantastical superhero team.
    Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Nightwing4

@Superdork: I've thought this ever since I saw Ides of March. Totally agree. He's the most Batman-like guy out there now. Everyone else is too old, too small, or doesn't look the part. MAKE THIS HAPPEN WB.

To answer the OP, I'd be very happy to see Bale alongside other heroes. Just because we haven't seen GL rings and aliens in the Nolanverse doesn't mean he couldn't work in a JL movie. I'll agree that Bale driving the tumbler to attack a giant Starro would be a bit ridiculous but, that's only because Starro would be a terrible movie villain.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Nightwing4 said:

@Superdork: I've thought this ever since I saw Ides of March. Totally agree. He's the most Batman-like guy out there now. Everyone else is too old, too small, or doesn't look the part. MAKE THIS HAPPEN WB.

To answer the OP, I'd be very happy to see Bale alongside other heroes. Just because we haven't seen GL rings and aliens in the Nolanverse doesn't mean he couldn't work in a JL movie. I'll agree that Bale driving the tumbler to attack a giant Starro would be a bit ridiculous but, that's only because Starro would be a terrible movie villain.

Nolan's Batman got his ass kicked by dogs. Effin' dogs.

Concerning the OP, I think my answer's fairly obvious.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By reignmaker

By all accounts Man of Steel is retaining the "real-world" feel. Makes sense to me that JLA follows suit. If both films were to do this, Bale all of sudden doesn't seem so ridiculous. On top of that, let's not kid ourselves...it's not like Nolan's Batman films felt THAT real.

I think it's a mistake to try and one-up the Avengers at what it has already done. Not that there shouldn't be fantastical elements, mind you, but I'd really like DC to remain different in its offerings. To me, Green Lantern was a film that was trying hard to "Marvelize" the DC universe.

One final point. Does anyone here remember Kurt Busiek's Astro City comic? The primary hook to that book "explores how people — both ordinary people and the heroes and villains themselves — react to living in their world." Though the fantastical is always happening, there was a much more real-world feel to it in the way normal people and world events were highlighted. I hope this is the approach DC takes. It's tougher to pull off, but at the end of the day, I think general audiences would eat it up!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.