Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3324 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

Idris Elba Wants To Play Green Lantern In Justice League

• 185 results
    Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 48

@silverpool: Or they can share a bit of the spotlight with one another. If done right they could be the Kirk and Spock of the DCU.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By JeanRalphio

@fallschirmjager: Well, in that case, if we aren't going for lily white then I would say Gal Gadot for WW

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By SilverPool

@black_claw said:

@silverpool: Or they can share a bit of the spotlight with one another. If done right they could be the Kirk and Spock of the DCU.

That could work too. Although I think in a Justice League film, Barry and Hal would better suit the Kirk and Spock roles since they are so close in the comics. But in GL films that'd be cool if Stewart and Hal are sort of like buddy cops in some instances. Both characters could attract both fans of the JL tv series, and comic fans.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: God no, either John or Hal only need to be in it. The dynamic needs to be either Hal or John with Barry or Wally*.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanralphio: When I said "equally share the spotlight" I was referring to silverpools idea of a series of GL films. Come on man, any sensible person would know that having two GL's in a JL movie would be over kill.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeanralphio: When I said "equally share the spotlight" I was referring to silverpools idea of a series of GL films. Come on man, any sensible person would know that having two GL's in a JL movie would be over kill.

Unless it's Blackest Night...

I would cry tears of joy if I was fortunate enough to live to see Blackest Night made into a film.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First,you didn't make that clear at all. 2nd,Kirk and Spock are in the same movies. 3rd,Do a better job of explaining yourself bud,any sensible person would.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC should hype him up more. John Stewart is a fantastic character and all, but I feel that he can, and should be way better than he is right now.

The first step towards that would be to make a major GL event with him front and center, and expand his character.

But I don't see DC doing that. Shame, shame.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Tyrus

I'm getting sick of looking at titles that include "Justice League movie"... WHAT Justice League movie?

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyrus: lol, you do have a point there...

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bring it on! hal had his chance and the movie didnt work. it isnt a knock on reynolds but the story was utter shit

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC should hype him up more. John Stewart is a fantastic character and all, but I feel that he can, and should be way better than he is right now.

The first step towards that would be to make a major GL event with him front and center, and expand his character.

But I don't see DC doing that. Shame, shame.

No Caption Provided

Are you happy now?

Desh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Desh

@twentyfive:

DC is doing really good with John Stewart right now. Better than they've done in decades. Try reading Green Lantern Corps from #21 on. John stars in it, the writers really understand and care about the character, and the art is beautiful. All surprising, but true! For the first time in decades, DC is giving John a good, honest effort.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#164  Edited By PapiNacho

I guess no one likes Kyle Rayner.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I guess no one likes Kyle Rayner.

Lots of people like Kyle. It's just Kyle fans recognize he's not the main GL. They don't need him to be and they can just like him for who he is without trying to take the main spot.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Why wouldn't he be the main GL, thought wasn't he the one who took on the reins when Jordan went psychopath?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Why wouldn't he be the main GL, thought wasn't he the one who took on the reins when Jordan went psychopath?

He was for that time because everything was torn down and was starting something different but then they brought everything back. For him to be the main guy Hal can't be around.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#168  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@papinacho: true but he started to lose popularity later on in his career whereas John and Hal experienced immense rises in popularity with the timmverse and Johns revival respectively. Kyle has also had the benefit of always maintaining an important role and decent exposure in GL comics even when he isn't the main GL whereas the others have been pushed off to the side.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean since everybody whines about Wally being the main Flash, I thought Kyle would have more support to be the main GL. Legacy and all that nice DC stuff.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean since everybody whines about Wally being the main Flash, I thought Kyle would have more support to be the main GL. Legacy and all that nice DC stuff.

Wally has never been the main Flash while Barry is around. He only had that spot because Barry died and Wally was a legacy. Once he returned it reverted right back to Barry because he is the main Flash. People just confuse it because so many grew up with Wally.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Wally or Kyle, never having been the main super heroes when their silver age counterparts are around doesn't mean they shouldn't ever be. That is the whole concept of legacy, only the Trinity can never truly pass down their mantles. Also my original statement referred to my surprise that no one was suggesting Kyle as they do John or Wally, that is to say referring to public perception.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho: It's not really different from the trinity. Comics live in a time vacuum the only way for a legacy to truly be the main is for comics to not live in that bubble where characters actually grow old and move on which isn't going to happen. Some lower tier characters it might happen too (Blue Beetle, Atom is possible) but not the big names.

As for your original thing I already explained it as Kyle fans being more reasonable and having the ability to not need him to have the top spot and can enjoy him for the character he is. Also realize that there are other characters with a greater history.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By PapiNacho

@dernman: You can't possibly call 23 and 10 years respectively of being the main characters no truly being the "main."

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By dernman

@papinacho said:

@dernman: You can't possibly call 23 and 10 years respectively of being the main characters no truly being the "main."

When you get pushed aside the moment the original comes back then you're not truly the main. He was only the main because the original wasn't around and would never have really gotten that if he was. Might be one of the longest stretches of a temporary mantel change but still wasn't the true main.

Time to eat thanksgiving. Soooo Hungry. XD

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Stefano

I think he would be a great john stewart. But i want Hal Jordan to be in the JLA movie

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too bad this movie will never happen.

Desh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are a couple strikes against using Kyle Rayner, in my opinion.

1) Nobody in the general audience knows who he is, whereas John Stewart is already recognized and positively accepted.

2) It's too easy to visually confuse him with Hal Jordan. Both are White guys who wear green masks and who call themselves "Green Lantern." Everybody knows John Stewart is not them because he looks so different. Using John Stewart would be a sign that they're trying something different and bringing in a character many people know and wanted to see in the first film. Using Kyle might make it look like they're just using the White guy again, which would remind people of the unsavory movie from 2011.

3) For Kyle to be used, some of the best things about Green Lantern would need to be torn down, such as the Corps and the Guardians, and I don't think that's a good idea. Now, they could keep those things and just have Kyle in the GLC, but then... considering the above points, why even use him?

4) Kyle is not Green Lantern currently in comic continuity.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Let's face it...John is just a better League member. Plus I freaking love Idris Elba. The guy could play Tim Drake and I would not complain.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still firmly believe that the Rock should play Black Adam. But I think he could pull of John if he was casted as him in a JL movie.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still firmly believe that the Rock should play Black Adam. But I think he could pull of John if he was casted as him in a JL movie.

Is John supposed to be the buffest member on the team?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The Rock for John Stewart? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if the rock become john stewart he might overshadow bats and supes

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

bump

Zach_S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.